+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

stefan90

Aug 27, 2022
Hi @rajkamalmohanram
This is the only part where I am not sure if I did it right.
On Question 14:
  • Document # => I only have passport, should I put the passport number in this column?
  • Country or territory of issue => I renewed my Philippine passport in PCG Vancouver, should I put Canada here instead?
  • Place of issue => on my passport, it says on my Philippine passport that the issuing authority is PCG Vancouver, should I put Vancouver here?

SK79

Star Member
Aug 28, 2022
Hi. I am filling my citizenship application .I didn't work 2 years of 3 years in canada. I put homemaker, what should I write for employer name ? In this 2 years our home address changed for 4 times. Should I write separately for each address homemaker? Or just last address for that period? Thanks

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
I have a question about Question #14 as well. In my case, I did not have a valid passport or a travel document for the eligibility period. I have stated that mine was expired before the period and did not renew. Does this mean I don't have to send the passport (explanation is already given). I do have an expired passport that expired in 2014 (before eligibility period). I'm confirming so the application doesn't get returned for being incomplete.

Thanks

tkhera

Jan 10, 2019
Hi everyone
I had a question for 9(a): Enter the "To" date from the calculator. Your 5 year eligibility is From ------------- To ---------------

I am unable to enter the "From" date here and the pdf only allows to enter "To" date. Is that expected?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi everyone
I had a question for 9(a): Enter the "To" date from the calculator. Your 5 year eligibility is From ------------- To ---------------

I am unable to enter the "From" date here and the pdf only allows to enter "To" date. Is that expected?
Yes

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Guys, NEED URGENT ADVISE, more i read, more confused i get. Can application signature date of adult and child be different? Example: my application and physical presence calculator shows Aug 1 while my kid's application shows Aug 13. Is that ok?
I had the same issue. After multiple deliberations, i changed my application date to match my child's to avoid further complications. Anyway all you need a fresh copy of is a physical presence calculator after you have aligned the dates on the application.

skoduru0708

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hi Everybody,

I completed my 1095 days and have everything ready for applying in August: however, I am not sure about weather or not I should submit a police certificate.

it's mentioned on the application guide website that You must provide a police certificate for each country or territory where you have been present for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18) for
the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application

I couldn't find an example that matches my situation below.

my situation is, in the past 5 (Five) years i have been in my home country for about 200 days in a row AFTER becoming a PR. However, only 50 days of these 200 overlap with the past 4 (four) years time window. My question is: do i need to submit a police certificate because during the 50 days mentioned above I was already outside Canada for more than 183 days? OR I don't have to submit it because if l start counting from 4 years ago, I would be considered staying for only 50 days outside Canada?
to the best of my interpretation you do not need a police certificate from your home country as it is only 50 days in the qualifying previous 4 years

satrajit81

Nov 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-05-2020
Hello Group…
Had a question around the Police Certificate process. Can I resubmit the Police certificate that i got during PR processing again for thr citizenship? Since i didn’t travel outside Canada after that? Or do i need to get a brand new Police certificate clearance done?
PleSe help…thanks

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Hello Group…
Had a question around the Police Certificate process. Can I resubmit the Police certificate that i got during PR processing again for thr citizenship? Since i didn’t travel outside Canada after that? Or do i need to get a brand new Police certificate clearance done?
PleSe help…thanks
You need a new PCC. The certificate is only good for 6 months or maybe a year. You can submit your old IELTS score, for language proof.

Tan2022

Sep 4, 2022
Thank you so much for your help. I am having confusion regarding question 13- "Do you currently , or have ever held immigration or Citizenship status in a country......", could you please help.

Questions
1. Should I Include the duration I stayed in another country with a work permit?
2. Should I even add the visits to different country? They have an option " Visitor" in the drop down.
3. I have submitted the online application already without mentioning the above two...what is the best way to update? Will this affect my processing time?

DS1990

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi guys, the time to apply for citizenship is approaching .. I would like to know a couple of things that I don't understand. This link shows the application time:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

But there is two option .. Citizenship grant (26 months) and Citizenship certificate (17 months) which of these do I need? I think I apply for citizenship grant first .. and second for a citizenship certificate .. Correct? It is mean total processing time 26+17 mean 43 month?..

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Hi guys, the time to apply for citizenship is approaching .. I would like to know a couple of things that I don't understand. This link shows the application time:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

But there is two option .. Citizenship grant (26 months) and Citizenship certificate (17 months) which of these do I need? I think I apply for citizenship grant first .. and second for a citizenship certificate .. Correct? It is mean total processing time 26+17 mean 43 month?..
You have to apply for Citizenship grant. The processing time for application is 26 months.

meghalp

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
Hello Everyone, Today My wife gave her citizenship test and She got a pop-up message that your webcam is not recording, She clicked okay on the pop-up message and kicked out of the session, She logged in again within 1-2minutes, The time counter was running as normal, She reviewed answers and submitted.
She passed her test.
any one face same issue like this ?
Do they approve this result or she will have to give retest?
Any idea?