+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?

For this question , do we have to attach our Stamped Visa for US , Canadian Stamped visa for Work permit , Stamped PRTD etc? I have all 3 in my passport

I am not sure if stamped Visas are considered travel document
For the question specifically, Just list the passport(s) you had within the last 5 years

however the question will come up where you will have to declare the citizenships and immigration statues in which you will have declare the visas you had (including study, work, visitor/business visas)

Alikhan115674

Apr 13, 2020
i all, we are family of 6. Can i apply online citizenship application Has anybody in the group done so?

Do we need to fill 6 times or in one application can we add family members and Spouse in same application? Any one can share fees for adult and kids and your inputs would be very helpful.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all

Will decision made at the same time of Language, prohibition, and physical presence? Or can it be done later, and why? Thanks for your help

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi all

Will decision made at the same time of Language, prohibition, and physical presence? Or can it be done later, and why? Thanks for your help
Decision made on ECAS is equivalent to LPP complete in tracker leading to oath getting scheduled for you.
In rare cases even after oath is scheduled it could be backtracked if they come to know about your misdeeds if you had hidden it from IRCC.

Reactions: Parisuzy

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Decision made on ECAS is equivalent to LPP complete in tracker leading to oath getting scheduled for you.
In rare cases even after oath is scheduled it could be backtracked if they come to know about your misdeeds if you had hidden it from IRCC.
Thanks you. Does "LPP" stand for "Language, prohibition, and physical presence"? Also, will there be any actual announcement about "Decision made" on the online portal or as long as LPP is passed that implicitly reflects the decision made? Thanks again for your info

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks you. Does "LPP" stand for "Language, prohibition, and physical presence"? Also, will there be any actual announcement about "Decision made" on the online portal or as long as LPP is passed that implicitly reflects the decision made? Thanks again for your info
"LPP" stand for "Language, prohibition, and physical presence"? Yes
It is implicit

Decision made is a state on ECAS(portal available for paper application)

Reactions: Parisuzy

leila1234

Apr 28, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have two questions

1. My non-Canadian Password expired in 2019 and due to Covid and since I had no intention of leaving Canada I did not and have not renewed it yet.
  • What should I put as a reason in the explanation section for passport gap?
  • Should I obtain a new password from my country of origin and then apply for the citizenship?(this will take some time)

2. My PR card also expired in 2019 and have not renewed it.
  • Can I use Drivers license and health card for the Two requested IDs?
Or is it better for one I’d to be a PR card despite being expired?

Thank you everyone for your info

Last edited:

amarchcan

Feb 16, 2023
Hello !

Can someone please clarify for me, the significance of the LVO (local office) after the citizenship applications are sent to the LVO ? Is is the ACTUAL local visa office close to where one resides or is it randomly assigned to any office across the province / country ? Thanks in advance and apologies if its been answered earlier.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello !

Can someone please clarify for me, the significance of the LVO (local office) after the citizenship applications are sent to the LVO ? Is is the ACTUAL local visa office close to where one resides or is it randomly assigned to any office across the province / country ? Thanks in advance and apologies if its been answered earlier.
Close to where you reside but files move to other offices to handle workload too.

Reactions: amarchcan

nord123

Oct 16, 2020
Hi guys, I'm planning to submit my citizenship application later this month and I'm wondering for the "Residences and Taxes" and "Work and School" sections, if I have an event that started before my eligibility date, should I put the actual start date or my eligibility date as the start date of the event? (For example, if I started school in Canada in September 3, 2017, and my eligibility period starts on October 4, 2018, should I put September 3, 2017 or October 4, 2018 as the "start/from" date of my school education on the application?) Thanks!

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Hello. Can I apply for Canadian Citizenship while an Outland Spousal Sponsorship Application is in Process? Would this have an impact on either application? Thank you

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi people. I have a question, I am going to apply for my citizenship; when Im calculating the presence days in Canada, do I include the time after I claimed my refugee till my hearing court or not? if so, what is my status during that time? let's say I claimed on Sep 2021, and my hearing court was on Sep 2022, what status I can use for this one year? i was not a visiter nor was I a protected person(or was I) thank you. I am talking about the asylum seeker period, should I consider it while applying?if so, under what status does it go?

Last edited: