+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

##### Applicants VO Vienna please join #####

YodaAtCanada

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2014 Citizenship.......: 07-12-2018
botreconhp said:
Now is time to celebrate and plan for landing. I am of opinion that if you wish to get the visa in person instead of via postmail, y could go directly to Vienna VS. Y will have the visa in same day as you come.
Bravo Vienna offiice.
kelo said:
Congrats am happy for you. It shows that Vienna is working accordingly especially on FSW 2013
Guys, thank you! You are right, time of celebration is very near. ;)
Now I will wait to see if they will respond after I sent them receipt and then I'm going to take one day off from my job and travel to Vienna.

YodaAtCanada

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
LANDED..........
oszi said:
Wow, that was fast, congrats! How did you pay RPRF? If you have the bank statement, you can go in person of course. You have to go there in the morning, and they will do it by the afternoon.
Dear oszi,

Thank you! Yes, Vienna works very diligently.

I payed online.
This is complete mail I received:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to complete the processing of your application you must:
 pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee - RPRF for yourself and your spouse: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?lob=proc&cat=Permanent+Residence
 OR
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng
You must submit the proof of payment to this office.
Please confirm your mailing address
If you wish to have same day service, please come to our office in person. Please consult our web site (see below) for our hours of operation.
We request that you comply with these instructions within two months of the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your application and the closure of your file.

I followed first link and payed with credit card. Before you can make transaction payment system required me to open account which I did.
After cleared transaction, payment system immediately sent me "official receipt" (PDF).
Since they asked that we must submit payment to Vienna office, I used Acrobat (I hate to write with hand ;) ) to fill form within receipt (you need to put your address, UCI and phone number)
Also they requested to confirm address, so I wrote cover letter and save it in PDF
Than on Vienna embassy web page I used link:

"Update my application with additional documents or information"
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=vienna

and submit both, cover letter with details and receipt.

Probably I could just reply on their mail, but in moment of euphoria this was not an option :D
Now I hope they will respond so I can be sure that I can go in Vienna to pick up visa.

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
YodaAtCanada said:
Dear oszi,

Thank you! Yes, Vienna works very diligently.

I payed online.
This is complete mail I received:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to complete the processing of your application you must:
 pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee - RPRF for yourself and your spouse: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?lob=proc&cat=Permanent+Residence
 OR
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng
You must submit the proof of payment to this office.
Please confirm your mailing address
If you wish to have same day service, please come to our office in person. Please consult our web site (see below) for our hours of operation.
We request that you comply with these instructions within two months of the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your application and the closure of your file.

I followed first link and payed with credit card. Before you can make transaction payment system required me to open account which I did.
After cleared transaction, payment system immediately sent me "official receipt" (PDF).
Since they asked that we must submit payment to Vienna office, I used Acrobat (I hate to write with hand ;) ) to fill form within receipt (you need to put your address, UCI and phone number)
Also they requested to confirm address, so I wrote cover letter and save it in PDF
Than on Vienna embassy web page I used link:

"Update my application with additional documents or information"
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=vienna

and submit both, cover letter with details and receipt.

Probably I could just reply on their mail, but in moment of euphoria this was not an option :D
Now I hope they will respond so I can be sure that I can go in Vienna to pick up visa.
Congrats Yoda!
This is it :)

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
I completed the Landing today to become a permanent resident of Canada :D

The procedure was no problem at all, and it took just about 45mins at the Abbotsford-Huntingdon border crossing: from the first passport-check with the "oh, you are landing" to signing of COPR, goods to follow list, etc. At the end, the Officer even congratulated us with a handshake. Overall, it was a great experience, and another display of Canadian friendliness.

Thank you all for your support, and good luck to all of you who are still waiting for mail from Vienna.

Nltocan

Jul 9, 2014
The Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2015
BC2013 said:

The procedure was no problem at all, and it took just about 45mins at the Abbotsford-Huntingdon border crossing: from the first passport-check with the "oh, you are landing" to signing of COPR, goods to follow list, etc. At the end, the Officer even congratulated us with a handshake. Overall, it was a great experience, and another display of Canadian friendliness.

Thank you all for your support, and good luck to all of you who are still waiting for mail from Vienna.
Congratulations! Can't wait to share that beautiful moment with my husband and kids....someday!

botreconhp

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
BC2013 said:

Cheers!

YodaAtCanada

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
LANDED..........
BC2013 said:

BC, congratulations!!!
If you ever come to visit GTA, drop me PM, let's drink some beer :)
I hope to do my landing during September

BTW let me ask you one more question. What's the story about 'Disembarkation Card/Form'?
I found information in this thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

Corax said: "Irrespective of which city we chose to land, the 'landing' per se, is a simple process. Before debarking the a/craft we'll be provided with a 'Disembarkation Card/Form'. We take that form & first go to the 'Passport Control'. "

I didn't quite understood where exactly, or by whom we will get this form?

Thank you very much and once again CONGRATULATIONS!
Have a nice life and inspiring job in Canada! :)

Ca7r10na

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yoda, Oszi, BC - huge congratulations on all your exciting news! I am equal parts over the moon for you all and jealous!!!

YodaAtCanada

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
LANDED..........
Ca7r10na said:
Yoda, Oszi, BC - huge congratulations on all your exciting news! I am equal parts over the moon for you all and jealous!!!
Ca7r10na, thank you very much, I am convinced that soon I will congratulate you as well.
I think they are diligently trying to process all application within one year from the date applications were received in Vienna VO.

Vitalia did you succeeded to obtain all documentation necessary?

Cheers!

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
YodaAtCanada said:
BC, congratulations!!!
If you ever come to visit GTA, drop me PM, let's drink some beer :)
I hope to do my landing during September

BTW let me ask you one more question. What's the story about 'Disembarkation Card/Form'?
I found information in this thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

Corax said: "Irrespective of which city we chose to land, the 'landing' per se, is a simple process. Before debarking the a/craft we'll be provided with a 'Disembarkation Card/Form'. We take that form & first go to the 'Passport Control'. "

I didn't quite understood where exactly, or by whom we will get this form?

Thank you very much and once again CONGRATULATIONS!
Have a nice life and inspiring job in Canada! :)
he Disembarcation Form has to be filled by people travelling to Canada by air only. It basically asks some personal info, duration of stay (when landing, this should be left blank, I assume), and also info about products brought into the country - with seperate sections for visitors and returning residents. So this last part should probably stay blank either.

You will get this form on board, the crew of your plane will hand them out on the flight.

Ca7r10na

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YodaAtCanada said:
Ca7r10na, thank you very much, I am convinced that soon I will congratulate you as well.
I think they are diligently trying to process all application within one year from the date applications were received in Vienna VO.

Vitalia did you succeeded to obtain all documentation necessary?

Cheers!
Yoda - I hope you are right - but as our application has the same dates as yours, I'm losing hope each day. I am beginning to believe that the fact I used to be a PR is what's slowing down our process (ie they are running some detailed background check on me in Canada) and this is so depressing. How can going to high school in Canada be a bad thing?!? Ok sorry to moan. I am genuinely very happy for you all and your good news!

YodaAtCanada

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
LANDED..........
BC2013 said:
he Disembarcation Form has to be filled by people travelling to Canada by air only. It basically asks some personal info, duration of stay (when landing, this should be left blank, I assume), and also info about products brought into the country - with seperate sections for visitors and returning residents. So this last part should probably stay blank either.

You will get this form on board, the crew of your plane will hand them out on the flight.
Ahaa, I see, now I get it.
Thank you! :)

YodaAtCanada

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
LANDED..........
Ca7r10na said:
Yoda - I hope you are right - but as our application has the same dates as yours, I'm losing hope each day. I am beginning to believe that the fact I used to be a PR is what's slowing down our process (ie they are running some detailed background check on me in Canada) and this is so depressing. How can going to high school in Canada be a bad thing?!? Ok sorry to moan. I am genuinely very happy for you all and your good news!
Ca7r10na, yes, I think you're right.
I read somewhere that more countries you've been living requires longer period for background checking.
Probably they contact each country and collect all possible information about applicant.
Since you have lived in Canada, I believe this should go smoother than in some other countries for which depends how fast they respond on foreign affairs basis.
I'll keep fingers crossed for you to get your MR soon.

Cheers!

BC2013

Feb 21, 2012
LANDED..........
7-16-2014
Ca7r10na said:
Don't worry, you will get there, too.
And I don't think, you having lived in canada has that much to do with it. They always claim, that they work in a kind of order, but I seriously doubt that. Just look at my application (lock-in date early 12/2011) and Gearman's application (late 01/2012) - both with identical NOC. However, they started working on Gearman's application about three months earlier than mine. Then his took a little bit longer after the medicals due to background checks, I assume.

So the key is them getting started - i.e. really looking at your file. The first stage after that is the "background check" regarding your papers (are they genuine, do you score enough points, etc.). When satisfied, you will get the MR. The other "background check" will be conducted then, that is the criminality check. So I don't think that you having lived in Canada has anything to do with the current delay. You were just unlucky, that your file was not touched first (maybe it is just thicker that other ones, so they prefer thinner ones first - at least that is the way I got to know some judicial procedures in the past: you get more files done this way, which looks good statistically).

So hang in there, they will get to your file too.