+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

mono_it

Apr 15, 2022
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the parents relationship when applying for a minor passport.

My ex and I signed a separation agreement in 2017, but we still lived under the same roof until 2020 when a divorce is filed. From 2017 to 2020, from CRA perspective, our marital status was "married", not "separated" due to the fact we were at the same address. Thus, I put "married" when I applied for kid's passport.

Now, I need to apply for a new kid passport. If I put "divorced" this time, I will have to provide the agreement signed in 2017. Will the officer make a big deal that the previous application said "married" and no agreement was provided, such as asking for a bunch of documents? Anything I will need to prepare before I submit the application? Thanks, and really nervous...

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all
I am trying to answer this question for an online submission; "During your 5-year eligibility period, did you have a valid temporary resident status(opens in new tab) before becoming a permanent resident?"

Should i only include the dates since 2018 then? I was a student in 2014-mid 2018. If I only report the 2018, it seems that I was just a student for few months. Will this be ok, or should I report the whole duration?

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all
For online application, RE Physical presence, it seems that the system generates. Should I also upload the PDF version for physical presence?

liverpooligan

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
In the 'Work and school' section, does the applicant have to provide information if he visited a particular country for 1 month which was not his home country? If yes, if he stayed at multiple hotels, resorts, relatives' homes, etc., in different cities within the same country, does he have to provide the address of each individual place of stay? Also, for this period of vacation, does he have mention 'unemployed' as 'activity' or 'visitor'?

salral

Mar 17, 2016
Hi, I need help filing my citizenship application online.

Addressed: List all addresses inside and outside of Canada during your entire 5-year eligibility period.
Should I enter the address based on my travel dates? For example, I travelled to Pakistan three times during my stay in Canada. But both Canada and Pakistan addresses were same. Now, should I enter each trip, like three entries for Pakistan with same address but different dates. Similarly, multiple entries for Canada with same address but different dates?

Also, I travelled a lot from Pakistan to China (work related) before getting PR. So, should I enter each trip with dates to cover my 5 years prior to my PR.

Thanks in advance for your help.

deep344

Dec 8, 2018
Hi All, apart from the documents which is mentioned in Canadian website for citizenship shall i send any other extra document/s for paper based application?Pls suggest

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
In the 'Work and school' section, does the applicant have to provide information if he visited a particular country for 1 month which was not his home country? If yes, if he stayed at multiple hotels, resorts, relatives' homes, etc., in different cities within the same country, does he have to provide the address of each individual place of stay? Also, for this period of vacation, does he have mention 'unemployed' as 'activity' or 'visitor'?
You don’t need to state address when you are on vacation and stay at family and friends and hotels. Looks at instructions it’s clearly stated

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all,
How much is the application fee for citizenship for adults? Also, not sure how to pay the fee online, is the portal seperate?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All, apart from the documents which is mentioned in Canadian website for citizenship shall i send any other extra document/s for paper based application?Pls suggest
If you require to elaborate further on the answers about specific question in the application form in more detail, I would suggest you to create a letter of explanation e.g.
- Gaps between your old and current passports
- Gaps in between your employment
- Immigration and citizenship statues

Last edited:

liverpooligan

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
You don’t need to state address when you are on vacation and stay at family and friends and hotels. Looks at instructions it’s clearly stated
In the instructions for RESIDENCE & TAX, it says clearly that vacation addresses need not be mentioned. However, for the WORK & SCHOOL section, the instructions from IRCC are not clear. Here's the link to the IRCC Citizenship Guide. Go to 'question 11', you'll notice that there is no mention of vacation period.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
In the instructions for RESIDENCE & TAX, it says clearly that vacation addresses need not be mentioned. However, for the WORK & SCHOOL section, the instructions from IRCC are not clear. Here's the link to the IRCC Citizenship Guide. Go to 'question 11', you'll notice that there is no mention of vacation period.

My apologies, may be i confused it with Question 10

Write all your addresses inside and outside of Canada during your 5-year eligibility period, including the postal codes, starting with your current home address. If you were residing, working or studying outside Canada, you must list all of your foreign addresses, including the country postal or mailing codes. Press the plus (+) button if you need more space. You don’t need to include addresses of family, friends, hotels or resorts where you stayed while on vacation.