+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello everyone. Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated so thanks in advance
I got my PR in 2021 as a refugee. So after getting PR nobody in the entire world told me about not travelling back home or renew home country passport. After getting PR i went back home thrice for a month each trip and had proper security there. I hired a security firm which gave me security for the full period of stay. I had to take care of my old mom as she had nobody there. Upon arrival to canada first 2 trips nobody asked me anything or told me. Upon arrival from third trip CBSA questioned me and told me they will put cessation. I already had applied for my citizenship. And already applied for my wife’s sponsorship (she resides my home country) my questions are below
1- i requested ATIP and my application status is on hold. What should i do?
2- does any cessation or on hold status affects my wife’s application?? Her medical is done a week ago.
3- i have business in dubai and italy where i have to travel frequently so now if i apply for RTD can i get it?? Because i dont want to use my home country passport anymore as i already did it due to lack of knowledge.
kindly help me in this regard. Thanks in advance.
The best thing to do is to get a lawyer.
There's obviously a risk you lose your PR since you may have reavailed yourself by going many times to your home country...
Also, have a look at this long thread, it should be informative : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refugee-status-cessation-and-prs-applying-for-citizenship.333455/

Cool2021

Jul 30, 2021
I have interview tomorrow, what documents i need to bring. The letter says I two piece of ID but not sure what other documents i need to bring. I did travel during my eligibility period and has stamps translated too and submitted a police certificate. And any other tips? Thanks

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@Cool2021 in addition to what you said, the originals of the documents you provided during the application like your passports or your proof of language.

sevenseconds77

Nov 25, 2015
hello guys!
can somebody advice - if you are 55 or older and you do not need to submit the proof of Language skills, what should you choose in the application Question 15a - Yes or No? I assume we can choose Yes and put in the comments Other explaining that I am 55 years of age at the moment of application...
thanks for support!

Hi - Did you get a reply to your question. I am in the same situation. I selected "Other" and explained I am 55 years old, however my online application was returned and I am being asked to provide a language proof that is acceptable.

Not sure if paper application is the right way to apply.

Any thoughts SME's

Thanks