Passport Req..
11/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
17/06/2015
LANDED..........
March 2016
Hi guys,

For those who have landed some questions pls:

When landing do we have to take all our stuffs with us?
We are planning just to go and land then back to prague and come back ending of the year.
Will it be a problem if we only fly with 2 bags for instance?

Thanks house

Ilija

Mar 20, 2014
Does anyone know how long does Vienna take to process an arc application
Or if anyone knows somebody who's got arc approved in Vienna
Thank you

ghostrideryu

Oct 18, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-11-2014 CC Charged....: 09-01-2015
Nomination.....
03-02-2015 PER
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
OK, so let me share my opinion.
First of all congrats to all succeeded and best wishes to those still waiting their golden chance for new life.

I landed as of September 6th.
I am renting a room in Toronto for 650 CAD a month in a house that 3 of us share.

I do not have no relatives or friends in Canada. I came alone while wife and kids are still back in Serbia.
I had about dozen solid interviews so far but each and every one finished with thank you letter.

It seems that English skills are strong requirements for area I am trying to get (supply chain) since I can not understand what else could be reason against since I have solid experience from large international present companies. Best I could do so far is to get job in local furniture store as a salesman.

Now I do not have anything against that role, but pay is minimum wage. Considering fact my wife's English is far worse than mine is I see that best she could get is cleaning job somewhere.

Our plan was that I come first and once settled and sustainable to bring her along where she will not have to work in first while she improves her English and go to some school for nursing or similar.

However from this perspective that seems like mission impossible since I am hardly able to find even 15 cad per hour job and even that one is not sufficient to support family and I mean only basics.

So after years of planning and joy of becoming PR I am seriously looking for opportunity back in Serbia.
I think that it is very important that you have expertise in area where you can compete more easily with local market and Canadians or that you have friends or family to provide push to the market.

Otherwise you will strugle heavily, or fail as I did. Anyways I hope others have far better stories to tell and I wish you all the very best, but either I picked wrong city or simply overestimated my own capabilities as professional.

Best of luck to all!
We shall probably not meet in Canada anyhow :(

akvarium

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Don't give up so easily. Try to find a survival job first. It would be difficult but if you work on your skills and education in your area of training you will succeed. Get up an hour earlier and find a college that could help you get the dream job you are looking for. But first, you have to find something. Even, cleaning is ok, as long as it takes you somewhere further. The first year is always difficult. Try to connect to other Serbians or Macedonians in the area where you're staying. That way you can find someone who can help you get a job. And don't goal for a job of 20-30 CAD per hour. You can only wish that in a couple of years. Try to find something for 13-14 CAD just to kick start. Things will get better. And remember, everyone of those who are there, live in big houses, drive two cars, live extraordinary lives, started with small jobs and big problems. It is too early to give up.

La_LuNa

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2014 CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
23-9-2014
AOR Received.
27-4-2015
IELTS Request
already tested
Med's Request
20-7-2015
Med's Done....
RPRF 10-9-2015
Interview........
2-5-2014 in Winnipeg
Passport Req..
COPR 23-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
I'm gonna share my story, maybe it will help..

first of all, people, Canada is a HUGE country and I don't see why most of you should settle in Toronto or GTA. It's true there are more jobs in larger cities, but consider one important thing, too: your direct competition is bigger! and, lets face it, employers will always prefer someone with Canadian experience.. If you don't have relatives or close friends or any other strong connection, why don't you consider other parts of Canada? parts that are cheaper?

we live in a small city in Manitoba. (Morden)
we rent WHOLE house for 750$ (now compare that to 650$ just for one room in Toronto..). when you're renting, here they ask only half for deposit, while in bigger cities your deposit is the same as monthly cost (so for the first month you need to pay double price).
we both got our jobs in a matter of days since we started to send out applications and e mails. I personally got a job in my expertise, I work as an ECE in a daycare (but I was well prepared and had all my documents ready for Canadian certification, I started that process from Croatia).
Wages are a bit lower than in bigger, popular cities; but our cost of living is waaaaaaaaay lower, too. We have steady and permanent income of approx 900$ every week (because our paydays happened to be that way, every two weeks we get our paycheck) and we lack absolutely nothing. and we have a 4 year old in a full time daycare (a bit over 400$).
I know, you'll pull "winter argument" on me :D just keep in mind that last couple of winters were really ruff and cold in Toronto area as well.. Air is humid because of the great lakes and that makes it even colder. Here in prairies we do have cold winters, bud the air is dry so it's not that awful. this year temperatures started to dip in minuses a week ago. -15 here is not that colder than 0 in Croatia. Trust me, my kid and I are walking to the daycare so we know :D
I'm not trying to coax you somewhere you wouldn't be happy, we live in a small city (a bit over 9000 people) and I'm aware lot of people prefer big cities. But if you have children and prefer cozy, family life - don't concentrate only on big cities, take a peek on small communities.

a year ago there was an article on cic news about a community in Ontario that's open for newcomers and helps a lot!
http://www.cicnews.com/2014/09/small-canadian-towns-hoping-attract-immigrants-canada-093763.html
I truly do believe smaller communities and cities are better for us newcomers, because they are more open to help.

do your research, people. try to find out about local employment possibilities, find local web pages that advertise jobs (not everything is on job bank or kijiji; kijiji is totally unpopular in my area for example), find housing prices etc. chose carefully, chose smart.
Keep in mind that you can always relocate if you're not happy.

English is important, so keep working on it. my trick was to read: I like chick lit, fantasy and romance, so I've been reading books in english. At first it was frustrating and I often clicked on google translate. but I've kept pushing and pushing and soon difference was astonishing. that really helps a lot. pick up something you like and enjoy to read, and just dig in.

We're here for 6 months (it will be 6 months in a week), but often it feels like we're here way longer. we prepared a lot, we knew a lot about the city and our possibilities, we actively engaged in everything we could. internet and social media are blessing of modern immigration, so use it, people! everything is just a click away.

our life here is million times better then life in Croatia. considering we both had permanent and well paid jobs (for Croatian standard, at least), that says a lot.
Canada is so full of possibilities and opportunities, but you have to do your homework well and you have to google and read a lot. nothing comes here on its own, money does not fall from the sky (or grow in the trees, popular saying back in Balkan :) ), but every effort here pays off.

Good luck, people. be smart, and remember, never stop learning, never stop reading, never stop exploring. it will benefit you tremendously!

Poco_cro

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15.12.2014. (3rd time!)
Nomination.....
PER 03.03.2015
IELTS Request
send with app
Med's Request
Med's Done....
ghostrideryu said:
OK, so let me share my opinion.
First of all congrats to all succeeded and best wishes to those still waiting their golden chance for new life.

I landed as of September 6th.
I am renting a room in Toronto for 650 CAD a month in a house that 3 of us share.

I do not have no relatives or friends in Canada. I came alone while wife and kids are still back in Serbia.
I had about dozen solid interviews so far but each and every one finished with thank you letter.

It seems that English skills are strong requirements for area I am trying to get (supply chain) since I can not understand what else could be reason against since I have solid experience from large international present companies. Best I could do so far is to get job in local furniture store as a salesman.

Now I do not have anything against that role, but pay is minimum wage. Considering fact my wife's English is far worse than mine is I see that best she could get is cleaning job somewhere.

Our plan was that I come first and once settled and sustainable to bring her along where she will not have to work in first while she improves her English and go to some school for nursing or similar.

However from this perspective that seems like mission impossible since I am hardly able to find even 15 cad per hour job and even that one is not sufficient to support family and I mean only basics.

So after years of planning and joy of becoming PR I am seriously looking for opportunity back in Serbia.
I think that it is very important that you have expertise in area where you can compete more easily with local market and Canadians or that you have friends or family to provide push to the market.

Otherwise you will strugle heavily, or fail as I did. Anyways I hope others have far better stories to tell and I wish you all the very best, but either I picked wrong city or simply overestimated my own capabilities as professional.

Best of luck to all!
We shall probably not meet in Canada anyhow :(

Hey, do not give up so easily!
Maybe you had bad luck in Toronto, but have you considered to find your luck in some other city/province?
Canada is not a small country, and does not have only Toronto!
PR is hard to get ... and since it is valid through whole Canada, try some other city.
Also, the end of September is not a ideal time to start, since winter is coming soon.
Why haven't you waited Spring of 2016?

Certainly better prospects are/should be in Canada comparing to Serbia!

P.s. You could always find some job in construction branch to start with, can't you regardless of the occupation you are in and professional title you (currently) have?

darlings

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
@ ghostrideryu
Please don't give up just yet! I can imagine how hard is when your family is not with you but try to focus on reasons you got into this the first place, for the better of you all.
Others wrote most of the advice. I would once again mention immigrant helping offices, here you can find for your area: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/map/services.asp

They can't give you job, but can give you resources, training, funds, and many other assistance. Especially since you don't have network there. Going to workshops and job fairs (when available) is great way to immerse more into Canadian culture, get useful tips and info, meet other people like you and share experience, build your own network. Also, they can give you more information about bringing your family to Canada. I may be wrong, but ask how things go when you are family with small child (we don't have children so I know just few info), because you may be eligible for various assistance, both financial and advisory, like help with finding house/apartment, help with day care if needed, discounts for health insurance, rent, other costs.

