+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Hi for online application is the bio pages enough or do you need to upload all pages with stamps?
They will ask for passport pages in the process. Upload ALL pages. Make sure that you are not missing any pages of your passports.

Gujjar/00

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Manitoba Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2020
AOR Received.
September 02, 2021
Med's Request
September 02 medical passed initially but got a request for additional testing in a separate email
Med's Done....
Upfront medical on august 26, 2021
Hi folks, I had a question and would appreciate someone’s expert opinion on it.

I’m considering to pursue a career in a foreign country while I haven’t applied for my citizenship yet. I was wondering that would I still qualify for citizenship grant if I leave Canada after applying for citizenship and meeting the number of days spent in Canada threshold? Or do I have to stay in Canada until I get my citizenship approved?

Thanks in advance.

Gujjar/00

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Manitoba Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2020
AOR Received.
September 02, 2021
Med's Request
September 02 medical passed initially but got a request for additional testing in a separate email
Med's Done....

I’m considering to pursue a career in a foreign country while I haven’t applied for my citizenship yet. I was wondering that would I still qualify for citizenship grant if I leave Canada after applying for citizenship and meeting the number of days spent in Canada threshold? Or do I have to stay in Canada until I get my citizenship approved?

Thanks in advance.
Anyone?

Gujjar/00

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Manitoba Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2020
AOR Received.
September 02, 2021
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Also could anyone please share links to any WhatsApp groups pertaining to citizenship grant process. Thanks!

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019

Thanks in advance.
You can go ahead and leave Canada after you apply for Citizenship.

Reactions: Gujjar/00

Gujjar/00

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Manitoba Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2020
AOR Received.
September 02, 2021
Med's Request
Med's Done....
You can go ahead and leave Canada after you apply for Citizenship.
Thanks for replying.
You mean departure from Canada after applying for citizenship wouldn’t have any negative bearing on my application?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Thanks for replying.
You mean departure from Canada after applying for citizenship wouldn’t have any negative bearing on my application?
After submitting your application, nope.

Reactions: Gujjar/00

deepti_k1

Mar 10, 2016
Hello Friends,
I am planning to apply for citizenship in Nov. I did land in Canada as PR in April 2019 and then stayed only till the beginning of July 2019 in Canada. Then I went back to my home country India and was in India July, Aug, Sep then in US for visit in October and Nov beginning then back in India Nov Dec Jan and flew back to Canada in beginning Feb 2020. Do I need a Police certificate from India for my citizenship application.

I was 40 days in USA and 154 in India.

Also, i have filed taxes for 2 years since I started working. do I have to have taxes for 3 years? or submitting two records is fine.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hello Friends,
I am planning to apply for citizenship in Nov. I did land in Canada as PR in April 2019 and then stayed only till the beginning of July 2019 in Canada. Then I went back to my home country India and was in India July, Aug, Sep then in US for visit in October and Nov beginning then back in India Nov Dec Jan and flew back to Canada in beginning Feb 2020. Do I need a Police certificate from India for my citizenship application.

I was 40 days in USA and 154 in India.

Also, i have filed taxes for 2 years since I started working. do I have to have taxes for 3 years? or submitting two records is fine.
Both answers are pretty self explanatory if you go through the application and the guide once.

Refer to below link, Question 10b. I dont think you need a police clearance certificate.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Refer to the same link, Question 12, section Note

Note: The tax years are auto generated once you enter your eligibility period in question 9. Additionally, you need to complete this chart in full even if you didn’t live in Canada for part of your 5 year eligibility period.

deepti_k1

Mar 10, 2016
Both answers are pretty self explanatory if you go through the application and the guide once.

Refer to below link, Question 10b. I dont think you need a police clearance certificate.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Refer to the same link, Question 12, section Note

Note: The tax years are auto generated once you enter your eligibility period in question 9. Additionally, you need to complete this chart in full even if you didn’t live in Canada for part of your 5 year eligibility period.
Thank you Varun for your reply.
I started working in 2020. Hence first filed taxes in 2021 and then in 2022. I believe I can give these details. I don't have to wait till I do my taxes next year. I am good to submit this year for citizenship without PCC and additional 3rd-year taxes.

Reactions: Varunaimar

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi @rajkamalmohanram
This is the only part where I am not sure if I did it right.
On Question 14:
  • Document # => I only have passport, should I put the passport number in this column?
  • Country or territory of issue => I renewed my Philippine passport in PCG Vancouver, should I put Canada here instead?
  • Place of issue => on my passport, it says on my Philippine passport that the issuing authority is PCG Vancouver, should I put Vancouver here?
1. Yes
2. Philippines
3. PCG Vancouver

rzk0006

Mar 3, 2019
Hi before applying for citizenship do we need to get a police certificate from USA if someone lived there for an year there and then spend 3 years in Canada as PR? If so, how to obtain police certificate from USA? Please help me as I'm planning to apply for citizenship this month and came across this rule.

Xxsaraxx

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hello everyone,

Hope all are doing well. I have a question - I am going to apply for my pr renewal and citizenship soon. I was previously married then got divorced and my marital status in Canada would say divorced in CRA

However very recently I got married outside of canada, my husband is a British citizen and currently we are in a long distance relationship. My husband and I are currently okay with this setup as we are both working towards our career goals but I do plan on moving to the UK to join him in the future as he has filed settlement for me to join him.

My question is - does this piece of information matter to ircc, do I have to tell them of my new marriage and that I got married outside of canada when applying for pr renewal and citizenship? Or there is no need to inform?

My concern is if this new information will require me to do more paperwork of some sort or delay my pcr renewal/ citizenship application in anyway. I obv don’t want any eyebrows raised when my application is under review. As we are both currently living our independent lives I just think it is unnecessary to inform. Should I speak to my representative?

Please advise
Thank you

Last edited:

Gujjar/00

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Manitoba Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2020
AOR Received.
September 02, 2021
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Hello everyone,

Hope all are doing well. I have a question - I am going to apply for my pr renewal and citizenship soon. I was previously married then got divorced and my marital status in Canada would say divorced in CRA

However very recently I got married outside of canada, my husband is a British citizen and currently we are in a long distance relationship. My husband and I are currently okay with this setup as we are both working towards our career goals but I do plan on moving to the UK to join him in the future as he has filed settlement for me to join him.

My question is - does this piece of information matter to ircc, do I have to tell them of my new marriage and that I got married outside of canada when applying for pr renewal and citizenship? Or there is no need to inform?

My concern is if this new information will require me to do more paperwork of some sort or delay my pcr renewal/ citizenship application in anyway. I obv don’t want any eyebrows raised when my application is under review. As we are both currently living our independent lives I just think it is unnecessary to inform. Should I speak to my representative?

Please advise
Thank you
I do not believe that disclosing your new relationship to ircc would cause any sort of delay in your PR renewal and applying for citizenship as long as you meet the criteria, in fact doing so would help your spouse to get PR in Canada on your behalf, though he doesn’t intend to at the moment. Also that if you do not disclose this information to ircc right now and later on decide to make arrangements for him to come over in Canada, it may become a misrepresentation issue.

Reactions: Xxsaraxx

abandla

Jan 5, 2021
Hi All,

I am filling my online Citizenship application and struck here:
1. Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?
Answer:
I have Entered my USA visitor Visa and Birth country details

2. Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?
Answer: I entered my Birth country passport details. Do I have to enter my temporary work permit details and USA visitor visa details here?

Thanks in Advance.