File Transfer...
Sent CIO 30.01.2014 AOR CIO 02.03.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August :)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-10-28a.asp

Gearman

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
Nomination.....
01-03-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014 ..... DM on 1 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Thanks YodaAtCanada and Lucky_mkd. @ YodaAtCanada now you have some good news to refresh and enlighten you, hopefully this means one more application forward and more to follow.Yes looking forward to the new life in our beloved Canada and I will definitely keep the forum informed about my landing experience.I am looking at June, perhaps early or Mid June to travel.

can_man

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan, 2014
another update from Moscow PNP applicant with job offer.

he got the passport request after 5 months only after AOR, MR 4 months AOR.

its really fast, their current PNP processing time is 13months.

I read CIC news yesterday on twitter, goverment of canada is speeding up the process for PNP, hope its gonna be for Vienna also.

;)

Lucky_mkd

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Sent CIO 30.01.2014 AOR CIO 02.03.2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August :)
can_man said:
another update from Moscow PNP applicant with job offer.

he got the passport request after 5 months only after AOR, MR 4 months AOR.

its really fast, their current PNP processing time is 13months.

I read CIC news yesterday on twitter, goverment of canada is speeding up the process for PNP, hope its gonna be for Vienna also.

;)
Can u send link to read ?

can_man

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan, 2014
sure
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=836509

Offering "Express Entry" to Qualified Economic Immigrants

Actively Recruiting Talented Newcomers For the Benefit of Canada’s Economy
April 8, 2014 — Ottawa — Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander today announced that Canada’s active recruitment model for economic immigration will officially be called “Express Entry.” Set to launch in January 2015, “Express Entry” is a major step forward in the transformation of Canada’s immigration system into one that is fast, flexible and focused on meeting Canada’s economic and labour needs.

“Express Entry” will allow for greater flexibility and better responsiveness to deal with regional labour shortages, and help fill open jobs for which there are no available Canadian workers. “Express Entry” candidates who receive a valid job offer or nomination under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) will be quickly invited to apply for permanent residency – a key distinction between “Express Entry” and the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, which is only used to fill temporary labour and skill shortages.

Formerly referred to as “Expression of Interest”, “Express Entry” will be open to skilled immigrants and allow the government to select the best candidates who are most likely to succeed in Canada, rather than those who happen to be first in line. It will also prevent backlogs and allow Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to better coordinate application volume with the annual immigration levels plan.

Qualified applicants can expect faster processing times of six months or less when invited to come to Canada in four key economic streams: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class, and a portion of the PNP.

With “Express Entry,” employers will have a key role in selecting economic immigrants and providing advice to the Government of Canada. To this end, Alexander also announced that over the course of spring 2014, CIC will work with provincial and territorial governments to hold a series of cross-Canada information sessions to provide employers with more information about this exciting new system.

Lucky_mkd said:
Can u send link to read ?

borojevic

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2013
Med's Done....
April 1st
Friends can anyone tell me if Vienna VO is open for visa stamping any work day or just some days of the week???
i m making plans although i have not receieved PPR yet.
thnx

Vitalia

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
borojevic said:
Friends can anyone tell me if Vienna VO is open for visa stamping any work day or just some days of the week???
i m making plans although i have not receieved PPR yet.
thnx
You can look at this link about their working days and hours... It looks like they are working from Monday to Thursday but I'm not sure if this refers to visa stamping. You will probably receive details with the e-mail for PPR. :)

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/visas/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

borojevic

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2013
Med's Done....
April 1st
Thank you Vitalia

can_man

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan, 2014
While waiting

Can someone please explain about Medical Exam, what makes you inadmissible. What they are checking in chest xray, blood, urine or something.
Do they check for Aids, Tuberculosis, cancer, HIV or Hepatitis. ...

Any suggestions

Thanks

Gearman

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
Nomination.....
01-03-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014 ..... DM on 1 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
can_man said:
While waiting

Can someone please explain about Medical Exam, what makes you inadmissible. What they are checking in chest xray, blood, urine or something.
Do they check for Aids, Tuberculosis, cancer, HIV or Hepatitis. ...

Any suggestions

Thanks

Hi Can_man,

Having done my Immigration Medical Exam (ME) almost two months now, I can some how shed some light on this.The IME involves screening for HIV, Syphilis and Urinalysis (for which only a rapid screening test is performed to check for signs of major infections or elevated protein levels which may indicate a problem with organs like kidneys and or the liver). To the best of my knowledge, chest X-ray is basically to check for Tuberculosis infection or at least history of it.And there are other basic checks like blood pressure, heart beat rate, weight , height and eye checks.The last thing will be just questions from the IME physician about history of any illnesses you have had in the past.

