+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application canceled as incomplete

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Hi there,

So I was super surprised to get a rejection letter for my CEC yesterday. I have really strong application, full time permanent employment and PhD from Canada. The reason of rejection as mentioned in CIC letter is:

"Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: Canadian Education Credential: o Proof of your completed Canadian credential (certificate, diploma or degree) was not provided with your application. This document is required based on the education details you provided in your Express Entry profile. The letter of explanation and the transcripts you have provided with your application have been reviewed, however, the documents provided do not overcome the requirement of providing a completed Canadian credential (certificate, diploma or degree). Applications submitted without proof of information provided in your Express Entry profile cannot be considered complete. "

I actually included my transcript and a letter of completion from my University. It seems the reason of rejection that I did not include the parchment itself.

Any suggestion, is there anyway to appeal the decision or ask them to reopen my application. It sounds unfair to completely reject an application for this reason without even asking for further documents if needed.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
You can send them a Web form with the docs and request to reopen. Or contact your local MP and request their help.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Generally you need to have your degree certificate to be able to claim a qualification.

It sucks but it's how it works, i don't think any appeal will help unless you have the degree certificate to submit.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZiadPal

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
You can send them a Web form with the docs and request to reopen. Or contact your local MP and request their help.
Yes, I can send a web form with my diploma and request to reopen my account, do you think they will reopen it if I do send it? also what do you mean by MP?

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Generally you need to have you degree certificate to be able to claim a qualification.

It sucks but it's how it works, i don't think any appeal will help unless you have the degree certificate to submit.
It truly sucks! So I do have my degree certificate in hand. Do you think sending it by web form will be enough that they reopen my account?

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
It truly sucks! So I do have my degree certificate in hand. Do you think sending it by web form will be enough that they reopen my account?
Why did you not submit it if you had it? MP means member of parliament. Give it a try they might re open

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi there,

So I was super surprised to get a rejection letter for my CEC yesterday. I have really strong application, full time permanent employment and PhD from Canada. The reason of rejection as mentioned in CIC letter is:

"Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: Canadian Education Credential: o Proof of your completed Canadian credential (certificate, diploma or degree) was not provided with your application. This document is required based on the education details you provided in your Express Entry profile. The letter of explanation and the transcripts you have provided with your application have been reviewed, however, the documents provided do not overcome the requirement of providing a completed Canadian credential (certificate, diploma or degree). Applications submitted without proof of information provided in your Express Entry profile cannot be considered complete. "

I actually included my transcript and a letter of completion from my University. It seems the reason of rejection that I did not include the parchment itself.

Any suggestion, is there anyway to appeal the decision or ask them to reopen my application. It sounds unfair to completely reject an application for this reason without even asking for further documents if needed.
Hi, sad to hear the rejection. When is your AOR? Were you able to get med passed and BIL prior to rejection?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Give it a shot because it's worth a try but usually they will not reopen your application. But because it's just one document you never know.

I would gear up to re-enter the pool and resubmit though.

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Hi, sad to hear the rejection. When is your AOR? Were you able to get med passed and BIL prior to rejection?
Yes, everything was in my application. Everything was perfect except that I thought the transcript would be enough. It was an oversight not to include the diploma! What is AOR?

ZiadPal

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Doubt they will reopen. You had the degree certificate, why did you not include it in the first place?
It was an oversight indeed. I heard that they usually ask for extra documents if they need, I was surprised that they just reject right away!

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Yes, everything was in my application. Everything was perfect except that I thought the transcript would be enough. It was an oversight not to include the diploma! What is AOR?
AOR means Acknowledgement of receipt. This is automatically generated when you submit all the document to IRCC after the ITA. You will find it in your IRCC account as a message.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
It was an oversight indeed. I heard that they usually ask for extra documents if they need, I was surprised that they just reject right away!
For next time, if it helps:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Proof of studies
Purpose
To confirm education claims and validate that the applicant meets program requirements
Document requirements
  • To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
    • provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or
    • obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed (here meaning the degree certificate or diploma awarded by your institution)

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
This makes me curious. wouldn't transcript and completion letter be enough to prove that considering its Canadian education?
The CIC letter the original poster received clearly states that
"the documents provided do not overcome the requirement of providing a completed Canadian credential (certificate, diploma or degree)"

So evidently, they need the degree certificate regardless of the fact that it was earned and obtained in Canada.