gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All

Couple of questions for minor application

a) City of birth- As per passport it says California and as per Birth Certificate it states San Jose, California what is the correct way to respond this query. I think i will go with how its mentioned on passport and add LOE

b) Question 7 parent name- For mother name we need to include surname before marriage which we did. Then it asks other names used should we state full name with surname after marriage as well

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
So I will be applying for citizenship next month (March 2023).
4 year history - Dates back to March 2019.

I was in India from Feb 2020 to Jan 2021. Now India was not my origin country before I became PR. I became PR in feb 2019. I was based in Singapore at that time. But at the time of PR application I have submitted India PCC as well. I am an Indian citizen.

so I am not sure if I need PCC from India again or not for citizenship application?
Anyone?

SLDavid

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to share something really weird.

My date for Oath of Citizenship was Feb 20th, and then I had a ghost update, and it got moved to March 13th.

Has this happened to anyone before?
I got in touch with ircc and they said that the dates can change anytime.

success12345

May 7, 2015
- I currently have a valid passport
- My previous passport(s) were stolen in 2019 and this period falls under my 5 year eligibility period.
- I have copies of the stolen passports which were made before 2018.
- I travelled to the USA in 2018 so this trip's entry/exit stamp isn't available in the passport copy mentioned above.
- Even the entry stamp of my first time Canadian entry is not available in the passport copy mentioned above.

- Should I attach the copy of stolen passports in Question 14th and provide explanation in LoE?

OR

- I shouldn't attach the copy of stolen passports in Question 14th and provide explanation in LoE?

Thanks!

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All

a) City of birth- As per passport it says California and as per Birth Certificate it states San Jose, California what is the correct way to respond this query. I think i will go with how its mentioned on passport and add LOE

b) Question 7 parent name- For mother name we need to include surname before marriage which we did. Then it asks other names used should we state full name with surname after marriage as well
can anyone on forum help with above questions

success12345

May 7, 2015
- I am yet to file Income Tax for the assessment year 2022.
- Online form asks if you filed taxes for 2022 and upon choosing No, it prompts with a sub-question "Required to File" - "Yes/No"
- Any issues if I choose 'Yes" for "Required to File" and submit my application.

PGWWPP

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
- Online form asks if you filed taxes for 2022 and upon choosing No, it prompts with a sub-question "Required to File" - "Yes/No"
- Any issues if I choose 'Yes" for "Required to File" and submit my application.
Please choose Yes in Required to file. I did the same

Reactions: success12345

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
If you have not submitted Tax for 2022, then I would suggest to then say No and in the sub question "Required to File" you should say Yes, because your T5/T4PS/T4 would have already been generated for 2022.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All

City of Birth should be San Jose. California will be a state and not a city
For the Q7 my suggestion would be to mention the name as per the supporting document (e.g. Passport etc) that you will be providing

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
City of Birth should be San Jose. California will be a state and not a city
For the Q7 my suggestion would be to mention the name as per the supporting document (e.g. Passport etc) that you will be providing
Yes, that’s what I thought but it states say as per passport. May be I will include letter of explanation.

regarding name the application says for mother use surname before marriage and then asks any other name being used which is kind of confusing

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Yes, that’s what I thought but it states say as per passport. May be I will include letter of explanation.

regarding name the application says for mother use surname before marriage and then asks any other name being used which is kind of confusing
In Citizenship form does it explicitly asks Place of Birth as per Passport ?
In the paper application form for minor the question asks for: What is minor's place of birth with tab below fill in the City/Town and then Country/Territory

In my wife's case the surname wasn't changed post marriage. So we used her surname before marriage.

Last edited:

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
In Citizenship form does it explicitly asks Place of Birth as per Passport ?
In the paper application form for minor the question asks for: What is minor's place of birth with tab below fill in the City/Town and then Country/Territory

In my wife's case the surname wasn't changed post marriage. So we used her surname before marriage.
ok, for place of birth yes I saw either On form or in faq on cic it should be as per passport, so I was confused. But anyways I will add LOE

in my wife case it got changed but again we have evidence like passport and copy of marriage certificate, I believe I will cover all in one letter of explanation referencing question

thanks for the response