+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

draun16

Aug 14, 2017
I have submitted my Citizenship Application on March 2nd and received on March 6th.. Its been 6 months but I haven't received an AOR... I am tracking it with others and they have started getting it.. anyone here who are sailing in a same boat. !! (Living in Whitby, Ontario)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have submitted my Citizenship Application on March 2nd and received on March 6th.. Its been 6 months but I haven't received an AOR... I am tracking it with others and they have started getting it.. anyone here who are sailing in a same boat. !! (Living in Whitby, Ontario)
They started issuing AOR for March applicants a few days ago. You can expect yours soon.

Good luck.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What he/she is trying to say is :
For each passport write the issue and expiration date as it shows on your passport. Dot not worry if dates overlap. For example
Passport A : issue date 22/09/2011
Expiration date. 21/09/2016
Passport B: issue date 20/ 07/2016
Expiration date 19/07/2021
Most people renew their passport 6 months before expiration date, especially if you are applying for a visa.
Thanks for spelling it out for OP.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Dear Friends, I need your guidance.

I have applied for citizenship application as a family and applied for all 4 of us (Self, Spouse, and 2 kids) together and sent in one envelope with fee receipt for all 4 us . The application was reached Sydney on 12-July. I suddenly realized that on my spouse application after checking softcopy that didn't entered Tax years for Question 12 b. All i did is selected "Required to file" and "Tax filed" as "Yes". but left "Tax Year" as blank.

I have entered 12 a) by providing her SIN number and for question 12 c) answered "yes".

Please let me what should i do now.

jacky10

Mar 21, 2013
Hi Everyone..Thank you for this wonderful guide. Really appreciate.. Can someone please help regarding the CIT0002- Question 9b..My work permit was issue from 05-27-2015 and expired on 05-27-2018. I got my PR on 12-14-2017. What should I input in the Date your Status expires?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
You would have lost your WP status the day you completed your landing as PR so the expiry date will be the day you completed your landing as PR

nionhoq

Aug 6, 2017
Hello All,

Highly appreciate you all sharing information. I have completed IELTS on 2014 (expired) and my Masters degree here in Canada. In such case
1. Which one should i provide a copy of?IELTS result (7 out of 8) or Masters degree Certification
2. WHere do I indicate this English speaking certificate? on the application form. Can any one elaborate a bit more on Q15 ?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hello All,

Highly appreciate you all sharing information. I have completed IELTS on 2014 (expired) and my Masters degree here in Canada. In such case
1. Which one should i provide a copy of?IELTS result (7 out of 8) or Masters degree Certification
2. WHere do I indicate this English speaking certificate? on the application form. Can any one elaborate a bit more on Q15 ?
You can give any its accepted.
Nothing just tick the option that you are submitting proof of English language.

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Dear friends,
I would be grateful if you could share any related experiences to my question.
I’m preparing documents to submit for citizenship application, I’ve a question about question 11, job history. After I finished my PhD, I got post graduate work permit, and started post doc position. I applied for visa and travelled to my home country (before receding the visa result). The visa result got delayed. After one month the postdoc position got terminated, and continued working for the same research group of university remotely and sent them invoices. Three month later I was able to return to Canada, and continued the work for two extra weeks (I sent two invoices for this three and half period). And then I joined a company, which I’m still with after more than two years.

I’m assuming that three and half months period should be listed as self employed, right?. The payments I received from university are listed in a T4A. Should I name university in the employer column? For address, I’m guessing it should be my address in my home country ... the website says provide details if self employed, is this explanations enough? Any documents needed at this stage?

In tax return of that year, I had claimed it as self employment. I know information sending to CIC should match. I’m wondering what are the best inputs for the table in Q11, and if extra documents are needed or just explanation

Thank you

Last edited:

expressimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Dear friends,
I would be grateful if you could share any related experiences to my question.
I’m preparing documents to submit for citizenship application, I’ve a question about question 11, job history. After I finished my PhD, I got post graduate work permit, and started post doc position. I applied for visa and travelled to my home country (before receding the visa result). The visa result got delayed. After one month the postdoc position got terminated, and continued working for the same research group of university remotely and sent them invoices. Three month later I was able to return to Canada, and continued the work for two extra weeks (I sent two invoices for this three and half period). And then I joined a company, which I’m still with after more than two years.

I’m assuming that three and half months period should be listed as self employed, right?. The payments I received from university are listed in a T4A. Should I name university in the employer column? For address, I’m guessing it should be my address in my home country ... the website says provide details if self employed, is this explanations enough? Any documents needed at this stage?

Thank you
You are right. It should be self employment. Regarding the details of that self-employment. I would suggest explaining all these details in a "Letter of Explanation" to be attached with your application package

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
You are right. It should be self employment. Regarding the details of that self-employment. I would suggest explaining all these details in a "Letter of Explanation" to be attached with your application package
thank you for your insight. In the form, is it okay if I enter self employed in the first column, the university name in the second column which is for employer (although university is the client here) and my address in my home country as the address ?

expressimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
thank you for your insight. In the form, is it okay if I enter self employed in the first column, the university name in the second column which is for employer (although university is the client here) and my address in my home country as the address ?
I would suggest putting (client) after university name