+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
More details required!

Are you eligible for citizenship considering only the P R period? Was the temporary worker before the PR? In that case, yes you can exclude from your calculations but you do need to report your whereabouts in citizenship application over past five years and birth
Thank you for the response.

So the days won't be counted!

jm90

Jan 10, 2019
Hi all,

I am eligible to apply for citizenship now, but question.

My police certificate from the US isn't coming because I didn't pay 10 extra dollars to CanadaPost for tracking. Now we don't know where my fingerprints are, they might be stuck at customs or something.

Would you suggest I fill the citizenship application now with no police certificate and in 1 month, attach the Police certificate to the application?

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hi all,

My police certificate from the US isn't coming because I didn't pay 10 extra dollars to CanadaPost for tracking. Now we don't know where my fingerprints are, they might be stuck at customs or something.

Would you suggest I fill the citizenship application now with no police certificate and in 1 month, attach the Police certificate to the application?
They might return the application due to lack of documentation. I’ll advise you to wait. If they have posted you should get it in couple of days.
Keep the application ready and in draft so you can submit the day you get the PCC

bbmoi

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
Hi all,

I did not pay for tracking last July for a shipment to the US, Canada post never delivered the package up till now. No explanations given other than we can't do at thing since you don't have a tracking #! It is terrible! Reorder if you can and ship with tracking.

jt80

Sep 11, 2022
Hello all, apologies for this silly question. I am trying to calculate my physical presence. When I use the calculator online, it asks this Did you have Canadian temporary resident status (i.e. as a visitor, student, etc) between 2017-03-07 and 2019-01-21 ?,

what should be my answer ?
I have a valid Canada visitors visa from March 2016 until August 2022. However, I was never in Canada between the dates 2017-03-17 to 2019-01-21. So I should answer No correct ? because if I answer yes it asks me the dates.
I have the same question and wondering you @itzparth managed to get an answer

itzparth

Mar 29, 2018
I have the same question and wondering you @itzparth managed to get an answer
I must admit, I do not recollect the absolute answer to that. I *think* I went ahead with No. Although, upon checking my physical presence calculator , I do have those dates under the Absence section. Sorry about me not being able to give you a definite answer.

jt80

Sep 11, 2022
I must admit, I do not recollect the absolute answer to that. I *think* I went ahead with No. Although, upon checking my physical presence calculator , I do have those dates under the Absence section. Sorry about me not being able to give you a definite answer.
Ah I see, thanks for the feedback. I may do the same

Reactions: itzparth

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Hi Everyone.
I'm getting worried.
Applicant : single
Applied: online
Submitted: May 31st 2022
Days used in Canada: 1110 days
Application received: June 2nd 2022

Till now, I haven't gotten AOR. I can track with the status tracker and it says everything is in progress, but I'm worried that it's taken too long to get a response. I've gotten an email or 2. But they don't explicitly say 'acknowledgement'. It just says application is received. I'm unable to login with ECAs too.

I'm unsure if we still have the sheet where we update our info. But I'll like to be added there if we do. Thanks alot. Just needed to vent.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi Everyone.
I'm getting worried.

Till now, I haven't gotten AOR. I can track with the status tracker and it says everything is in progress, but I'm worried that it's taken too long to get a response. I've gotten an email or 2. But they don't explicitly say 'acknowledgement'. It just says application is received. I'm unable to login with ECAs too.

I'm unsure if we still have the sheet where we update our info. But I'll like to be added there if we do. Thanks alot. Just needed to vent.
If you can track your application online it means you already have received your AOR.

Reactions: Nono16

akmoolah

Nov 28, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys,

I have a question

I forgot to add a weekend trip(2 Days) to Seattle to my physical presence calculator. However, I am still eligible.

And I also put the bus ticket in the explanation letter however missed out these details in the calculator.

I then went ahead and submitted a webform with the new physical calculator. Do you guys think this could cause a problem with my application?

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hi Everyone.
I'm getting worried.

The application received email is AOR. Nothing else is sent. This is double confirmed since you can track your appl. You are able to track only after AOR. Basically at AOR is when your application is entered in system to process and next steps happen.

i think ecas is for paper appl only.

Reactions: Nono16

Eve2019

Sep 8, 2020
Hi there,

For this question: Q13: Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

Do I need to provide info about Visitor or Worker statuses that I had in the other countries in the last 5 years?
The form allows all those types and my husband says that he saw on Twitter (or somewhere else) that IRCC said yes, they want ALL statuses in there.

Apologies if this question was already answered before!
HALP!

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hi there,

For this question: Q13: Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

Do I need to provide info about Visitor or Worker statuses that I had in the other countries in the last 5 years?
The form allows all those types and my husband says that he saw on Twitter (or somewhere else) that IRCC said yes, they want ALL statuses in there.

Apologies if this question was already answered before!
HALP!
Yes! Additional details are provided in the information sheet for the form. That should help.

just to make things worse, i think it’s beyond 5 years. Verify from the information sheet

Reactions: Eve2019