+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants waiting for more than 2 years interested in Mandamus with a firm as a group meet here !!!

srusht

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Hi my citizenship application been 28 months, did the test on June do you think that I have to go for Mandamus?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi my citizenship application been 28 months, did the test on June do you think that I have to go for Mandamus?
Same boat. They said the 1st letter from a lawyer costs $800. Are you inside?

amerkhaled

Star Member
May 17, 2021
Why waist even 800 dollars.doesnt worth it.some people stay on pr card,no need for citizinship, only exception is voting but who cares

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Just sharing my experience with Abramovich & Tchern Immigration Lawyers

Our inland CEC PR application (inland) was stuck in limbo for nearly 3 years. So I decided to go for mandamus.
The firm just asked me few details about our application and subsequently submitted the mandamus.
In a matter of days, our app was looked into and was approved in exactly 30 days.

shubham_bohra94

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Just sharing my experience with Abramovich & Tchern Immigration Lawyers

Our inland CEC PR application (inland) was stuck in limbo for nearly 3 years. So I decided to go for mandamus.
The firm just asked me few details about our application and subsequently submitted the mandamus.
In a matter of days, our app was looked into and was approved in exactly 30 days.
How much did it cost and also did you do both stage? Or expedite option?

zubinsamq

Sep 27, 2022
Hi, any one active here still. I have crossed 2 years processing time for my citizenship application, still its not completed.
Please guide me on how to file Mandamus in group

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
How much did it cost and also did you do both stage? Or expedite option?
~CAD 1,800 for the 1st stage. Lawyer will submit the notice of application to the federal court. This step initiates your Application for Leave and Judicial Review (“ALJR”) at the Federal Court, seeking a writ of mandamus against IRCC.

IRCC will subsequently produce a letter indicating that your immigration application is still being processing and that there is no decision or reasons with respect to it (the “No Reasons Letter”). The issuance of the No Reasons Letter is a standard procedural step which my lawyer did not need to respond to.

You have 30 days from the receipt of the No Reasons Letter to perfect the ALJR by filing the Application Record. This is the 2nd stage and it is quite costly because they charge you by the hours they spent on this.
You just need to have faith with IRCC that they process or make a decision within 30 days after the notice of application is submitted.

We were just fortunate that IRCC approved our PR app in exactly 30 days. So we did not need to proceed with stage 2.
Hope this helps everyone who are going through the same horrible experience. Hang in there. I'm sure you'll get it sooner than you think.

Reactions: trumprefugee

srusht

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
After 2 years 6 months my file updated to interview with officer,
Do you have an idea what is this interview is about?, and when shall I expect the notice email for the interview, I appreciate if you can give me a hint.

Reactions: Dreamlad

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
20 plus years

It readily appears that waiting twenty years is enough to qualify for mandamus. See the May 2022 Federal Court decision in Sharafaldin v. Canada, 2022 FC 768, https://canlii.ca/t/jpgxw . . . Mr. Sharafaldin submitted an application for Canadian citizenship in 1999. Over twenty years later, as of May this year this application was still pending . . . but on May 27, 2022 a Federal Court finally ordered "the Minister shall promptly conclude Mr. Sharafaldin’s application for Canadian citizenship."

And, in that case, the FC justice also stated: "Nearly 15 years for the processing of a citizenship application is manifestly longer than the nature of the process required . . . "

Not sure one has to wait that long to have the government ordered to pay the applicant's attorney's fees, but at least in this case costs were awarded to Mr. Sharafaldin "in the lump sum, all-inclusive amount of $65,000." Apparently pursuing mandamus can get expensive, at least in some cases. For this order see Sharafaldin v. Canada, 2022 FC 997, https://canlii.ca/t/jqf7b

I suppose this is not the sort of case those who have been waiting two years are pleased to see.

• Wow
Reactions: trumprefugee

srusht

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Hi I had an appointment with immigration officer then was canceled by phone from the officer is this normal

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hi I had an appointment with immigration officer then was canceled by phone from the officer is this normal
If it was an interview it seems to happen once in a while. For example, if the interviewing officer cannot show up for work like sudden illness etc. It occasionally happens even for oath because of technical issues, they invited the wrong candidate, or absence of a key person in the oath etc. Don't have to worry or read too much into it. Just keep following up with them until you get a replacement appointment or see further movement in your application.

Last edited: