+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants waiting for more than 2 years interested in Mandamus with a firm as a group meet here !!!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Got to know about this lawyer's information from this forum sometime ago:
Erin Roth http://www.edelmann.ca

Reactions: DejavuCA

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I suggest SSLAW in Calgary as well. A bit of background, a number of inland PR applicants waited for a long time for their PR and everyone we were approaching IRCC the answer was wait until the security screening completed. Finally, a group of around 20 went with this firm and 100% of us got pass request after 1-2 months without any hearing. First the lawyer send an email to IRCC and request for a response in 30 days and obviously IRCC did not respond and then after the 30 days, the lawyer filed for mandamus which gives IRCC three weeks to respond back at each stage. All the group got PPt in the second or third stage. So I highly recommend reaching out to this firm. At that time they gave a very good discount compared to other firms. Also, one if the partners recently interviewed with cbc about the delays. https://www.sshlaw.ca/

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I suggest SSLAW in Calgary as well. A bit of background, a number of inland PR applicants waited for a long time for their PR and everyone we were approaching IRCC the answer was wait until the security screening completed. Finally, a group of around 20 went with this firm and 100% of us got pass request after 1-2 months without any hearing. First the lawyer send an email to IRCC and request for a response in 30 days and obviously IRCC did not respond and then after the 30 days, the lawyer filed for mandamus which gives IRCC three weeks to respond back at each stage. All the group got PPt in the second or third stage. So I highly recommend reaching out to this firm. At that time they gave a very good discount compared to other firms. Also, one if the partners recently interviewed with cbc about the delays. https://www.sshlaw.ca/
how much they charge for mandamus ?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
how much they charge for mandamus ?
It really depends on the stage you get the response and the group number. you will pay a retainer amount stage by stage. The email to case management branch usually cost 500-700, mandamus filing and the first statement of response to IRCC response to the court: around 2k. Usually you should see a movement after this stage as IRCC does not want to spend time and money on 20 routine applications. If the case goes to hearing then it will cst more. I suggest reach out to them to see how much does it cost for a group. Mandamus should be filed individually but if they know 20 people will apply give a discount. Another suggestion to discuss, is a possibility of a class action lawsuit regrading the unfair process of applications, no souring system, no clarity, etc. I suggest reach out to them by email and see what’s the best/cheap option.

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
The Court itself noted that ordering IRCC to process an application in a set time was “extraordinary.”

Other people who have been waiting a long time may wonder if they can obtain a similar order. Each case is different, though. It remains to be seen whether the Court will make a similar ruling in other situations.
The applicants had family members involved with a radical Islamist group and IRCC told the court the need for a thorough security review made the delay reasonable. Imagine if applicants with ties to potential terrorist organizations can get a court to order IRCC to process their application in a set time, those whose applications are considered routine and even those who are non-routine due to issues like residency and who have been waiting 2+ years should logically be able to do so as well.

Last edited:

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
The applicants had family members involved with a radical Islamist group and IRCC told the court the need for a thorough security review made the delay reasonable. Imagine if applicants with ties to potential terrorist organizations can get a court to order IRCC to process their application in a set time, those whose applications are considered routine and even those who are non-routine due to issues like residency and who have been waiting 2+ years should logically be able to do so as well.
I dont know about ties to any organization but if you do not meet the residency requirements do you have to wait 3 years to be refused or ur app to be returned? Do you think IRCC works with logic? Their logic gates are shorted.

Reactions: rubz9911