10-06-2017
Med's Done....
10-07-2017
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-09-2017
Hi all,

This is my first post but I've been reading threads on this forum for a while and I haven't been able to find any recent thread on this topic, when the cancellation is purely due to CIC mistake (I apologise in advance if there is one).

My husband and I received our AOR on 10th June 2017 and had our medical passed on 10th of July.

On 14th July, CIC made a mistake on our application and cancelled it because police certificates for Italy were supposedly missing. The problem is that we don’t need police certificates for Italy because me and my husband only spent, respectively, 12 days and 2 days in Italy and it is clearly stated in our travel history.

We called CIC on the day of the cancellation and the agent confirmed that they made an error. She told us that she filed a request for re-evaluating the cancellation but we don’t know how long it is going to take and if our application will be reopened.

I wanted to know if anyone else had been in this situation (application cancelled based purely on CIC mistake/misreading) and whether their application had been reopened and how long it can take?

Also, as both my husband and I were requested a police certificate from Italy (but for two different periods), we suspect that there might be a computer problem related to Italy and we wanted to know if anyone else has had a problem with a short stay in Italy extended to a year by mistake?

Thank you for your help!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi all,

This is my first post but I've been reading threads on this forum for a while and I haven't been able to find any recent thread on this topic, when the cancellation is purely due to CIC mistake (I apologise in advance if there is one).

My husband and I received our AOR on 10th June 2017 and had our medical passed on 10th of July.

On 14th July, CIC made a mistake on our application and cancelled it because police certificates for Italy were supposedly missing. The problem is that we don’t need police certificates for Italy because me and my husband only spent, respectively, 12 days and 2 days in Italy and it is clearly stated in our travel history.

We called CIC on the day of the cancellation and the agent confirmed that they made an error. She told us that she filed a request for re-evaluating the cancellation but we don’t know how long it is going to take and if our application will be reopened.

I wanted to know if anyone else had been in this situation (application cancelled based purely on CIC mistake/misreading) and whether their application had been reopened and how long it can take?

Also, as both my husband and I were requested a police certificate from Italy (but for two different periods), we suspect that there might be a computer problem related to Italy and we wanted to know if anyone else has had a problem with a short stay in Italy extended to a year by mistake?

Thank you for your help!
Sorry to hear about your rejection. You did the right thing by contacting CIC about this. I'll suggest you to raise a Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) via the webform explaining everything.

There have been many cases where the application was cancelled due to a mistake by CIC and a lot of them were re-opened after raising the CSE. The time varies from a couple of weeks to a month or so.

Good luck!

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It happened to me. I called cic. After one month my application was reopened and I was asked to repay the fees since they had already been reimbursed.

Reactions: Sandhusarwar

ashkal

Dec 5, 2016
Hi Auriane, the same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, but with New Zealand instead. I rang, and sent a CSE with the police form for New Zealand (even though I did not spend over 6 months in the country, and it was not required). Hopefully both of our applications will be reopened!

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Hi Auriane....sorry to hear about your predicament....I hope that it gets resolved soon. Did you call the Call Centre Agent and inform him about this mistake ? If you did - I think you should keep following up by calling them and asking them for updates.....Its a mistake from their end and they need to address it as soon as possible.

Auriane

Jul 29, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Doc's Request.
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-06-2017
Med's Done....
10-07-2017
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-09-2017
Thank you for your replies. It is good to know that it is quite a common problem and it can be solved relatively quickly.

We are not sure about raising a separate Case Specific Enquiry because the CIC agent we had on the phone said that she raised an enquiry herself so we would not want to make things more complicated. We are going to keep calling every week or so to check how things are going.

We have also started a new application (following the advice of a second CIC agent we talked to) in case it would take too long to reopen the first application (but if it is usually reopened after one month, it is actually not that long) and we will close it if the first one is reopened.

Good luck with your application Ashkal, fingers crossed it will be reopened soon!

Auriane

Jul 29, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Doc's Request.
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-06-2017
Med's Done....
10-07-2017
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-09-2017
Hello everyone,

An update regarding our application that was cancelled by mistake: it has just been reopened!

