+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,
I didn't use paper clips. I just staple photos with one paper!
So, is it okay??
Usually, no one staples anything - especially photos. So, I am not sure.

The instructions in the IRCC instruction guide are pretty clear though.

Citizenship photos
  • include two (2) identical citizenship photos
  • print the Citizenship Photo Specifications page and take it to a photographer to make sure you get the correct size photo
  • don’t staple, glue or otherwise attach the photo directly to the application.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

If they remove the photo and there are holes in it, then they might ask for new ones OR return the application and ask you to resubmit it with proper photos. Not sure though.

Give it some time and let's see what happens.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Q13: Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?
  • The vast majority of us would have to answer 'Yes' to this question (unless you were stateless your whole life up until this point).
  • This includes country of birth so don't forget that.
  • Enter the country, status, date you obtained that status and if that status is current or expired.
I have a question regarding this question, if someone was born in British India in 1944 before the partition in 1947 and then lived in Pakistan until migration to Canada then what should be the answer to this question 13? because the person was born in British India in 1944 and migrated to newly born Pakistan in 1948.

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated as we are filling out the forms for citizenship. Thank you!

Aug 2, 2022
Hi,
We applied for citizenship ( family of three) on 15th July 2021 but did not get our AOR yet. Our application is delivered. Our PR card also needs an extension after five years in Feb 2023. What should we have to do in this situation

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
I hope you can clarify my Physical Presence question:
01-21-2018 to 04-30-2019 - student permit
01-21-2018 to 01-31-2019 - open work permit
01-14-2019 - Applied for Pgwp
06-20-2019 to 06-19-2020 - PGWP
06-02-2020 - PR start date

My question is, what will be the status I will choose when I use the Physical Presence calculator for the "gap" in my status while I was in implied status - 05-01-2019 to 06-19-2019?

Will I choose Temporary Worker or International Student?

I can provide the explanation in the letter about the implied status. I would just like to know which dropdown I will choose for the said gap.

Thanks for replying.
I would say a Temp worker, as your application was under processing and awaiting decision.

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi,
We applied for citizenship ( family of three) on 15th July 2021 but did not get our AOR yet. Our application is delivered. Our PR card also needs an extension after five years in Feb 2023. What should we have to do in this situation
Have you tried calling IRCC and talking to an agent. They had a backlog, but there are records with much less lag time.
I would verify the delivery address, just in case.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hi,
Gcms notes?

MohamedWalid

Oct 27, 2017
Hi Everybody,

I completed my 1095 days and have everything ready for applying in August: however, I am not sure about weather or not I should submit a police certificate.

it's mentioned on the application guide website that You must provide a police certificate for each country or territory where you have been present for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18) for
the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application

I couldn't find an example that matches my situation below.

my situation is, in the past 5 (Five) years i have been in my home country for about 200 days in a row AFTER becoming a PR. However, only 50 days of these 200 overlap with the past 4 (four) years time window. My question is: do i need to submit a police certificate because during the 50 days mentioned above I was already outside Canada for more than 183 days? OR I don't have to submit it because if l start counting from 4 years ago, I would be considered staying for only 50 days outside Canada?

prashantgupta8055

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Guys, NEED URGENT ADVISE, more i read, more confused i get. Can application signature date of adult and child be different? Example: my application and physical presence calculator shows Aug 1 while my kid's application shows Aug 13. Is that ok?

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
Hi guys

I am outside the Canada.

i received email for citizenship test to make it till 22nd of August

I am not sure when I am going to come back.

what will happen if I am invited to ceremony after test and can’t come?

how quick people usually invited after passed test?

thank you

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
Hi guys

I am outside the Canada.

thank you

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi guys

I am outside the Canada.

thank you
Congratulations on getting the test invite, if you are not sure when you will be back
Hi guys

I am outside the Canada.

thank you
congrats on your test invite.
You can request to have take the test outside Canada. There is no direct relation between the ceremony and the test dates, it all depends on the processing of your application. However, in case you received the invitation to the ceremony while you are outside, you can contact IRCC to reschedule your ceremony to an appropriate time.

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
What is the current processing time ? is it 1 year from the time we apply for citizenship due to backlogs?

jane66

Nov 7, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm about to apply for citizenship but I don't have my seized home passport back still. My RTD only covers the last 2 years. If I cannot provide my homeland passport will it be a problem? I saw there is a declaration form about that but I'm worried if it makes my process slower. TIA

skrba

Oct 3, 2018
I have a question regarding this question, if someone was born in British India in 1944 before the partition in 1947 and then lived in Pakistan until migration to Canada then what should be the answer to this question 13? because the person was born in British India in 1944 and migrated to newly born Pakistan in 1948.

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated as we are filling out the forms for citizenship. Thank you!
British India?!! sorry can't stop laughing