+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants in "ALL GREEN ZONE" awaiting CEREMONY

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Paper application at the Calgary office. LPP completed on July 7th.
Don’t have the tracker so can’t see if oath is in progress yet. I tried calling to ask and was given the textbook answer, she said “everything is in process on my file” which doesn’t make sense to me because I have Decision Made on ECAS. So I’m hoping she meant the oath is in process.
Looking at spreadsheets from past few months and Calgary office trends, I could get my oath invite tomorrow or a month from now, I’m just hoping I have enough time to schedule childcare if needed.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Paper application at the Calgary office. LPP completed on July 7th.
Don’t have the tracker so can’t see if oath is in progress yet. I tried calling to ask and was given the textbook answer, she said “everything is in process on my file” which doesn’t make sense to me because I have Decision Made on ECAS. So I’m hoping she meant the oath is in process.
Looking at spreadsheets from past few months and Calgary office trends, I could get my oath invite tomorrow or a month from now, I’m just hoping I have enough time to schedule childcare if needed.
Why tracker not working for you?

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Why tracker not working for you?
I have a representative so I never bothered to make a tracker account. To make one now I’d have to send the code to my rep. I feel like I’ve already annoyed him enough and I’m at the end of everything so not worth making one when I can use ECAS and can see DM there. Only benefit is seeing oath date early and confirming when everything was passed.

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Guys, give us some update, i got my LPP done June 27th and havent got oath yet, is it normal? Montreal office

A$A$S$

Jan 29, 2023
Guys, give us some update, i got my LPP done June 27th and havent got oath yet, is it normal? Montreal office
Mine has been like that since May 9, Decision made and LPP was completed.
No invitation for oath ceremony yet and i have an event outside Canada and my worry is a clash of dates.

trapper20

Jul 7, 2023
Here's an interesting perspective on the situation. I was discussing this with a friend who works on case processing, though not specifically for immigration. He mentioned that the process tends to be smoother when they handle cases in batches.

If you request your case notes, you might notice that your citizenship has already been granted once your LPP is completed. You may also find that you were assigned to a specific group mentioned in the notes.

Now, this is just pure speculation, with the latest news that IRCC is moving towards a 'priority cohorts' system, makes me think that some offices might already be using a mix of cohort-based batch processing and single FIFO (First In, First Out) processing.

If you're processed as a single case in FIFO, you're probably assigned an oath date as soon as your LPP is done, and they likely fit you into the first available oath date. However, it's possible that some offices also use the cohort system, where they wait for the entire cohort's LPPs to finish. Once all the processing for that cohort is complete, they probably assign the entire group a single oath date together.

So essentially, if you're in a cohort, you have to wait for everyone's LPPs to finish within your group, then wait for an opening on the oath calendar for your group, and only then will you get assigned an oath date. This could explain why some people get their oath date immediately, while others, like many of us, seem to have to wait somewhat arbitrarily. It might also clarify why some offices, particularly the less busy ones, give out oath dates quickly, while busier ones like the SCR office tend to assign oath dates much later. It probably also explains why the same office sometimes hands out oath dates earlier or later in the year to certain people. Because it all depends on how busy the office was, and if you were assigned to a cohort or the FIFO system, the proportion of which I think changes depending on seasonality and incoming cases to the office.

Again pure speculation, but it does explain some of the observations, and if its true, this basically means that once your LPP is complete, just sit back and relax. You probably can't control anything at this point, you just have to wait till a spot in the oath calendar opens up for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghess23

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Here's an interesting perspective on the situation. I was discussing this with a friend who works on case processing, though not specifically for immigration. He mentioned that the process tends to be smoother when they handle cases in batches.

If you request your case notes, you might notice that your citizenship has already been granted once your LPP is completed. You may also find that you were assigned to a specific group mentioned in the notes.

Now, this is just pure speculation, with the latest news that IRCC is moving towards a 'priority cohorts' system, makes me think that some offices might already be using a mix of cohort-based batch processing and single FIFO (First In, First Out) processing.

If you're processed as a single case in FIFO, you're probably assigned an oath date as soon as your LPP is done, and they likely fit you into the first available group. However, it's possible that some offices also use the cohort system, where they wait for the entire cohort's LPPs to finish. Once all the processing for that cohort is complete, they probably assign the entire group a single oath date together.

So essentially, if you're in a cohort, you have to wait for everyone's LPPs to finish within your group, then wait for an opening on the oath calendar for your group, and only then will you get assigned an oath date. This could explain why some people get their oath date immediately, while others, like many of us, seem to have to wait somewhat arbitrarily. It might also clarify why some offices, particularly the less busy ones, give out oath dates quickly, while busier ones like the SCR office tend to assign oath dates much later. It probably also explains why the same office sometimes hands out oath dates earlier or later in the year to certain people. Because it all depends on how busy the office was, and if you were assigned to a cohort or the FIFO system, the proportion of which I think changes depending on seasonality and incoming cases to the office.

Again pure speculation, but it does explain some of the observations, and if its true, this basically means that once your LPP is complete, just sit back and relax. You probably can't control anything at this point, you just have to wait till a spot in the oath calendar opens up for you.
I mean you can’t control much at any point haha you just sit back wait and provide anything they ask for. I dont know, you might be right and you might be wrong all i know is some people applied after me and have oath date already or are citizens and then there is me and at lesst another person who has almost exact same timeline and we’re still waiting

m1980

Jun 20, 2011
how long does it take to get the oath invite after all going green
I am in the same or worse boat. I am Dec 2021 applicant and my LPP was completed on June 12, 2023. I am still waiting for the oath invite. I emailed back the test invite email from the Vancouver office. West Citizenship EApp / Eapp OUEST Citoyennete (IRCC) <IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>;
and I got auto-reply saying
You will NOT receive a response to your enquiry via this email.

Does anyone know the correct email address of the Vancouver office? I am not sure if my oath invite comes from the same office as the test invite. Does emailing them prompt the case at all?

janepham

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018

If you're processed as a single case in FIFO, you're probably assigned an oath date as soon as your LPP is done, and they likely fit you into the first available oath date. However, it's possible that some offices also use the cohort system, where they wait for the entire cohort's LPPs to finish. Once all the processing for that cohort is complete, they probably assign the entire group a single oath date together.

How do they select a cohort to put people into?

janepham

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
My LPP turned green on July 4, Niagara Falls office. Hopefully will receive the oath invite soon *fingers crossed*

Jaz999

Star Member
Sep 19, 2022
Still waiting Oath Mississauga office
My time line

Jan 17, 2022 Application filed
Oct 24, 2022 Fingerprints required
Nov 2, 2022 Fingerprint results: Received
Nov 3, 2022 Activity status updated: Background verification
Mar 14, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Mar 20, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

Apr 12, 2023 Interview required

Apr 12, 2023Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
Apr 12, 2023 Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
Apr 12, 2023 Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

Last Updated:April 14, 2023
My question when approximately time for Oath
Any one like me ?

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Another week goes by without updates after LPP update on 13th! Any luck anyone?
I checked the tracker last Friday (July 14) evening and there was no update. Saturday (July 15) morning I checked again and Oath was In process! So, the game is not over because it is Friday!!! My LPP was completed in June 30.

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
I applied from Toronto. Probably Mississauga Office is treating my process. I got LPP on June 30th. Oath In process since July 13. In-person Oath ceremony scheduled July 25.