Check this program too, it's designed for skilled immigrants who work under their qualifications: http://acapcanada.ca/career-seeker/

We landed in Vancouver mid September, so it's around 2.5 months since we came. City is great and people are great, which is even more important I think. But, Vancouver is also very expensive for living. Food is the only thing that is less expensive than in other parts of Canada. As for the jobs, situation is same as with others. Husband and I found basic jobs for minimum wage (11cad/hr), I work as dishwasher and help in catering, he works as general clerk at the store. Our first goal to fins any jobs so we start earning. Now, we are looking further for better jobs of course. Everybody says it takes time and that we need to be patient. I choose to believe them since all of these people found there way here and are living good lives. We're trying to build our network, get to know people, etc. Some future plans include more schooling, certification or MA, or whatever we decide according to jobs and life desires.

It's not easy to reset your life and star from the scratch so I'm trying to give myself time to cope with all the changes. Brain needs time to process it all, so don't be too hard on yourself if you're feeling bad or whatever, it's all part of the immigration process.

And of course, you can write here whenever you need a talk, someone is always reading as you can see.

All the best :)

ghostrideryu

Oct 18, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-11-2014 CC Charged....: 09-01-2015
Nomination.....
03-02-2015 PER
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks to all of you for positive and encouraging feedback!
You will not believe but I was offered today a job in my area of expertise for 20/hour, so it seems that God has not gave up on me just yet!

I'll start as of Dec 07th, so wish me luck!
As soon as I prove my self on new job and employer confirms that wants to keep me on longer run I'll bring my family over to join me.
I hope in next 3 months or so

Once again huge thanks to all of you and best of luck to all of us!
Cheers!

darlings

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Wish you all the best ghostrideryu! :D

Poco_cro

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15.12.2014. (3rd time!)
Nomination.....
PER 03.03.2015
IELTS Request
send with app
Med's Request
Med's Done....
ghostrideryu said:
Thanks to all of you for positive and encouraging feedback!
You will not believe but I was offered today a job in my area of expertise for 20/hour, so it seems that God has not gave up on me just yet!

I'll start as of Dec 07th, so wish me luck!
As soon as I prove my self on new job and employer confirms that wants to keep me on longer run I'll bring my family over to join me.
I hope in next 3 months or so

Once again huge thanks to all of you and best of luck to all of us!
Cheers!

ghostrideryu just be persistent and you will be able to cope with and to handle all obstacles on your way. Persistency is the key... and the results will not fail !

Gongrats on a new job !

Iforti

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi La_LuNa

Thank you a lot for sharing your experience as a newcommer in Morden.

Can you please share how much do you get from child benefits, and what are the positive differences between the life in Manitoba and Croatia ?

Thank you

Iforti

La_LuNa said:
I'm gonna share my story, maybe it will help..

first of all, people, Canada is a HUGE country and I don't see why most of you should settle in Toronto or GTA. It's true there are more jobs in larger cities, but consider one important thing, too: your direct competition is bigger! and, lets face it, employers will always prefer someone with Canadian experience.. If you don't have relatives or close friends or any other strong connection, why don't you consider other parts of Canada? parts that are cheaper?

we live in a small city in Manitoba. (Morden)
we rent WHOLE house for 750$ (now compare that to 650$ just for one room in Toronto..). when you're renting, here they ask only half for deposit, while in bigger cities your deposit is the same as monthly cost (so for the first month you need to pay double price).
we both got our jobs in a matter of days since we started to send out applications and e mails. I personally got a job in my expertise, I work as an ECE in a daycare (but I was well prepared and had all my documents ready for Canadian certification, I started that process from Croatia).
Wages are a bit lower than in bigger, popular cities; but our cost of living is waaaaaaaaay lower, too. We have steady and permanent income of approx 900$ every week (because our paydays happened to be that way, every two weeks we get our paycheck) and we lack absolutely nothing. and we have a 4 year old in a full time daycare (a bit over 400$).
I know, you'll pull "winter argument" on me :D just keep in mind that last couple of winters were really ruff and cold in Toronto area as well.. Air is humid because of the great lakes and that makes it even colder. Here in prairies we do have cold winters, bud the air is dry so it's not that awful. this year temperatures started to dip in minuses a week ago. -15 here is not that colder than 0 in Croatia. Trust me, my kid and I are walking to the daycare so we know :D
I'm not trying to coax you somewhere you wouldn't be happy, we live in a small city (a bit over 9000 people) and I'm aware lot of people prefer big cities. But if you have children and prefer cozy, family life - don't concentrate only on big cities, take a peek on small communities.

