+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants waiting for more than 2 years interested in Mandamus with a firm as a group meet here !!!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
th

thanks for the inputs. another question, does "Mandamus" applies also to outland applicants or just for inland applicants?
I am not sure what sort of application you are asking about.

This thread, this part of the forum, is about applications for citizenship.

Applications for a Writ of Mandamus are, of course, made in many other contexts, and not just in regards to immigration.

Access to judicial review of IRCC decisions (including applications for a Writ of Mandamus) depend on the particular application and the law governing that application.

So, in addition to the fact I am NO expert, I cannot say what access to judicial review is available, or not, for the kind of application you are asking about. Sorry.

EduSi

Jun 1, 2020
I am not sure what sort of application you are asking about.

This thread, this part of the forum, is about applications for citizenship.

Applications for a Writ of Mandamus are, of course, made in many other contexts, and not just in regards to immigration.

Access to judicial review of IRCC decisions (including applications for a Writ of Mandamus) depend on the particular application and the law governing that application.

So, in addition to the fact I am NO expert, I cannot say what access to judicial review is available, or not, for the kind of application you are asking about. Sorry.
aww I am sorry. I am in the wrong group. I am talking about the PR applications that, in my case are already on 30 months on the waiting. sorry.

G Singh1977

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
True. That's why I believe everyone whose case is routine and taking too long should give Mandamus a try because probably as you said 99% of these cases will be processed promptly once IRCC is notified of the filing.
True. That's why I believe everyone whose case is routine and taking too long should give Mandamus a try because probably as you said 99% of these cases will be processed promptly once IRCC is notified of the filing.
These are the cases that had a hearing and judge decision. Most routine applications that IRCC delays without any reason don’t reach any hearing and what happens IRCC expedite the applications (urgent processing). The reason for this is they don’t want to spend time and money in court for routine applications. What happened in the 2nd and 3rd stage of the mandamus before hearing your case starts to move and once you get DM you simply widthraw your case. So no hearing will happen and these cases will be removed from the court archives as no hearing and no judge decision is needed. Only complex cases goes for hearing which you listed. The bottom line you won’t find those routine records in the archive which they are thousands. So just find an experienced lawyer and trust them.
Hi, great explanation. I am from the UK and I have been waiting now for 15 months and have started the mandamus process. On the first stage IRCC refused to accept the proposal to look at it within 30-60 days and now I have started the second process. Once we have perfected it it should be with them this week. I believe the third stage is the hearing as my Canada lawyer has told me. You mention that most normal cases won't get to a hearing, is that what you have been told or from experience? I am hoping mine will get resolved now but dont have much faith in IRCC and don't want to spend more money on going to a hearing?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi, great explanation. I am from the UK and I have been waiting now for 15 months and have started the mandamus process. On the first stage IRCC refused to accept the proposal to look at it within 30-60 days and now I have started the second process. Once we have perfected it it should be with them this week. I believe the third stage is the hearing as my Canada lawyer has told me. You mention that most normal cases won't get to a hearing, is that what you have been told or from experience? I am hoping mine will get resolved now but dont have much faith in IRCC and don't want to spend more money on going to a hearing?
Is this for your PR application?
Can you explain briefly on the stages(first, second and third) so some of us will know the process better?

G Singh1977

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Is this for your PR application?
Can you explain briefly on the stages(first, second and third) so some of us will know the process better?
Hi, yes it if for my PR application. First stage is a Writ of Mandamus. You have to meet the criteria to apply which is pretty straight forward. Costs around $1500. The Supreme court tries to put pressure on IRCC to finalise the application but IRCC are under no obligation to do so, like in my case they denied to look at my file. Second stage is you Perfect the mandamus and the lawyer makes a case on how it has affected your family etc...and IRCC have made no contact. This is in more detail and costs around $3500 plus. If nothing happens here then you can take them to a hearing and they have to give you a decision within 30 days. Another $2000 plus. Only start the mandamus if you are prepared to go all the way that is my advice. Some people get the result on the first stage but I didn't.

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Hi, yes it if for my PR application. First stage is a Writ of Mandamus. You have to meet the criteria to apply which is pretty straight forward. Costs around $1500. The Supreme court tries to put pressure on IRCC to finalise the application but IRCC are under no obligation to do so, like in my case they denied to look at my file. Second stage is you Perfect the mandamus and the lawyer makes a case on how it has affected your family etc...and IRCC have made no contact. This is in more detail and costs around $3500 plus. If nothing happens here then you can take them to a hearing and they have to give you a decision within 30 days. Another $2000 plus. Only start the mandamus if you are prepared to go all the way that is my advice. Some people get the result on the first stage but I didn't.
I believe the Mandamus duty owed might be different (anyone can correct me) for a PR already living in Canada and meeting the requirements for citizenship vs someone applying for PR outland. This thread is for Mandumus for PRs applying to be citizens.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Hi there, following your thread! Please keep us posted I might go for a lawer in a month or so!

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
What about the demand letter ? they have 30 days to respond !

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
I definitely vouch for her. She is undoubtedly the best immigration/litigation lawyer. She is known by her nickname "The Genie". Her skills are unmatched by any other lawyer around. For FC applications, go with her with your eyes closed.
@Fallen_Warrior which lawer you used to submit your writ of Mandamus? Could you inbox me their details! I’m also considering seriously going through that route ; though I’m sitting at 1.5 years since the submission.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I am also in Montreal,sent application in January 2020,DM in 29th April 2021,still waiting oath invitation.
Since April? That's 8 months! :eek: What's wrong with the Montreal office? Did you send any scathing webforms or complaints by any chance? I have a hypothesis that they delay those who have complained about them because they are sensitive babies.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I'm hitting one year and seven months. May 2020 applicant. Test done on Nov 12th.