+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants on new routine (App no. C000XXXXX and email AOR)

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maysee said:
Hi all, New to this forum. Applied on 26 th sept , recieved on 29th sept by CIC . Received a Paper AOR and book by canada post today ,i mean about 1545 in the post, with App no. C000XXXXX. No ecas no e mail aor. called cic this morning and last week no trace of application in the call center database.

Wondering what is happening .......... can some one advise?? Thanks in advance.
It has only been two months and half. Wait at least another month...

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
Looks like they are pushing GTA applicants forward or are they ?

They keep saying more and switching to emails with C0000 type application no. etc and we continue to see people reporting that they applied well into Aug / Sep ...maybe even Oct and are receiving the letter in the mail with Disc. Canada book AND also able to see eCAS AND also seem to have In Process reflected.

What about the others with email AOR who cant see anything or don't know where their processing is ? Any insights guys on these trends emerging....??

Double standards or just early days when old and new systems are overlapping...don't quite know what to think :-\
I'm gonna say it is just CIC staffs practicing on us with the new application routine so those who received email will likely have a slow processing timeline including me ... but it might speed up once the case officer has understood how s/he needs to work on this new thing.
At this point, worrying can't resolve anything... just enjoy Xmas and check back in Jan.

Hera9

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
The question to also ask is:

Did EVERY SINGLE applicant who received the letter in the mail with Discover Canada book NOT give their email in the application or leave that field blank or reply N/A ?

The above logic sounds a bit dicey in the 21st century and also from a common sense perspective - if someone has an email address they are bound to give it/report it on the application !
I provided email address in my application but they didn't send AOR to my email. May be just randomly selected. The new routine may receive test date and oath faster if they send them via email. No postal service delays. Keep fingers crossed!!

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This was sent to me in response to my case specific enquiry today:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

We verified the information you provided. Please note that your application has been received on September 17, 2014. Your application number is: C0000XXXXX.

However, due to a technical difficulty with our e-Client Application Status online service, access to your citizenship application is not available. Unfortunately we are unable to restore it for the moment.

If you have any other questions regarding your application, please contact the CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
maysee said:
Hi all, New to this forum. Applied on 26 th sept , recieved on 29th sept by CIC . Received a Paper AOR and book by canada post today ,i mean about 1545 in the post, with App no. C000XXXXX. No ecas no e mail aor. called cic this morning and last week no trace of application in the call center database.

Wondering what is happening .......... can some one advise?? Thanks in advance.
Did you provide your email ID in the application.

My guess would be, your application fell into random unlucky inefficient so called new (C000XXX App#) routine. In this inefficient routine they would have to send email AOR. Since you did not provide the email ID they have sent it in Canada post.

Unomas

Nov 17, 2014
Sent application > sept 15
Application received > sept 19
Received an email nov 20 Cxxxxxx
And nothing ever since so i called cic i spoke with this guy he was helpful he told me that application is in the office and that they are just. Waiting for clearance he transferred me. To this other office where they would give me more info and that lady. That pick.up Was. So. Rude and helpless all she. Said. Is. That she cant. Tell me anything at this Time and that their waiting. For clearance i said ok sounds good. Anyways Then i check my ecaz and all i see is my old permanent resident card process Is this normal ? Oh boy

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
does anyone know someone who had the Email AOR and had some progress going on their application or even got their test dates or something ?

maysee

Dec 9, 2014
Did you provide your email ID in the application.

My guess would be, your application fell into random unlucky inefficient so called new (C000XXX App#) routine. In this inefficient routine they would have to send email AOR. Since you did not provide the email ID they have sent it in Canada post.

Yes I have provided Email address, and the call center agent confirmed the email address. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think almost all the files under e-mail AOR still with CPC Sydney. For my case, the officer assigned for background check which was due on Oct 2 and I called this morning still not initiated. So, e-mail AOR applicant may find 2-3 month longer processing time than regular mail AOR applicant.

hehemie2

Aug 4, 2011
rayman_m said:
I think almost all the files under e-mail AOR still with CPC Sydney. For my case, the officer assigned for background check which was due on Oct 2 and I called this morning still not initiated. So, e-mail AOR applicant may find 2-3 month longer processing time than regular mail AOR applicant.
Then I can draw a conclusion that they put the files on hold intentionally for unknown reason. In my rough guess, they will wait until sometime next year, maybe January, and start practising and working on our cases in the new process exclusively.

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am closely watching July applicants as many got email AOR. Regular July applicants are starting to get test dates. Lets see any with email AOR get test dates by mail as this is critical. Anyone with email AOR with news please update us ASAP.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
From speaking to an IT agent who I was transferred to by the regular Call Centre Agent I learned that they are doing a major upgrade to a new system. I was told they are in the middle of testing etc etc and originally should have been ready in Dec...but is def being worked on furiously so people can see their e-CAS in Jan or so...

I think with all the changes coming the BACK END is changing in a big way or quite a bit which is why all these changes and wait..also with all the other programs etc (Express Entry...etc etc etc)....it appears they are doing a major overhaul to be FASTER and MORE RESPONSIVE.

The IT desk agent said they improving functionality to do this and that and make it more user friendly and robust...

Good Things come to those who wait.... :) :)

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
From speaking to an IT agent who I was transferred to by the regular Call Centre Agent I learned that they are doing a major upgrade to a new system. I was told they are in the middle of testing etc etc and originally should have been ready in Dec...but is def being worked on furiously so people can see their e-CAS in Jan or so...

I think with all the changes coming the BACK END is changing in a big way or quite a bit which is why all these changes and wait..also with all the other programs etc (Express Entry...etc etc etc)....it appears they are doing a major overhaul to be FASTER and MORE RESPONSIVE.

The IT desk agent said they improving functionality to do this and that and make it more user friendly and robust...

Thanks sounds promising...

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:

At least we know someone is looking at it :)
January it is, I'll not start complaining by then.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
At least we know someone is looking at it :)
January it is, I'll not start complaining by then.
Just called the agent and she mentioned that due to an internal system change, those who got email has not been updated in the system yet. But the processing time with regards to people getting email and paper remains the same. She also mentioned that there is not definite time frame when our applications will start showing up in the ecas.

Regards,
Chandra