With regards to inadmissibility, you should either have one or two conditions.Either you have a medical condition or disease that will pose a danger to the Canadian public (HIV as a major example) or you have a medical condition that will put pressure on the Canadian health system (In effect measured in comparison to average cost (I think 5000 CAD though not to sure) per year per person in Canada).I think inadmissibility is determined if the immigration medical office evaluates that based on the applicant's medical condition, it will cost the Canadian tax payers no less than 5000 CAD per year to cater for the applicant's medical needs.

Hope this answers your question!

can_man

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan, 2014
Fair enough my friend

Thank you for your help and thorough explanation.

;)

Gearman said:
Hi Can_man,

Having done my Immigration Medical Exam (ME) almost two months now, I can some how shed some light on this.The IME involves screening for HIV, Syphilis and Urinalysis (for which only a rapid screening test is performed to check for signs of major infections or elevated protein levels which may indicate a problem with organs like kidneys and or the liver). To the best of my knowledge, chest X-ray is basically to check for Tuberculosis infection or at least history of it.And there are other basic checks like blood pressure, heart beat rate, weight , height and eye checks.The last thing will be just questions from the IME physician about history of any illnesses you have had in the past.

With regards to inadmissibility, you should either have one or two conditions.Either you have a medical condition or disease that will pose a danger to the Canadian public (HIV as a major example) or you have a medical condition that will put pressure on the Canadian health system (In effect measured in comparison to average cost (I think 5000 CAD though not to sure) per year per person in Canada).I think inadmissibility is determined if the immigration medical office evaluates that based on the applicant's medical condition, it will cost the Canadian tax payers no less than 5000 CAD per year to cater for the applicant's medical needs.

Hope this answers your question!

kelo

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
News Release : New Programs Now January 2015

Offering "Express Entry" to Qualified Economic Immigrants

Actively Recruiting Talented Newcomers For the Benefit of Canada's Economy

April 8, 2014 — Ottawa — Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander today announced that Canada's active recruitment model for economic immigration will officially be called “Express Entry.” Set to launch in January 2015, “Express Entry” is a major step forward in the transformation of Canada's immigration system into one that is fast, flexible and focused on meeting Canada's economic and labour needs.

“Express Entry” will allow for greater flexibility and better responsiveness to deal with regional labour shortages, and help fill open jobs for which there are no available Canadian workers. “Express Entry” candidates who receive a valid job offer or nomination under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) will be quickly invited to apply for permanent residency – a key distinction between “Express Entry” and the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, which is only used to fill temporary labour and skill shortages.

Formerly referred to as “Expression of Interest”, “Express Entry” will be open to skilled immigrants and allow the government to select the best candidates who are most likely to succeed in Canada, rather than those who happen to be first in line. It will also prevent backlogs and allow Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to better coordinate application volume with the annual immigration levels plan.

Qualified applicants can expect faster processing times of six months or less when invited to come to Canada in four key economic streams: the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class, and a portion of the PNP.

With “Express Entry,” employers will have a key role in selecting economic immigrants and providing advice to the Government of Canada. To this end, Alexander also announced that over the course of spring 2014, CIC will work with provincial and territorial governments to hold a series of cross-Canada information sessions to provide employers with more information about this exciting new system.
Quick facts

Canada's Economic Action Plan 2014 will invest $14 million over two years and $4.7 million per year ongoing to ensuring the successful implementation of Express Entry.
With Express Entry, Canada will be able to select the best candidates who are most likely to achieve success in Canada, rather than the first person in line.
The Government of Canada's new and improved Job Bank will help facilitate matches between Canadian employers and Express Entry candidates.
Having a valid job offer or provincial/territorial nomination will guarantee Express Entry candidates an invitation to apply for permanent residence.

“Express Entry promises to be a game-changer for Canadian immigration and Canada's economy. It will revolutionize the way we attract skilled immigrants, and get them working here faster. Our government is actively engaged with our provincial and territorial partners, and with employers, to make January's launch of Express Entry a success.”

Chris Alexander, Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister

YodaAtCanada

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2014 Citizenship.......: 07-12-2018
Dear friends,

Yesterday I received GCMS notes and I want to share with you that nothing started :(.
But at least now I see dates when my case was received in Vienna and I'm sure now that they have it.
I was convinced that during April we will all be in process but I'm not so sure anymore.

Vitalia, thank you on your help regarding ordering GCMS notes.

Cheers!

alta.province

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 May 2013
Doc's Request.
11 Aug. 2014
AOR Received.
PER: Aug. 2013
IELTS Request
done
Med's Request
11 Aug. 2014
Med's Done....
Sept. 2014 / Oct. 2014
Interview........
RPRF request: Oct. 2014
Passport Req..
4th line on ECAS: 6 Jan. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 16 Jan. 2015
LANDED..........
15 Feb 2015
Dear friends,

my wife is pregnant and should give birth in our home country in August. Should I notify the visa office now or not?

We got PER from CIC in August 2013 and since then, no news from Vienna VO.

If we get MR now, how does it work for a pregnant women and all those upcoming delays with paperwork?
Do little babies have to go to medical as well?