+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

liverpooligan

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hello guys, Im about to submit my online application.

I have 4 questions:

1- Do I have to scan all pages in my passport? it says only the "

The bio page(s) has your information (for example, name, photo, and date of birth).

If your document has more than 1 bio page, upload them all as 1 file.

"
So I assume it's only the bio page. am I right?

2- Regarding employment: I had worked as a DoorDash delivery while in school, but I did not make enough money to get the T4 and declare tax for it, so should I include in my application that I worked there as well?

3- I worked at a bank for 1 week too, and got paid for it, should I declare it as well?

4- Uploading picture, So, I go to a photographer, ask him to take pictures, and write his name on the back.
But when I upload I only upload the digital one right? or should I scan the physical for the front and back?

Hope to hear from you
I applied online so my answers are going to be about online citizenship application:
1. Only bio page has to be scanned and uploaded
2. Include every thing including doordash and bank whether you received T4 or not
3. For photo, the online application form will ask you the name of the photo studio/photographer, address, and date of photo; so no need to write anything on the back of the photo

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
hi all
How do you know if your background or language is passed or not? Will you receive an email or is there any way to see it online on the portal? Thanks

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi
I faced a question and appreciate your input. How do you know if your background or language is passed or not? Will you receive an email or is there any way to see it online on the portal? Thanks
No email notification for these (ones you mentioned) status updates. But you would be able to see it on the online status tracker. Background completion is the first one to happen.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
No email notification for these (ones you mentioned) status updates. But you would be able to see it on the online status tracker. Background completion is the first one to happen.
Thanks, so it will show up on the online citizenship application portal? Or should I link my online application to CIC portal to see these? Thanks

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Hi

I'm filling the citizenship application online. It is asking for "Language Proof", CLB with atleast 4 score. Can I submit the CLB Test result for the test I gave in year 2019? is it acceptable or Do i have to give it again.

Thanks

shaik4783

Dec 19, 2018
1. What would be your answer to the question# 10b?

it would be yes ..as i was more than 180 days in US

b) In the past four (4) years, were you in a country or territory other than Canada for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18)?

2. Is the following note applicable to you?

Note: If you were in your country or territory of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within
this four (4) year period, you are not required to provide a police certificate.

NO, this note is not applicable to me as i am from india and i stayed in US..

got it.. i will need to submit FBI PCC.

thank you so much

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
If your wife was on a OWP, then you cannot use visitor visa, you will have to select Temporary Worker in "type"
I played around with the tool with the dates you provided.. please see the below the screen shot..
I assumed that you would sign the application by 3rd Dec 2021 hence the 5 yr validity is upto 2nd Dec 2021

Following up on this,

In my spouse situation.
Visitor Visa validity April 2019 to April 2025.

Visitor Visa - 2019 May (Arrived)
Open work permit - 2019 December (Approved)
PR - 2020 July

Physical presence calculator should have

Visitor: 2019 may to 2019 december
Temporary worker: 2019 december to 2020 july

Thanks for your help

CC: @rajkamalmohanram if you can help on this

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Following up on this,

In my spouse situation.
Visitor Visa validity April 2019 to April 2025.

Visitor Visa - 2019 May (Arrived)
Open work permit - 2019 December (Approved)
PR - 2020 July

Physical presence calculator should have

Visitor: 2019 may to 2019 december
Temporary worker: 2019 december to 2020 july

Thanks for your help

CC: @rajkamalmohanram if you can help on this
Visitor: 2019 may(The day your spouse arrived) to 2019 December (end date should be 1 days before the TRV date)
Temporary worker: 2019 December to 2020 July (end date should be 1 days before the PR date)

• Love
Reactions: Troy2245

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Visitor: 2019 may(The day your spouse arrived) to 2019 December (end date should be 1 days before the TRV date)
Temporary worker: 2019 December to 2020 July (end date should be 1 days before the PR date)
One last question, for photo IDs, she has a passport/PR as first piece of identification, second ID would be Health Card but Quebec RAMQ don't have photo on health cards. Will it be ok? or I can submit Passport, PR and health card as IDs but I am afraid second piece Id doesn't have photo on it. Worried about this.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
One last question, for photo IDs, she has a passport/PR as first piece of identification, second ID would be Health Card but Quebec RAMQ don't have photo on health cards. Will it be ok? or I can submit Passport, PR and health card as IDs but I am afraid second piece Id doesn't have photo on it. Worried about this.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3

Examples of identification you can use include:
  • a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document (as requested above and also can be one (1) of your pieces of personal identification)
  • permanent resident card (PR card)
    • A PR card may only be used as personal identification if your second piece of personal identification was issued by the Canadian government.
  • driver’s license
  • health insurance card
  • senior citizen identification card
  • age of majority card
  • foreign identity documents, such as a passport or government issued identification documents
Passport and Health Card should be ok, otherwise if she has a Driver's License that can also be used.

Reactions: Troy2245

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3

Examples of identification you can use include:
  • a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document (as requested above and also can be one (1) of your pieces of personal identification)
  • permanent resident card (PR card)
    • A PR card may only be used as personal identification if your second piece of personal identification was issued by the Canadian government.
  • driver’s license
  • health insurance card
  • senior citizen identification card
  • age of majority card
  • foreign identity documents, such as a passport or government issued identification documents
Passport and Health Card should be ok, otherwise if she has a Driver's License that can also be used.
Yeah but for online application it strictly says they need photos on both IDs.
She doesn’t have DL.

so little concerned

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

liverpooligan

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hi

I'm filling the citizenship application online. It is asking for "Language Proof", CLB with atleast 4 score. Can I submit the CLB Test result for the test I gave in year 2019? is it acceptable or Do i have to give it again.

Thanks
Yes. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=595&top=5
You can check whether your test results are valid for citizenship application: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof/step-2.html
This is another useful link, go to question 15: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html