+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLICANTS --> September intake---> 2013----> PAKISTAN---> Islamabad CIC

mlaghari

May 23, 2013
WaseemWasii said:
Yes bro I Received my medical through Email.

And they Did this to Many College Applicants Not Just You.

Many Got Rejected after 5 Months of Wait.. : )
They got rejected before medical or after medical?

alibutt2013

Sep 3, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th may 2013
Med's Request
11th september 2013
Med's Done....
17th september 2013
Passport Req..
already submitted with the application
VISA ISSUED...
27th november 2013
LANDED..........
inshallah soon
layla.bee said:
you have applied for Sep or Jan semester?
i applied for sep intake but they are taking long to process my visa so i deferred it to the jan intake.

ati007

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sent with the file
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Hi there. I need some information. I am applying for study permit and I have plans to take my family along. Do I have to fill out TRV of my son who is 8 years old? Plz reply

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ati007 said:
Hi there. I need some information. I am applying for study permit and I have plans to take my family along. Do I have to fill out TRV of my son who is 8 years old? Plz reply
Yes you have to apply for your son too. If he is 6+, although trv form might work too BUT THE PREFERABLE way is to apply for "open study permit".

This means you will fill a normal study permit form for him (similar to yours) but there would be no info about which college he has been accepted to. You can simply write "Not applicable in those entries".

For kids less than 6, one applies for temp resident visas. Following official link explains it in detail.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/minors-mineurs.aspx

Please note, i didn't say you WON'T get a temp resident visa. I said you APPLY for an "open study permit" using the study permit form along with other required forms.

Effectively you will get an open study permit AND temp resident visa for the child.

Hope that helps.

ati007

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sent with the file
IELTS Request
fkl said:
Yes you have to apply for your son too. If he is 6+, although trv form might work too BUT THE PREFERABLE way is to apply for "open study permit".

This means you will fill a normal study permit form for him (similar to yours) but there would be no info about which college he has been accepted to. You can simply write "Not applicable in those entries".

For kids less than 6, one applies for temp resident visas. Following official link explains it in detail.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/minors-mineurs.aspx

Please note, i didn't say you WON'T get a temp resident visa. I said you APPLY for an "open study permit" using the study permit form along with other required forms.

Effectively you will get an open study permit AND temp resident visa for the child.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for your kind reply,one more thing I want to ask it is written on the cic website study permit fee CAD 124/- and biometric fee CAD 85/- do I have to pay this fee for my wife and son also?Please reply
Kindly tell me will I have to fill the same Study Permit form for my son that I have filled for myself?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ati007 said:
Thanks for your kind reply,one more thing I want to ask it is written on the cic website study permit fee CAD 124/- and biometric fee CAD 85/- do I have to pay this fee for my wife and son also?Please reply
Study permit - multiple entry costs CAD 125 per person. Temp resident visas (multiple) costs 150. I am not sure which type you are applying for your wife. But if it is trv, it will cost 150, if student it will be 125.

So the total for 3 of you would be 125 * 3 = 375 (assuming all students), for wife's trv add 25.

The biometric fee of CAD 85 is also per person. However, that will only be applicable in december 2013 in Pakistan. So if you apply before that, you don't need the biometrics and hence wont pay for it either.

Following link contains the dates from which each visa office starts taking biometric scans.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

ati007

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sent with the file
IELTS Request
fkl said:
Study permit - multiple entry costs CAD 125 per person. Temp resident visas (multiple) costs 150. I am not sure which type you are applying for your wife. But if it is trv, it will cost 150, if student it will be 125.

So the total for 3 of you would be 125 * 3 = 375 (assuming all students), for wife's trv add 25.

The biometric fee of CAD 85 is also per person. However, that will only be applicable in december 2013 in Pakistan. So if you apply before that, you don't need the biometrics and hence wont pay for it either.

Following link contains the dates from which each visa office starts taking biometric scans.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
Do I have to fill the same Study permit form for my child that i filled for myself? Plz reply

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ati007 said:
Do I have to fill the same Study permit form for my child that i filled for myself? Plz reply
Yeah, same study permit form for son. However, there is some place among the three forms where it is indicated whether you are a primary applicant or a dependent (i forgot where exactly it is, may be family information form or schedule 1 IMM5257). Also you will write "Not applicable" in fields like "where would you be studying, which program, university, fee etc." for your son's form. When these all are submitted together the intentions are quite clear.

ati007

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sent with the file
IELTS Request
fkl said:
Yeah, same study permit form for son. However, there is some place among the three forms where it is indicated whether you are a primary applicant or a dependent (i forgot where exactly it is, may be family information form or schedule 1 IMM5257). Also you will write "Not applicable" in fields like "where would you be studying, which program, university, fee etc." for your son's form. When these all are submitted together the intentions are quite clear.
Do I have to send Original Passports along with the case to the embassy?plz reply

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ati007 said:
Do I have to send Original Passports along with the case to the embassy?plz reply
If you are applying online you would only submit a scanned copy of passport as well as every other document i.e. no originals are sent. If your medicals are done and your case is sort of approved, you will get a passport request via email and would then send your original passports via post (TCS, fedex etc.).

If you are applying on paper through VAC, you have to submit original passports at the time of submission of application, including all previous passports too. These will be returned upon completion of processing of your case.

Submission through VAC (i.e. paper app) also has separate charges. It used to be something like 1800 per person when handled via fedex. I am not sure of the cost since they turned it into VAC.

ati007

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sent with the file
IELTS Request
fkl said:
If you are applying online you would only submit a scanned copy of passport as well as every other document i.e. no originals are sent. If your medicals are done and your case is sort of approved, you will get a passport request via email and would then send your original passports via post (TCS, fedex etc.).

If you are applying on paper through VAC, you have to submit original passports at the time of submission of application, including all previous passports too. These will be returned upon completion of processing of your case.

Submission through VAC (i.e. paper app) also has separate charges. It used to be something like 1800 per person when handled via fedex. I am not sure of the cost since they turned it into VAC.
One more thing plz, do I have to submit my TRV form with study permit form.Plz reply
Moreover plz send me the VAC address of Islamabad where I should submit my case plz.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ati007 said:
One more thing plz, do I have to submit my TRV form with study permit form.Plz reply
Moreover plz send me the VAC address of Islamabad where I should submit my case plz.
I guess i said that before, perhaps it wasn't clear enough. You would submit all forms listed on this link PER APPLICANT
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/forms_study-formulaires_etude.aspx

These are 3 forms required for study visa. Please note that IMM5257 and IMM5257_Schedule1 are two different forms. The "Schedule 1" is submitted in all cases whether you are applying for study, work or visit. However, IMM5257 (the one without schedule), is ONLY filled when you are applying for visit visa, which is not the case with you.

Why is it like that? because we are not a visa exempt country. So we require both a study permit and a temporary resident visa, whatever our intent is. When our applications are processed in islamabad, a temp resident visa is stamped on passports where as you get "a letter of introduction" along (both for study OR work permits).

This letter of introduction is actually used to grant you a study permit at the actual port of entry. So you do not separately apply for temp resident visa when applying for study permit, but ultimately you get both.

Hope that helps.

ati007

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sent with the file
IELTS Request
fkl said:
I guess i said the before, perhaps it wasn't clear enough. You would submit all forms listed on this link PER APPLICANT
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/forms_study-formulaires_etude.aspx

These are 3 forms required for study visa. Please note that IMM5257 and IMM5257_Schedule1 are two different forms. The "Schedule 1" is submitted in all cases whether you are applying for study, work or visit. However, IMM5257 (the one without schedule), is ONLY filled when you are applying for visit visa, which is not the case with you.

Why is it like that? because we are not a visa exempt country. So we require both a study permit and a temporary resident visa, whatever our intent is. When our applications are processed in islamabad, a temp resident visa is stamped on passports where as you get "a letter of introduction" along (both for study OR work permits).

This letter of introduction is actually used to grant you a study permit at the actual port of entry. So you do not separately apply for temp resident visa when applying for study permit, but ultimately you get both.

Hope that helps.
Thank you so much for the help.Plz keep in touch,Regards.