+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

yellowbellow

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Does anyone know WHY we need to let IRCC know when we leave the country more than 3 weeks.. after we have submitted the citizenship application? Is it necessary to let them know? What are the repercussions?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Does anyone know WHY we need to let IRCC know when we leave the country more than 3 weeks.. after we have submitted the citizenship application? Is it necessary to let them know? What are the repercussions?
If your oath ceremony is pending it makes sense to inform them so that they don't schedule it during your absence.

yellowbellow

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
can someone tell me if I create an online application then do I need to submit also submit application form or physical presence form? I am submitting everything online in its portal anyway so what is the point?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
can someone tell me if I create an online application then do I need to submit also submit application form or physical presence form? I am submitting everything online in its portal anyway so what is the point?
You answered yourself. There is no point. These documents are for a paper application not an online one...

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
I am eligible to apply for citizenship and my wife got my PR through spousal PR and did not write IELTS. Her college document does not indicate medium of instruction as english and we are having a tough time getting that doc. Can you use the higher secondary education mark sheet(12'th std) from india. If anyone has used, please let us know.
Will not work it would need to state that the education was in medium of english. I had same process so only option left are 2 either try to get the Medium of Instruction or you would need to give the CELP test for citizenship it is 200$ and need to get 4 band.

anuatmail

Mar 29, 2020
Hi,

I applied for citizenship in first week of March and have a question on the Citizenship Test can we take the test from outside Canada.

Thanks,

Massi88

Jul 10, 2021
Hey, I will be submitting my application online soon. I am stuck in Q where asks about previous immigration and citizenship status anywhere other than Canada? What does this question require? Did you include your whole travel history?because one of the drop down menu options is visitor.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey, I will be submitting my application online soon. I am stuck in Q where asks about previous immigration and citizenship status anywhere other than Canada? What does this question require? Did you include your whole travel history?because one of the drop down menu options is visitor.
Some do all, some just citizenship and residency. I provided only citizenship and residency details.

bnacanadaus

Feb 8, 2024
Hi- I am a daily commuter (Windsor-Detroit) and have already applied for canadian citizenship (AOR 1st of Jan 2024, Test and Background completed, LPP-In Progress). I am being sent on a work assignment (in Ohio) which will require me to stay there during the work week and drive back to Windsor for weekend. I am thinking to move to US while still keeping my house in Windsor before the oath comes. I am still planning to visit Windsor during weekends maybe once or twice a month as I have some family members here in Windsor.
I am thinking to convert Ontario driving license to US driving license.
Would it be advisable to do that? Will IRCC ever ask for ID proof between now and before I get Canadian Passport where I can just show Ontario health card instead of Canadian driving license?

ThankYou!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi- I am a daily commuter (Windsor-Detroit) and have already applied for canadian citizenship (AOR 1st of Jan 2024, Test and Background completed, LPP-In Progress). I am being sent on a work assignment (in Ohio) which will require me to stay there during the work week and drive back to Windsor for weekend. I am thinking to move to US while still keeping my house in Windsor before the oath comes. I am still planning to visit Windsor during weekends maybe once or twice a month as I have some family members here in Windsor.
I am thinking to convert Ontario driving license to US driving license.
Would it be advisable to do that? Will IRCC ever ask for ID proof between now and before I get Canadian Passport where I can just show Ontario health card instead of Canadian driving license?

ThankYou!
They ask to show your id while doing Oath ceremony inside Canada. You can show any valid id that time . Also if you get oath , you should be in Canada to take it .

bnacanadaus

Feb 8, 2024
They ask to show your id while doing Oath ceremony inside Canada. You can show any valid id that time . Also if you get oath , you should be in Canada to take it .
Thanks for the response. Yes I will have Health Card to show as valid ID. Yes, I can be in Canada during the oath.

Hemotep000

Mar 20, 2024
Hi,
I've encountered several discussions where individuals discuss scanning all passport pages for the citizenship application. However, the online application specifically asks for only the bio pages, creating some confusion based on what I've read in different forums.
Is scanning all pages necessary for the online citizenship application? If so, should I translate the stamps that aren't in French or English? I have quite a few of them.

Harry9909

Mar 7, 2024
Hello everyone. Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated so thanks in advance
I got my PR in 2021 as a refugee. So after getting PR nobody in the entire world told me about not travelling back home or renew home country passport. After getting PR i went back home thrice for a month each trip and had proper security there. I hired a security firm which gave me security for the full period of stay. I had to take care of my old mom as she had nobody there. Upon arrival to canada first 2 trips nobody asked me anything or told me. Upon arrival from third trip CBSA questioned me and told me they will put cessation. I already had applied for my citizenship. And already applied for my wife’s sponsorship (she resides my home country) my questions are below
1- i requested ATIP and my application status is on hold. What should i do?
2- does any cessation or on hold status affects my wife’s application?? Her medical is done a week ago.
3- i have business in dubai and italy where i have to travel frequently so now if i apply for RTD can i get it?? Because i dont want to use my home country passport anymore as i already did it due to lack of knowledge.
kindly help me in this regard. Thanks in advance.