+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test letter received today (Blue) on March 24. Hope other June applicant will receive soon..

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How fast is this local office. congrats! :)
But Montreal... :mad:

rayman_m said:
Test letter received today (Green) on March 24. Hope other June applicant will receive soon..

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update from my test today:

Had my test today. Passed with a score of 19 out of 20. The questions were easy. I finished it under 5 mins. The questions can be multiple choice, fill in the blanks and true or false. Overall, i would say the test was very easy.

The interview was quick. He checked my passport(s), my IDs. Then he said, I want to go over your absences. (I came prepared with additional documents etc.) I said, well I have these additional documents if you wish to check and verify the entries one by one. He then said, well you don't have that many (whilst glancing over my residence calculator). Your file looks good, you should receive the oath invite within 2 to 4 months. He went over the documents I need to bring for my oath. Oh and he asked me about where I work and what I do for a living.

Few tips:
1. Read the book. Take online tests. Read the book again.
2. Arrive at the test center 15 - 20 mins ahead of time.
3. You are not allowed to take drinks or food inside.
4. Follow the instructions carefully.

Other things I noticed/overheard during my interview :
1. No body for our session got the oath invite right away.
2. For the test, apparently before today everybody was entering their UCI number in the scantron. Starting today, everybody was supposed enter the application number starting with C.
3. I overheard an interviewer telling the interviewee that they were giving away oath letter on the spot but they are not doing that any more - specially for the new applications. Apparently there is a lot of backlog.
4. The instructor told us that at the interview they will check out english speaking skills - and that we should not answer these questions in one or two words. We should be able to answer these questions in full sentences.

P.S. I was hoping to get the oath letter today. Sigh. Anyway, I think it worked out for the best given that my trip is in couple weeks I would have had to rush to get my passport done. I get more time now. Also, my folks can attend the ceremony (hopefully) as they are visiting me over summer. Another silver lining.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Segalesh said:
How fast is this local office. congrats! :)
But Montreal... :mad:
I agree with desigirltoronto, there seems to be a lot of backlogs for the new applications w/ email aor.
Seeing that at least Montreal applicants are starting to get tests, we might get it within a few weeks. Hang on.

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, but what does it mean : 2. For the test, apparently before today everybody was entering their UCI number in the scantron. Starting today, everybody was supposed enter the application number starting with C.
this is even for us who wait for test invitation?

desigirltoronto84 said:
Update from my test today:

Had my test today. Passed with a score of 19 out of 20. The questions were easy. I finished it under 5 mins. The questions can be multiple choice, fill in the blanks and true or false. Overall, i would say the test was very easy.

The interview was quick. He checked my passport(s), my IDs. Then he said, I want to go over your absences. (I came prepared with additional documents etc.) I said, well I have these additional documents if you wish to check and verify the entries one by one. He then said, well you don't have that many (whilst glancing over my residence calculator). Your file looks good, you should receive the oath invite within 2 to 4 months. He went over the documents I need to bring for my oath. Oh and he asked me about where I work and what I do for a living.

Few tips:
1. Read the book. Take online tests. Read the book again.
2. Arrive at the test center 15 - 20 mins ahead of time.
3. You are not allowed to take drinks or food inside.
4. Follow the instructions carefully.

Other things I noticed/overheard during my interview :
1. No body for our session got the oath invite right away.
2. For the test, apparently before today everybody was entering their UCI number in the scantron. Starting today, everybody was supposed enter the application number starting with C.
3. I overheard an interviewer telling the interviewee that they were giving away oath letter on the spot but they are not doing that any more - specially for the new applications. Apparently there is a lot of backlog.
4. The instructor told us that at the interview they will check out english speaking skills - and that we should not answer these questions in one or two words. We should be able to answer these questions in full sentences.

P.S. I was hoping to get the oath letter today. Sigh. Anyway, I think it worked out for the best given that my trip is in couple weeks I would have had to rush to get my passport done. I get more time now. Also, my folks can attend the ceremony (hopefully) as they are visiting me over summer. Another silver lining.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Segalesh said:
Sorry, but what does it mean : 2. For the test, apparently before today everybody was entering their UCI number in the scantron. Starting today, everybody was supposed enter the application number starting with C.
this is even for us who wait for test invitation?
I meant, before today everybody (who took the test) entered their client ID (UCI) number in the scantron (this the answer sheet for your test). But starting today the proctor asked us to enter the application number which starts with C.

How did I know that the change took affect today ? The proctor was consulting with another proctor (I was sitting in the first row) and one said, well until yesterday X told us to use the UCI number. Then the other one said - did you attend yesterday's meeting? X told us then and again repeated now that we should use the application number instead.

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news for me guys!

I got a letter today to take the Citizenship test on on 25th March 2015. :) 8) It's pretty soon so now I have to start studying the Discover Canada book.
To those you who are curious to know what the letter looks like, it's a document written on a two blue colored sheets of paper.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sask28 said:
Good news for me guys!

I got a letter today to take the Citizenship test on on 25th March 2015. :) 8) It's pretty soon so now I have to start studying the Discover Canada book.
To those you who are curious to know what the letter looks like, it's a document written on a two blue colored sheets of paper.
Congrats ! me too I just received mine with the same test date ;D

and of course I didn't touch the book yet 8)

Détails: white letters. they said it could take 3 hours, but they didn't mention a possible Oath ceremony the same day.

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
I'm seeing movment for email AOR in montreal Oct applicant ( which donot get me wrong good for them) but what happened to Aug is there any movment at all

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
noor-blue83 said:
I'm seeing movment for email AOR in montreal Oct applicant ( which donot get me wrong good for them) but what happened to Aug is there any movment at all
not even June applicants, so be more patient

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
I got two brown envelopes in the mail box. Got the test invite March 24.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
Congrats ! me too I just received mine with the same test date ;D

and of course I didn't touch the book yet 8)

Détails: white letters. they said it could take 3 hours, but they didn't mention a possible Oath ceremony the same day.
Hey congrats ! Great news.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sask28 said:
Good news for me guys!

Hey great news sask28! Congrats!