+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Did you submit your passport color photocopies of all pages at the time you sent in your application? Did you get a pp request letter and have to submit those pp color photocopies of all pages again? I go an email requesting color photocopies of all passport pages eventhough I submitted them in my application package. What is strange is that the request doesn't show up on the tracker even though the letter is legit.
I did not submit at the time of application (I should have). I received a request later in the process to submit PP pages.

Also, the tracker WILL NOT have any updates when you receive this letter. You are expected to respond by email and that's that. No updates will show up on the tracker for PP pages request.

Reactions: DMyrie

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019
I did not submit at the time of application (I should have). I received a request later in the process to submit PP pages.

Also, the tracker WILL NOT have any updates when you receive this letter. You are expected to respond by email and that's that. No updates will show up on the tracker for PP pages request.
I ended up sending the copies of the PPs again, just to be on the safe side.
Hopefully I should see all outstanding updated soon, and then oath.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020

When you say all passport pages, this includes the blank pages where there is no visa, stamp, or anything else?

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
yes, submit all passport pages.

It doesn't say online but refer to the checklist of paper application. They require all pages of passport for paper application, and online folks who did not submit all pages got a request later on.
When you say all passport pages, this includes the blank pages where there is no visa, stamp, or anything else?

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
I hope you can clarify my Physical Presence question:
01-21-2018 to 04-30-2019 - student permit
01-21-2018 to 01-31-2019 - open work permit
01-14-2019 - Applied for Pgwp
06-20-2019 to 06-19-2020 - PGWP
06-02-2020 - PR start date

My question is, what will be the status I will choose when I use the Physical Presence calculator for the "gap" in my status while I was in implied status - 05-01-2019 to 06-19-2019?

Will I choose Temporary Worker or International Student?

I can provide the explanation in the letter about the implied status. I would just like to know which dropdown I will choose for the said gap.

Thanks for replying.

skrba

Oct 3, 2018
Reposting as my earlier question was probably Missed on Jul 16, 2022

Hello Everyone,

I want to know if I change my address while my application is in progress in Canada what are the steps I need follow so that my address is always updated at CIC . I tried to online address change tool but it always resolved to an error page saying it can not find my application any one facing similar issue? I have got my AOR.

Thanks in Advance if any one could help me out.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
hi everyone, do you think there is any harm in providing police certificate even when you were not required to? After reading the forum, I realize I probably did not have to provide certificate for a certain country, but I provided it anyway. I believe there should not be problem with this, can anyone please confirm?

skrba

Oct 3, 2018
Can any one confirm if our application is in-progress can we go outside Canada? will it affect out application?

canadadude85

Jul 26, 2022
I am new here, so found this guide very helpful, thanks!

I had a single question: do any of the attached documents need to be verified by a notary? I am guessing not, but just to be safe.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
hi everyone, do you think there is any harm in providing police certificate even when you were not required to? After reading the forum, I realize I probably did not have to provide certificate for a certain country, but I provided it anyway. I believe there should not be problem with this, can anyone please confirm?
Can anyone confirm this?

Zulaikha

Nov 16, 2018
Visa Office......
LVO
File Transfer...
20-April-2018
Med's Request
20-March-2018
Med's Done....
28-March-2018
Passport Req..
08-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2019
LANDED..........
14-02-2019
PART - 5

Prepare and send your application package
  • Neatly arrange documents, section-wise. The following is my recommendation but feel free to suit yourself.
    • Have the document checklist as your first document
    • Place your photos in a small envelope, mark the envelope with "Photos" and attach this to the document checklist using paper clip.
    • Use paper clips to bind documents of a particular section together. For example, you would use a paperclip to hold all the biographical pages of passport. Likewise, you'll use another paper clip to hold your identification documents together.
    • Triple check that you have all the documents AND the contents of your application form - Have a friend or a family member verify this for you.
    • DO NOT STAPLE YOUR DOCUMENTS TOGETHER.
  • Your application package should contain the following (mandatory):
    • Document Checklist
    • Photos in a small envelope attached to the document checklist with paperclip
    • Citizenship application form, signed and dated
    • Physical presence calculator, signed and dated
    • Photocopies of biological pages of passport(s)/travel documents
    • Photocopy of identity documents
    • Photocopy of language proof
    • Fee receipt
  • Your application package might also contain the following (if it applies to you):
    • Letter of Explanation (if it applies to you)
    • Original Police certificates (if it applies to you)
    • Translations (if it applies to you) - Submit both original version of the document AND the translation
    • Other supporting documents, if they apply to you, as mentioned in the document checklist
  • I would recommend placing all the documents inside a transparent plastic folder before placing it inside an envelope.
  • If you are sending the application for you and your family, you can include all applications in a single envelope.
    • Note: If even one document is missing for one family member, the entire envelope will be returned back to the applicant.
If you are sending it via courier - Send it to:

If you are sending it by regular mail - Send it to:

Tip: Pre-Application and Application Phase
  1. DO NOT submit your application with exactly 1095 days.
    • In case you make a mistake, even inadvertently, your application will be refused AND you will NOT receive your processing fee back.
    • I strongly recommend having a buffer period of at least 2 - 3 months (1115 days minimum)
    • If IRCC has the slightest doubt about your residency, you might get additional documentation request which is a pain the rear.
    • More on this in the next section.
Hi,
I didn't use paper clips. I just staple photos with one paper!
So, is it okay??