+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants in "ALL GREEN ZONE" awaiting CEREMONY

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
I applied from Toronto. Probably Mississauga Office is treating my process. I got LPP on June 30th. Oath In process since July 13. In-person Oath ceremony scheduled July 25.
Mississauga Office here as well. My LPP Was completed on June 23, but still no oath invitation. Its so frustrating to see everyone around here getting oath invites within a week or 2 of completing LPP.

Reactions: Ghess23

Jaz999

Star Member
Sep 19, 2022
Mississauga Office here as well. My LPP Was completed on June 23, but still no oath invitation. Its so frustrating to see everyone around here getting oath invites within a week or 2 of completing LPP.
My LPP competed from 12 April 2023 still waiting oath not start
Mississauga office
Any advice

Cancitizenapp2022

Star Member
Jan 2, 2022
Here's an interesting perspective on the situation. I was discussing this with a friend who works on case processing, though not specifically for immigration. He mentioned that the process tends to be smoother when they handle cases in batches.

If you request your case notes, you might notice that your citizenship has already been granted once your LPP is completed. You may also find that you were assigned to a specific group mentioned in the notes.

Now, this is just pure speculation, with the latest news that IRCC is moving towards a 'priority cohorts' system, makes me think that some offices might already be using a mix of cohort-based batch processing and single FIFO (First In, First Out) processing.

If you're processed as a single case in FIFO, you're probably assigned an oath date as soon as your LPP is done, and they likely fit you into the first available oath date. However, it's possible that some offices also use the cohort system, where they wait for the entire cohort's LPPs to finish. Once all the processing for that cohort is complete, they probably assign the entire group a single oath date together.

So essentially, if you're in a cohort, you have to wait for everyone's LPPs to finish within your group, then wait for an opening on the oath calendar for your group, and only then will you get assigned an oath date. This could explain why some people get their oath date immediately, while others, like many of us, seem to have to wait somewhat arbitrarily. It might also clarify why some offices, particularly the less busy ones, give out oath dates quickly, while busier ones like the SCR office tend to assign oath dates much later. It probably also explains why the same office sometimes hands out oath dates earlier or later in the year to certain people. Because it all depends on how busy the office was, and if you were assigned to a cohort or the FIFO system, the proportion of which I think changes depending on seasonality and incoming cases to the office.

Again pure speculation, but it does explain some of the observations, and if its true, this basically means that once your LPP is complete, just sit back and relax. You probably can't control anything at this point, you just have to wait till a spot in the oath calendar opens up for you.
Hi I recently received my notes. where would it say if ive been assigned to a group?

Thanks in advance for you help :)

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Niagara Office
Test completed June 19
LPP July 27
Oath not started.

hoping for a quick date although I shouldn’t complain as I know many of you have been waiting a long time. Here is to all of us getting one in August:)

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hey everyone, i posted here when i was waiting for oath so i’ll post an update.
LPP: june 27th
Oath: July 28, scheduled for August 10th (didnt show on tracker till this morning, augudt 1st)

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Hey everyone, i posted here when i was waiting for oath so i’ll post an update.
LPP: june 27th
Oath: July 28, scheduled for August 10th (didnt show on tracker till this morning, augudt 1st)
yay! Congratulations and thank you for the update!

Fair_Enough

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Waiting for the good news.

Office: Scarborough
Test Taken: 19 May 2023
Test Marked Completed on the Tracker: 23 May 2023
Language Skills Completed: 24 July 2023
Prohibitions Completed: 24 July 2023
Physical Presence Completed: 25 July 2023
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started.

Reactions: Di2882

SunshineJA

May 19, 2019
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston,JA
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
File Transfer...
04-09-2019
Med's Request
19-08-2019
Med's Done....
28-08-2019
Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020
March 2023 applicant.
Got LPP july 17, no DM on ecas though

……… waiting for OATH

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Reading through a few posts on this thread makes me feel that I am being very impatient. But nevertheless it is making me nervous that Oath is in 'not started' status.

An applicant from the same office as me had his Oath update to 'in progress' at the same time as his LPP updated to 'Completed'.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Reading through a few posts on this thread makes me feel that I am being very impatient. But nevertheless it is making me nervous that Oath is in 'not started' status.

An applicant from the same office as me had his Oath update to 'in progress' at the same time as his LPP updated to 'Completed'.
Join the club brother. It's frustrating but it is what it is. LPP completed since June 23 and I'm seeing Mississauga send out oath invites to people who's LPP completed as recent as end of July.

Hang in there, it's coming.

Reactions: krishere1982

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018

You applied in April and are already at the waiting for oath stage?? Wow lucky you!!

Reactions: krishere1982