+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally I received the letter to take the test on March 19th.

In my case, ECAS was updated before I received the letter.

Good luck to all !

rivermax91

Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Zumba369,

I was wondering if you received a paper alongside the test invitation stating that you'd have the ceremony right after the test on the same day. I am asking because my father and brother both had the test and ceremony on the same day in Montreal - they received their AOR via mail, however. It seems like E-mail AOR applicants don't receive the ceremony letter along with the test invitation letter.

Let me know! Thanks! :)

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rivermax91 said:
Hi Zumba369,

I was wondering if you received a paper alongside the test invitation stating that you'd have the ceremony right after the test on the same day. I am asking because my father and brother both had the test and ceremony on the same day in Montreal - they received their AOR via mail, however. It seems like E-mail AOR applicants don't receive the ceremony letter along with the test invitation letter.

Let me know! Thanks! :)
Hi Rivermax,

Nothing relative to the ceremony.

Will see next Thursday.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
Finally I received the letter to take the test on March 19th.

In my case, ECAS was updated before I received the letter.

Good luck to all !
So we're doing the test on the same day, probably same place... 2 pm in my case..

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
Congrats ! me too I just received mine with the same test date ;D

and of course I didn't touch the book yet 8)

Détails: white letters. they said it could take 3 hours, but they didn't mention a possible Oath ceremony the same day.
Thanks guys for the congrats. I'm glad the processing is moving fast for alot of us.
I ordered the book last month by mail and have been high-lighting some of the important details. Now all I have to do is to go through the notes and take the practice tests from yourlibrary.ca and APNAToronto websites.

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
I called CIC today
1st agnet was rude and said the background & security checks are not done.
2nd agnet was ok and said every thing is done and complete. The file was sent and received by Montreal office. I asked in what bases the invites are sent since I see a few the applied after me and are done, she said its on case to case basess.
My God cannot they just give the same info for once

Freedom4ever

May 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update :) Finally Things are moving in Montreal

Received: 19/9/2014
Email-AOR: 17/11/2014
eCas: Active on 12/12/2014
In process: 13/1/2015
Transfered to local office (Montreal): 15/1/2015
Test letter invitation: 13/3/2015 test date is 22/4/2015

Note:
1- received the test invitation by mail today and it appeared also on eCas today.
2- it is a normal paper, other were talking about blue papers.
3- Other Montreal applicants got test invitation for 24/3, seems as i am in Quebec city, they appointed us to 22/4 so they can get enough applicants. heard that some applicant received a call to let them choose sooner date in Montreal or wait for the next date in Quebec city, any way it gives me 6 weeks to study.
4- some applicants in Montreal and Quebec had test and oath the same day and it was mentioned in the test invitation, which is not my case, i think it was early 2014 applicants so they can reduce their back logs and delays

krishnameister

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

Am Nov 2014 applicant n Good news here! :)

Just checked my ecas & excited to see my test invite line for Mar 27th @ 10.15 am Scarborough office.

FYI, my file got transferred to Scarborough local office on Feb 3, 2015

Good luck to all waiting for test invite!

As per ecas, they sent me letter on Mar 12th, ao hopefully I will get the same in the early next week!

Looking for some advise here, In my travel histrory, there are few trips to US by road and for those I can seen only exit / out bound stamps ( US border ) but not any in bound stamps when I came back to Canada!

I didnt order any CBSA Report as of now , do you think its mandatory ?

Thx

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know this process can be really daunting. The best policy here is patience (as long as you are in good standing everything will be fine).

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just had the 5th line that says about the test:

We sent you a notice on March 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 9, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I haven't received the letter though, but i guess need to start preparing.
Seems Montréal is moving, wish all going to tests good luck!

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishnameister said:
Hi Folks,

Am Nov 2014 applicant n Good news here! :)

Just checked my ecas & excited to see my test invite line for Mar 27th @ 10.15 am Scarborough office.

FYI, my file got transferred to Scarborough local office on Feb 3, 2015

Good luck to all waiting for test invite!

As per ecas, they sent me letter on Mar 12th, ao hopefully I will get the same in the early next week!

Looking for some advise here, In my travel histrory, there are few trips to US by road and for those I can seen only exit / out bound stamps ( US border ) but not any in bound stamps when I came back to Canada!

I didnt order any CBSA Report as of now , do you think its mandatory ?

Thx
CBSA report takes about 30 calendar days to arrive in your email inbox. Even if you order right now it most likely won't arrive in time before March 27th.
Just collect all documents that you have in hand when you applied and go, good luck!

Segalesh

Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You, yr97 and me have a same timeline. You both received your test date excepte me. :( .
I hope me to in this week. good luck!

jrjayl said:
Just had the 5th line that says about the test:

We sent you a notice on March 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 9, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I haven't received the letter though, but i guess need to start preparing.
Seems Montréal is moving, wish all going to tests good luck!

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Segalesh said:
You, yr97 and me have a same timeline. You both received your test date excepte me. :( .
I hope me to in this week. good luck!
Don't worry too much. In some cases the test letter just comes in your mailbox without eCAS being updated.
Everyone says the citizenship application is case by case but I think you'll receive it soon!