+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Denied Because Of '' Purpose Of Visit ''. What Exactly Does This Mean?

SpaceTraveller

Nov 2, 2019
I've read a few posts online about users who say they've been rejected for a study permit. Some of them say the reason the Visa Officer gave them was because of '' employment history '', '' financial situation '' etc.

But what does it mean when an application is denied under the reason - '' I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada based on the purpose of your visit? ''

What exactly is the Visa officer targeting here when he/she lists out this reason? Does he/she think the course you have selected is not relevant to your background? Or is it because he/she think the course has no value? What are the most common reasons as to why a visa officer would say this?

The sentence itself strikes me as odd. If an applicant is applying for a study permit because they've been accepted into a course, isn't the purpose technically to study? I don't understand.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It means that the visa officer does not believe that the purpose of your application to visit Canada, such as study (or tourism or business) is your genuine purpose of visit and that instead you intend to remain in Canada beyond a visit.

Reactions: SpaceTraveller

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Those reasons are just generic checklist the officer has to pick, a more detailed explanation is usually included in the caips notes which you need to order.

Reactions: SpaceTraveller

SpaceTraveller

Nov 2, 2019
It means that the visa officer does not believe that the purpose of your application to visit Canada, such as study (or tourism or business) is your genuine purpose of visit and that instead you intend to remain in Canada beyond a visit.
Well what could be some of the specific possible reasons for the VO saying that? I can't apply for CAIPS because that would take too long. But what are some common reasons?

SpaceTraveller

Nov 2, 2019
you replied after 6 days? :O

anyway you already made multiple threads. and did you try other countries cause i cant remember? if not, why? if yes, hows the applications going?
Nah haven't tried other countries. Is it common to apply to multiple countries at the same time?