After a month of waiting impatiently, we have finally received a notification email today (and a letter on our account) to say that CIC had reopened our application. The different status of the application (medical passed...etc.) are the same as they were before the application was cancelled. We just had to repay our processing fees (and fees for permanent residency) so the process can continue. (our fees were automatically refunded on the 1st of August)

I hope this update will give hope to all those whose application was also cancelled by mistake. Good luck!

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
I have had somewhat similar situation with my BOWP..

I have filed on 5th May, after a week it was vanished from my account ( money was never refunded ) and then I did it again on May 30th ...
On July 19th I got BOWP approved but surprisingly that was the vanished application ( no updates, no email alerts, I just got BOWP mailed to my mailing address).. later, my May 30th BOWP was cancelled after a month ( 15 days after I put a request to cancel my 2nd BOWP ).

Glad to know that it was reopened for you. These issues will be considered if we bring em to their notice asap.

Lollie

Jun 26, 2016
Hi all,

Thank you for your help!

Hi Auriane!a!

That same thing happened to me last week, I got a rejection letter and it was by a CIC Mistake, so I called 3 days ago to Immigration, the agent that took the call noticed the mistake and made a request to re-open my application. They didn't provide me any time frame at all, I wanted to ask you how did your process go after this happened? did you receive the PR? How long did it take for them to them see again your submitted documents?. Anyway, I would really appreciate if you could share with me how did everything worked out with a time frame. I was really worried and to know that someone else had already been there made me feel that there is still an opportunity. Thank you for sharing your case here!

If there is anyone else that had been there or is I would really appreciate if you guys can share it!

Thank you!
L.

Auriane

Jul 29, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Doc's Request.
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-06-2017
Med's Done....
10-07-2017
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-09-2017
Hi Auriane!a!

That same thing happened to me last week, I got a rejection letter and it was by a CIC Mistake, so I called 3 days ago to Immigration, the agent that took the call noticed the mistake and made a request to re-open my application. They didn't provide me any time frame at all, I wanted to ask you how did your process go after this happened? did you receive the PR? How long did it take for them to them see again your submitted documents?. Anyway, I would really appreciate if you could share with me how did everything worked out with a time frame. I was really worried and to know that someone else had already been there made me feel that there is still an opportunity. Thank you for sharing your case here!

If there is anyone else that had been there or is I would really appreciate if you guys can share it!

Thank you!
L.
Hi Lollie,

I am sorry to hear that the same happened to you. It took a month for us to have our application reopened (from 14 July to 15 August) and then we received our PPR on the 26th of August. Everything went well in the end and we are now in Ottawa! I understand how worried you must be but, hopefully, as the CIC agent has acknowledged the mistake, it shouldn't take long for your application to be reopened. Good luck!

Reactions: Lollie

Lollie

Jun 26, 2016
Hi Lollie,

I am sorry to hear that the same happened to you. It took a month for us to have our application reopened (from 14 July to 15 August) and then we received our PPR on the 26th of August. Everything went well in the end and we are now in Ottawa! I understand how worried you must be but, hopefully, as the CIC agent has acknowledged the mistake, it shouldn't take long for your application to be reopened. Good luck!
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! It means a lot. I'm happy to know that everything turned out amazing! I wanted to ask you as well (sorry about so many questions) but how did you find out your application was reopened? Did you receive an update on the application? Or was an email? And when you got the PPR how long do they give you to land in Canadian land? Did you have to go right away? Or did they give you a couple of months? Thank you again for your help!

Auriane

Jul 29, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Doc's Request.
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-06-2017
Med's Done....
10-07-2017
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-09-2017
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! It means a lot. I'm happy to know that everything turned out amazing! I wanted to ask you as well (sorry about so many questions) but how did you find out your application was reopened? Did you receive an update on the application? Or was an email? And when you got the PPR how long do they give you to land in Canadian land? Did you have to go right away? Or did they give you a couple of months? Thank you again for your help!
I am happy to answer any questions, I understand how stressful it can be to be waiting for COPR! We received a direct email from CIC to inform us that our application was reopened and then there was a letter on our online profile as well. From the point you receive PPR, you have one year from the date of your medical examination to enter the country. Something we didn't know from reading the forums is that you receive an email confirming that CIC granted you permanent residency (the PPR) but then you need to send 2 passport photos taken by a professional photographer (as well as a copy of your passport (or your passport depending on your country of origin)) to receive the physical copy of the confirmation of permanent residency (COPR) by mail so that can take a few more weeks (it took around 2,5 weeks for us).

I hope this helps!

Good luck with your application!

Reactions: Lollie

chemEmanju

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
I am happy to answer any questions, I understand how stressful it can be to be waiting for COPR! We received a direct email from CIC to inform us that our application was reopened and then there was a letter on our online profile as well. From the point you receive PPR, you have one year from the date of your medical examination to enter the country. Something we didn't know from reading the forums is that you receive an email confirming that CIC granted you permanent residency (the PPR) but then you need to send 2 passport photos taken by a professional photographer (as well as a copy of your passport (or your passport depending on your country of origin)) to receive the physical copy of the confirmation of permanent residency (COPR) by mail so that can take a few more weeks (it took around 2,5 weeks for us).

I hope this helps!

Can anyone please tell, what number I should call to ask them to reopen my file
My application was rejected stating I didn't include POF

i actually submitted the employment letter as the alternative for POF because CIC states

"
Note that you do not need proof of funds if you are currently:

since I was working in Canada and have a valid job offer, I submitted the pay stubs and a letter from my employer

someone please shed some light If i can able to talk to the CIC call centre agent and explain my situation

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Can anyone please tell, what number I should call to ask them to reopen my file
My application was rejected stating I didn't include POF

i actually submitted the employment letter as the alternative for POF because CIC states

"
Note that you do not need proof of funds if you are currently:

since I was working in Canada and have a valid job offer, I submitted the pay stubs and a letter from my employer

someone please shed some light If i can able to talk to the CIC call centre agent and explain my situation
For purposes of Express Entry, not every job offer equates to a VALID job offer. (e.g. a valid job offer has to have a valid positive LMIA, unless it's an LMIA-exempt job). Are you sure your job offer met the requirements? See below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Offer of employment: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
If you have a job offer (offer of arranged employment), you need to update your Express Entry profile in your account with the :

Your job offer must:

• be in writing
  • not be from an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada
  • set out details of the job they’re offering you, such as:
    • your pay and deductions
    • your job duties
    • conditions of employment, like your hours of work
A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit.

Your job offer must also meet other criteria to be valid under the Express Entry program you qualify for below.
Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
    • not on a contract basis
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
Federal Skilled Trades workers
A valid job offer has to be:

• made by up to two employers
  • for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year
  • in a skilled trade occupation (jobs with 2011 NOC codes that start with 72, 73, 82, 92 as well as 632 and 633)
It also must be made:

• by employer(s) who have a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a skilled trade job a work permit that was issued based on a positive LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer(s) offered you a full-time job if you’re accepted as a permanent resident, in a job that is in the same three digit level of the NOC as your current job, for at least one year OR
  • you have a valid work permit for one of the listed skilled trade occupation and it’s exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for the employer(s) on your work permit who is making the offer and
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
Examples of a valid and non-valid job offer
In both examples, the LMIA supports the job offer as set out above, or is exempt from needing an LMIA.

Example 1
Two companies hire a heavy equipment operator. The LMIA lists both. Each employer is offering 16 hours of work per week for a minimum of one year.

This job offer is valid.

Example 2
A construction company offers a plumber a position for 25 hours per week. It’s on a non-contract basis.

This job offer isn’t valid. A job must be for at least 30 hours a week to be full -time.

Jobs exempt from needing an LMIA
There are only two reasons the employer making you the offer doesn’t need to get a new LMIA:

1. if you’re already working for them with a work permit based on that LMIA
  2. if you work in a job that doesn’t need an LMIA
Find out more about jobs that are exempt.

Your employer must get a new LMIA if:

• your work permit has expired
  • you’re working on an open work permit
  • you have a job offer from an employer not listed on your work permit
Can you do the job?
Our officers must be convinced that you will:

• be capable of doing the work you’re offered
  • likely qualify to be licensed or certified by the relevant regulatory body once you’re in Canada ( if the job is regulated in Canada)
Provinces and territories are responsible for designating professions and trades in their jurisdiction. Designation and certification requirements vary by province. Get more information on licensing and regulatory requirements for specific professions or contact the relevant body in the province/territory where you plan to live.

Lollie

Jun 26, 2016

I hope this helps!

Thank you again for your reply! I just got my application re-opened!! So hopefully I will be getting the PPR message soon!