+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Currently in Process - Out of Country for 15 Days in May

Oct 18, 2017
Hi all,

I hope this isn't a silly question but I want to make sure I do not make any mistakes during the citizenship process. Both me and my wife have an application currently in process as of 12th of January. We have vacation planned from May 25th to June 9th out of country (15 days). These dates cannot really be moved as we are bringing our son home for his baptism.

Question 1: Does this trip meet the criteria of "planning to leave Canada for more than two weeks in a row? i.e. should I contact the CIC?

Question 2: If not required to contact them, I still an additional question about rescheduling the test or oath. I am estimating that the whole process will be complete by end of April but seeing as there is not much information since the new regulations came in, I'm concerned that my Test or Oath might fall within these dates. Is there an option in the letters provided by the CIC to reschedule the Test or Oath if they do fall within these dates?

I would really appreciate some advice.

Kind Regards,
Phil

George1978

Feb 1, 2015
Most of the case they give enough time before the test date.Most of the time they update on line at least before 2 weeks.So no need to worry.You can even check the status on line when you are on vacation.By any chance if your test date falls in your vacation date then you might have to fly back immediately or contact CIC. Still you will get enough time to do that.

If you don't contact CIC then they will automatically reschedule the test date one time.Second time only if you don't show up and don't contact them then they will treat your application as abandoned. So no worry.

I went for a 3 weeks vacation after applying.But I didn't contact them.15 Days not a big deal.
I got the oath date on the same day of my test. For oath date the lady who interviewed me asked whether I am comfortable with the date.After my confirmation only she fixed the date.Not sure about what will happen in your case.But they are always flexible.

Last edited: