+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application canceled as incomplete

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
This makes me curious. wouldn't transcript and completion letter be enough to prove that considering its Canadian education?
I totally agree! Like letter of completion and transcript clearly show that I completed my degree! I am very surprised that they rejected the application. I wish there is away to challenge this decision, because it seems to me as mistreatment.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I totally agree! Like letter of completion and transcript clearly show that I completed my degree! I am very surprised that they rejected the application. I wish there is away to challenge this decision, because it seems to me as mistreatment.
Hey if you want to try and appeal, then go ahead.
In any other situation in life, like applying for a job for instance, you would provide your degree certificate as proof of your education. Not your transcripts.
A degree certificate is a universal standard to show the completion of your higher education studies.

Good luck.

AUG2020

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
When an application is "cancelled as incomplete" IRCC will refund the entire fee paid within 2 weeks. So no point of requesting them to reopen the application, even if they did then you have to repay all fee again. This is a lengthy confusing process and 90% of time they will say no for reopening after 2-4 months.If you confident that you have sufficient score for next round of draw then a new application is a good option.

I am writing this based on my own experience. My CEC application was cancelled as incomplete beginning of this year due the missing valid passport copy. I requested them to reopen my application by sending Passport copy via a webform but they stood on their original decision and sent me the final confirmation 3.5 months from the AOR date saying that they can't reopen it.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Unfortunately proof of education is part of the mandatory documentation so if it´s missing IRCC will not reach out to the applicant to ask for it. They will do so only if they need additional documentation on top of the mandatory ones. I've heard of many cases cancelled because of this (missing diploma, missing police certificate, etc).

The degree certificate/diploma is mandatory, transcript is optional and does not replace the certificate/diploma:

Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
  • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
  • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s04

kgt

Feb 14, 2019
Hi there,

So I was super surprised to get a rejection letter for my CEC yesterday. I have really strong application, full time permanent employment and PhD from Canada. The reason of rejection as mentioned in CIC letter is:

"Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: Canadian Education Credential: o Proof of your completed Canadian credential (certificate, diploma or degree) was not provided with your application. This document is required based on the education details you provided in your Express Entry profile. The letter of explanation and the transcripts you have provided with your application have been reviewed, however, the documents provided do not overcome the requirement of providing a completed Canadian credential (certificate, diploma or degree). Applications submitted without proof of information provided in your Express Entry profile cannot be considered complete. "

I actually included my transcript and a letter of completion from my University. It seems the reason of rejection that I did not include the parchment itself.

Any suggestion, is there anyway to appeal the decision or ask them to reopen my application. It sounds unfair to completely reject an application for this reason without even asking for further documents if needed.
Hi!,
Really sorry to hear this, if you don’t mind may I know the timeline of your application? Your application AOR, medical pass date ,BIL and after how many days you got this mail ?

Reactions: dgeorge

paramvir3003

Mar 6, 2021
Hey Ziadpal,
Unfortunately, I am going through the same situation here currently. Could you please reply what next step did you take? Did you appeal the decision? It will be a great help if you can reply. Thanks.