a year ago there was an article on cic news about a community in Ontario that's open for newcomers and helps a lot!
http://www.cicnews.com/2014/09/small-canadian-towns-hoping-attract-immigrants-canada-093763.html
I truly do believe smaller communities and cities are better for us newcomers, because they are more open to help.

do your research, people. try to find out about local employment possibilities, find local web pages that advertise jobs (not everything is on job bank or kijiji; kijiji is totally unpopular in my area for example), find housing prices etc. chose carefully, chose smart.
Keep in mind that you can always relocate if you're not happy.

English is important, so keep working on it. my trick was to read: I like chick lit, fantasy and romance, so I've been reading books in english. At first it was frustrating and I often clicked on google translate. but I've kept pushing and pushing and soon difference was astonishing. that really helps a lot. pick up something you like and enjoy to read, and just dig in.

We're here for 6 months (it will be 6 months in a week), but often it feels like we're here way longer. we prepared a lot, we knew a lot about the city and our possibilities, we actively engaged in everything we could. internet and social media are blessing of modern immigration, so use it, people! everything is just a click away.

our life here is million times better then life in Croatia. considering we both had permanent and well paid jobs (for Croatian standard, at least), that says a lot.
Canada is so full of possibilities and opportunities, but you have to do your homework well and you have to google and read a lot. nothing comes here on its own, money does not fall from the sky (or grow in the trees, popular saying back in Balkan :) ), but every effort here pays off.

Good luck, people. be smart, and remember, never stop learning, never stop reading, never stop exploring. it will benefit you tremendously!

vekineki

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello everybody.

Haven't been here for over a three months and I am like :eek: how the amount of new pages is low. Is everybody in Canada yet? :p
We came to Toronto on September 17. I took 5 weeks program-refreshment of my diploma, wife is taking free English lessons while our daughter is with her in day care, also for free. Some schools for English language have provided child care and some have not.
Childcare is one of MILLION things that you have to explore. But do your homework, explore everything from your country - not here. There is not enough time to lose once you are here.
Story that ghostrideryu wrote is ABSOLUTE 100% TRUE. Only question is how well prepared you are for that. I was lucky because I have been to Canada earlier, twice, so I knew what I will find here. And again, I choose to bring my family here. Start is not easy, it can't be. I learned new phrase: HIT THE GROUND RUNNING. You'll face hard time here but give Canada chance and Canada will give it back to you. Look at the ghostrideryu's story now.... This is different universe, different education, housing, driving, health, sport, food, people...

Ghost if you want send me your email. I am also in supply chain. Good luck anyway.

Guys for any question, please feel free to send me private message. I am not sure how often I will visit this forum and I am willing to provide advice, to help, anything... If it is easier to write me on Serbian and Croatian please do, it is still easier for me to read it... :-* :-* :-*

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Hi all,

My wife and I eventually landed at Pearson Airport last weekend (27th Nov).
it was an extremely pleasing and easy experience at the airport.

I was carrying a lot of documentation based on various advice on separate threads. e.g. PR card application forms. Form B4, B4A etc etc.

Well, I realized you do not really need any of these.
The immigration officer takes required info for PR cards directly from the COPR and hence no application is required.
B4 forms are needed only if you have your goods coming through cargo.
We had everything we wanted in our check-in bags and no plans for a future cargo shipment.
Hence customs did not ask for any form.
Even the photograph for jewelry was not required.

The very next morning we managed to go to a mall and get decent postpaid phone connections.
The same day we managed to go to a Service Canada office and get our SIN.
You can get it right there at airport if you arrive Mon-Fri, 9-5PM.

Overall, a pleasant experience. We have already finalized a condo unit at Downtown Toronto and will be shifting later today.
Do drop me a message or reply here if I could be of any help.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
tobesky86 said:
Hi guys,

For those who have landed some questions pls:

When landing do we have to take all our stuffs with us?
Not mandatory. You can carry as much as you want. However, if you want to get something in a later trip / or get it through cargo, make sure to have forms B4 ready.
We are planning just to go and land then back to prague and come back ending of the year.
Will it be a problem if we only fly with 2 bags for instance?
Check the comment above.

Thanks house