AOR: March 6th 2015.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hey guys!
after a while, i'm back on the forum.
we've landed on august 7th to edmonton. it took us almost 2 hours at immigration office to finish the paperwork, since there were lots of people having business with imm office (mostly business and students visas, though). the actual work took 20 minutes. there weren't any problems anyway along the road, which was nice. we came in the afternoon, so we weren't able to get our SIN at the airport, but we went to get those on monday. it took 15 minutes to finish paperwork for four of us. also, it took me 20 minutes to finish paperwork for health cards, for which I've applied the very next day. i've got my alberta driving licence just yesterday, cause it took me while to get of hold of a proof from the US that i've taken driver's test almost two decades ago :p otherwise, i could have gotten the DL right away, but it would be issued as to a beginner, since my american DL was renewed in may this year. we had trouble getting SIM cards. i know it sounds weird, but it took us almost a week!! and it seems that we wouldn't be able to do it even then if there wasn't for my uncle, who is a citizen. i don't know if we didn't know how to go about it or what, but he had to vouch for us. weird! anyway, we had to pay rent for three months in advance, since we don't have a canadian credit history. also, when you're moving into an apartment, BE AWARE, that you have pay for deposit for internet/cable installation equipment, and only after that they will book you for installation. we learned that in a harder way :)
everything else goes pretty smoothly. since we just got internet day before yesterday, now we've started applying for jobs. and there are plenty. we've met lots of people from former YU, and they were of great help in terms of directing us toward information we've needed.
if you guys have any questions - i'm here!
good luck to those who are still waiting for visas!

Supergirl

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
PER 18.02.2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
strangersr said:
hey guys!
we've landed on august 7th to edmonton. it took us almost 2 hours at immigration office to finish the paperwork, since there were lots of people having business with imm office (mostly business and students visas, though). the actual work took 20 minutes. there weren't any problems anyway along the road, which was nice. we came in the afternoon, so we weren't able to get our SIN at the airport, but we went to get those on monday. it took 15 minutes to finish paperwork for four of us. also, it took me 20 minutes to finish paperwork for health cards, for which I've applied the very next day. i've got my alberta driving licence just yesterday, cause it took me while to get of hold of a proof from the US that i've taken driver's test almost two decades ago :p otherwise, i could have gotten the DL right away, but it would be issued as to a beginner, since my american DL was renewed in may this year. we had trouble getting SIM cards. i know it sounds weird, but it took us almost a week!! and it seems that we wouldn't be able to do it even then if there wasn't for my uncle, who is a citizen. i don't know if we didn't know how to go about it or what, but he had to vouch for us. weird! anyway, we had to pay rent for three months in advance, since we don't have a canadian credit history. also, when you're moving into an apartment, BE AWARE, that you have pay for deposit for internet/cable installation equipment, and only after that they will book you for installation. we learned that in a harder way :)
everything else goes pretty smoothly. since we just got internet day before yesterday, now we've started applying for jobs. and there are plenty. we've met lots of people from former YU, and they were of great help in terms of directing us toward information we've needed.
Hi stranersr!
Great news! I wish you luck in the new environment!

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
strangersr said:
hey guys!
Hey congrats.. good to hear that there are "plenty" of jobs..lol.

La_LuNa

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2014 CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
23-9-2014
AOR Received.
27-4-2015
IELTS Request
already tested
Med's Request
20-7-2015
Med's Done....
RPRF 10-9-2015
Interview........
2-5-2014 in Winnipeg
Passport Req..
COPR 23-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Okay, why does my ECAS look like this
http://imgur.com/mXHnK9D
Anyone had that??
I was sure it'll just say "Medical done", I wasn't expecting this!
We sent our documents (address update) by e mail and by regular mail month ago. Clinic say they have sent medical long time ago.
I honestly don't know what to think now.
This status was changed this morning (canada time). I'm sure because I check it daily.

patreya

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi all,

I am a questions regarding sending Passports by courier to Vienna office. I am a Express entry applicant in Germany and yesterday got a request to for my passport.

In the letter I received, they provide the mailing address with two options 'Private Courier' and 'Registered Mail'.

I believe DHL is private Courier?

What I do not get it is the following statement on the private courier section. I man I understand the statement, but not really the logic behind it.

"Once you have arranged the pre-paid pick-up with the commercial courier service, the commercial courier company must contact our section by e-mail (viennvisa@international.gc.ca) in order to organize the pick-up of your envelope."

I have not heard of courier service contacting someone before delivering?

Have anyone on this forum encountered this before? Any suggestions/explanations?

Kamal7077

Sep 5, 2015
Hello everyone, I am from India and living in Netherlands. I applied for Canadian visitor visa by mail from Canadian vfs in Germany. I sent all my documents to Germany on 03-09-2015.
My case situation :- I got dutch 5 years residence card.
my and my partner job documents and salary slips and bank account details statements.
Our own house papers which is on our both names.
Bank statement 5000 euros
Hotel booking and tickets showing that we both want travel to Canada and she doesn't need visa for Canada.
I attached my two passports, first passport full with uk and EU visas.

