+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants waiting for more than 2 years interested in Mandamus with a firm as a group meet here !!!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Finally received my oath invitation today :D

Jan 5, 2022 Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.
Jan 19, 2022 citizenship ceremony.

Call your Lawyer asap, start with the demand letter and Good Luck Everyone!!
Congratulations. Quick update after DM.

Reactions: bluesami

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Finally received my oath invitation today :D

Jan 5, 2022 Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.
Jan 19, 2022 citizenship ceremony.

Call your Lawyer asap, start with the demand letter and Good Luck Everyone!!
Happy for you my friend!

Reactions: bluesami

FauFau

Nov 23, 2016
Hi, yes it if for my PR application. First stage is a Writ of Mandamus. You have to meet the criteria to apply which is pretty straight forward. Costs around $1500. The Supreme court tries to put pressure on IRCC to finalise the application but IRCC are under no obligation to do so, like in my case they denied to look at my file. Second stage is you Perfect the mandamus and the lawyer makes a case on how it has affected your family etc...and IRCC have made no contact. This is in more detail and costs around $3500 plus. If nothing happens here then you can take them to a hearing and they have to give you a decision within 30 days. Another $2000 plus. Only start the mandamus if you are prepared to go all the way that is my advice. Some people get the result on the first stage but I didn't.
hi i am also PR applicant considering mandamus. Do you mind sharing which lawyer you used. and also did u apply for pnp or cec?

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A writ of mandamus begins with a well-written, persuasive demand letter that encourages the IRCC to investigate an application yet to be processed.

You are giong to receive a response from IRCC during 30 days.

In most cases they make decision for your application in day 30. Otherwise you will start the Mandamus Application with the Federal Court.

Lawyer fees : $1000 CAD
Does it matter the status of your application? Like if they still trying to determine days in Canada. I suspect my case is sitting on a shelf somewhere as I travelled a lot for work when first came to Canada and had lots of entry exits to document. My timeline in signature.

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Does it matter the status of your application? Like if they still trying to determine days in Canada. I suspect my case is sitting on a shelf somewhere as I travelled a lot for work when first came to Canada and had lots of entry exits to document. My timeline in signature.
Start the mandamus bro, my application was sitting on the shlef as well.

Jan 11, 2022
Hi everyone! I've seen that my firm's website has been shared in this thread, as we've had success with assisting clients with mandamus applications. Please note that due to COVID-19, we are working from home, and so I encourage you to email me at naseem@mwlawgroup.ca rather then leave a voice mail message at the firm. I'd be happy to see if I can help resolve some of these horrible delays.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Is it worth trying with a demand letter when you applied in 2019?
Three years seems to be the good spot for mandamus applications.

Routine application. Stuck with DM since June 2021. Being told that oath ceremonies are being scheduled first in first out basis which does not seem true as many people who got DM in Oct/Nov 2021 and some even in Dec 2021 already have oath dates.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Is it worth trying with a demand letter when you applied in 2019?
Three years seems to be the good spot for mandamus applications.

Routine application. Stuck with DM since June 2021. Being told that oath ceremonies are being scheduled first in first out basis which does not seem true as many people who got DM in Oct/Nov 2021 and some even in Dec 2021 already have oath dates.
IRCC thinks we don't have access to such information. If you told them this, they would follow the first lie with another lie, that the info you have is "unreliable". What's your office?

Reactions: Svet81

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
IRCC thinks we don't have access to such information. If you told them this, they would follow the first lie with another lie, that the info you have is "unreliable". What's your office?
I got this information from the officer (the signature in the email said it came from an officer) so I am not sure how they will call this unreliable.

Mississauga office,

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
IRCC achievements are all over the news, be it any visa category!

Reactions: CaBeaver