+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

Vicky 123

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hello Everyone
I am a Sri Lankan immigrant in Toronto studying and writing about spousal migration to Canada in the last 10 years. Would anyone be willing to participate in an interview and share your experiences with Express Entry and spousal applications please? Your name/information will not be revealed. It will take about 30-45 minutes; you will receive an honorarium for your time. Please reply to this message and I will send more information about this work.
Thanks in advance!

ronin_lk

Nov 16, 2018
Hi,

I did my BCS Diploma in IT without project and BSc. Top up degree from E Soft. Can I claim points for two or more certs, dips, degrees category. What would be the WES ECA result?
Thanks in advance

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi friends,
Can anyone shed some light on taking money from Sri lanka when we leave as migrants. How much do they allow at Katunayaka airport. We are a family of five with kids.
And how to transfer our saving after we land in Canada and setup an account.
I am sure there are people who have experience here. Please advise.
Thanks in advance

niruhan

Nov 2, 2020
Hi,

Is there anyone who got WES assessment for MSc IT degree from ICBT (Cardiff Metropolitan University degree)?

It is not listed under UK on WES website.

Thanks in Advance

Nash87

Nov 14, 2020
Hi anyone done common wealth executive mba(CEMBA) and got it evaluated from WES. did they equate it to an MBA. plz reply

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Seniors need your help! I have lodged my ee application already. Just want to know how IRCC verifies employment in srilanka. Is it done through the Canadian high commission in Colombo? Do they make site visits or is it just a phone call?

Aruni88

Nov 20, 2020
Hello,
Can somebody please inbox me who already successfully received PR ? I received my ITA and need to clarify some doubts before submitting documents.
TIA

Ds79

Dec 3, 2020
Has anyone here got WES evaluation for CIM diploma? If so, please let me know what the evaluation was? This is for Level 6 Diploma. TIA
I just got mine back. Viewed as one semester undergraduate certificate :( somebody else I know got the same qualification and had it assesed by WES as 2 year diploma! Did you get any feedback?

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
I just got mine back. Viewed as one semester undergraduate certificate :( somebody else I know got the same qualification and had it assesed by WES as 2 year diploma! Did you get any feedback?
Strange! I'd suggest dropping WES a mail to find out why this happened and maybe try to get it revised. Else, you can try IQAS or another company.

As for me, I opted to complete my certificate in CIMA BA. Got it back as one year college level certificate.

Thilinidal

Dec 9, 2020
Hi. I just received my WES evaluation as: Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)
Does this mean that I am eligible under the education criteria of "Two or more certificates, diploma or degrees" or "Bachelors Degree" when I am creating my EE profile?
Hi. I just received my WES evaluation as: Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)
Does this mean that I am eligible under the education criteria of "Two or more certificates, diploma or degrees" or "Bachelors Degree" when I am creating my EE profile?
Hi prashan, can you please share your wes report, I also have a similar question , I have two qualification , one as three year degree and other as 3.5 years professional study, but under that it has a remark saying it is not equivalent to a complete Canadian education

Thilinidal

Dec 9, 2020
Hi, you have to get your transcripts for all the 3 years from Law college and you have to send it to WES along with a copy of your attorney certificate. I got mine done in last September.
Dear Kaveesha , did your qualification get recognised by Wes ? Because we applied and my husbands report has a remark saying it is not equivalent to Canadian completed credential. Much appreciate your feedback.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Dear all.
Is there anyone here who has got the driving extracts from Werahera RMV. before landing in Canada.
Tried contacting the office but couldn't get hold of them.

Can someone tell me the procedure.

Can I get this done in a single visit ?
What should I take with me to get the extracts. Is only the Driving license enough ?
Which office should I visit ?
Do I need to take an appointment ?
After getting the extract, do I need to get it certified from the Canadian high commission too ? What's the procedure

Can someone please help. much appreciated

Thanks

Reactions: Kathik2

Shree_365

Jan 1, 2020
Hi,
I completed my HND and Degree in Esoft. HND certificate is from Pearson and Degree certificate is from London Metropolitan university. While applying in WES do i have to mention United Kingdom in Country of Study? If i mention Sri Lanka and if i choose Esoft as institution it says "WES does not evaluate academic records from ESOFT at this time. Do not include this credential in your application. If included, this will cause a delay in processing your evaluation report. "

Do you know whether they can validate the degree from E-Soft. I would highly appreciate if someone can help me on this.

Thanks,
Shree.

Aruni88

Nov 20, 2020
hi Shree_365,
I did my Masters through a partner collage too. I used university name and location while mentioning that I studied through partner a partner collage here in Sri Lanka. As per my knowledge you should include the institute which you receive the transcripts and certificates.