Questions :- according to your experience what chances I got to obtain the visa?
My main questions is how it can take to get my passport back because we are going to Portugal on 04-10-15 and I also attached confirmed Portugal flights and hotel booking with my documents?

vekineki

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
strangersr said:
hey guys!
Despite all the problems, this sounds good ;D

So happy for all of you guys who made it and I hope everyone else will reach their goals.

I'm traveling next week. Toronto, here I come 8) 8) 8) 8)

La_LuNa

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2014 CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
23-9-2014
AOR Received.
27-4-2015
IELTS Request
already tested
Med's Request
20-7-2015
Med's Done....
RPRF 10-9-2015
Interview........
2-5-2014 in Winnipeg
Passport Req..
COPR 23-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
RPRF came early this morning (Canada time) :eek:

our last step....

no updates on ECAS. lol.

Poco_cro

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15.12.2014. (3rd time!)
Nomination.....
PER 03.03.2015
IELTS Request
send with app
Med's Request
Med's Done....
La_LuNa said:
RPRF came early this morning (Canada time) :eek:

our last step....

no updates on ECAS. lol.
Congrats on a step to finish line ....
You are almost done ...

In these cases applicable is a latin proverb: Per aspera ad astra! or throughout thorns to reach the stars !

Your star is out there witing for YOU!

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
vekineki said:
Despite all the problems, this sounds good ;D

So happy for all of you guys who made it and I hope everyone else will reach their goals.

I'm traveling next week. Toronto, here I come 8) 8) 8) 8)
Wishing you a very happy journey and transition buddy.
See you in Toronto.

La_LuNa

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-12-2014 CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
23-9-2014
AOR Received.
27-4-2015
IELTS Request
already tested
Med's Request
20-7-2015
Med's Done....
RPRF 10-9-2015
Interview........
2-5-2014 in Winnipeg
Passport Req..
COPR 23-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Guys, how long after RPRF payment you've been waiting for it to be visible on ECAS? What does it say, decision made or?
And how long for COPR (for vida exempt)?

hunjack

Jun 23, 2015
Calgary-based airline WestJet will fly direct to London, England, from six Canadian cities starting in spring 2016.

The airline will offer flights to Gatwick airport from Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and St. John's. All in all, there will be 28 flights a week on the the airline's new 767s.
During peak periods from early May to early October, Vancouver service will operate six times weekly, Edmonton will operate twice weekly, Calgary five times weekly and Winnipeg once weekly. Flights from Toronto and St. John's will operate once daily.
The move is a major signpost for the company, as it represents WestJet's first transatlantic crossings with its newer, wide-body airplanes. For much of its 20-year history, WestJet's fleet was almost entirely 737s, which aren't optimized for long-haul flights such as those from parts of Central and Western Canada to Europe. But new 767s and other planes on the way are able to handle longer flights more efficiently.

Depending on the city, a one-way ticket will cost between $199 and $299, with all taxes included, the airline said in a release.

You can buy the one-way tickets for really good prices! Even with the London transfer, the tickets are budget price. Check out WestJet's website for the booking prices! Since I want to go to Winnipeg, it's really good news for me...

bobansto2002

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Skopje
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
PER 04 March 2015
Med's Request
19 June 2015
Med's Done....
25 June 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
09 November 2015
LANDED..........
03 December
Hello guys!

Anyone here waiting for passport request from Vienna visa office except me? I have been waiting since 25 June, meanwhile I sent them an email with inquiry if everything is alright with the medical results and documents, they replied that documents are received and I should wait for further steps in the process. Well, it calmed me down for a bit, but I am getting worried with the refugee situation and the notice that Canada will settle 10.000 refugees by the end of September 2016. I think they are more focused on this situation and it will slow down the immigration process for FSWR 2014.

What do you think, any suggestions?

Regards.

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 03.11.2014.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Did you get a third line on ECAS and when?

bobansto2002 said:
Hello guys!

Anyone here waiting for passport request from Vienna visa office except me? I have been waiting since 25 June, meanwhile I sent them an email with inquiry if everything is alright with the medical results and documents, they replied that documents are received and I should wait for further steps in the process. Well, it calmed me down for a bit, but I am getting worried with the refugee situation and the notice that Canada will settle 10.000 refugees by the end of September 2016. I think they are more focused on this situation and it will slow down the immigration process for FSWR 2014.

What do you think, any suggestions?

Regards.

bobansto2002

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Skopje
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
PER 04 March 2015
Med's Request
19 June 2015
Med's Done....
25 June 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
09 November 2015
LANDED..........
03 December
Yes, I have TLU on ECAS ...I got it 7 days after the medicals..around 03 or 04 July. So, what do you think?

emiiuki said:
Did you get a third line on ECAS and when?