+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

jayson_mires

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi
What does he do?is heSri Lankan? And is he offering free service ?
He is a minister in Canada. I dont know whether he still replies, but in the past people were writing to him as he is able to find basic information about your application status-replies back.

Not sure if he still does.

Reactions: KGS43

las88

Oct 30, 2018
I finally received my GCMS notes which took around one month. According to the notes everything is in order and all the parts are checked off as meeting the criteria and the case officer notes also say that he\she is satisfied with the provided information. It seems like they have allocated my application for the finalization. But don't know when I will receive the PPR. I'm going to complete 10th month end of January.

Anyone has an idea whether Sri Lankan applications are getting approved for PPR or it's getting delayed?

Thanks in advance...

jayson_mires

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
You and are in an identical position. My AOR is early April which makes it 9 months for me.

I guess we are in the minority. Most applications lodged around our time (March-May), ppl have already gotten PPR.

I also applied for GCMS notes, and there arent any negatives there. Yet i havent moved beyond IP1 from April. Having written to them, they encouraged to contact local visa office in Colombo-which i also did (And you can also do). They confirmed the application is in queue awaiting review by officer. But nothing beyond that.

I have tried calling several times, and almost every instance the call terminates as they are unable to transfer to agent-so its just an automated service which reveals nothing new.

I presume a re-medical is likely if there arent major issues with the application.

las88

Oct 30, 2018
You and are in an identical position. My AOR is early April which makes it 9 months for me.

I guess we are in the minority. Most applications lodged around our time (March-May), ppl have already gotten PPR.

I also applied for GCMS notes, and there arent any negatives there. Yet i havent moved beyond IP1 from April. Having written to them, they encouraged to contact local visa office in Colombo-which i also did (And you can also do). They confirmed the application is in queue awaiting review by officer. But nothing beyond that.

I have tried calling several times, and almost every instance the call terminates as they are unable to transfer to agent-so its just an automated service which reveals nothing new.

I presume a re-medical is likely if there arent major issues with the application.
Sorry to hear that and I really do understand the situation.
Have you traveled extensively?

jayson_mires

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Not extensively, but a reasonable bit because i studied and worked overseas. But cant see it being the reason behind the hold up as it doesnt even say that background check etc started.

Have you written to Canadian High Commission?

las88

Oct 30, 2018
Not extensively, but a reasonable bit because i studied and worked overseas. But cant see it being the reason behind the hold up as it doesnt even say that background check etc started.

Have you written to Canadian High Commission?
Same here. I studied and worked overseas.
Actually I haven't written to the high commission because I felt it's not required as they haven't received the application too. But according to the GCMS notes, my background check is completed.

jayson_mires

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Same here. I studied and worked overseas.
Actually I haven't written to the high commission because I felt it's not required as they haven't received the application too. But according to the GCMS notes, my background check is completed.
If you use to the general inquiry form they will indicate whether the file is in Colombo or not. If background check is complete-then are they doing your eligibility?

Youre lucky-at least your background is done. And for that i think your application is probably here already.

In my case-they say we havent started your background check yet-after 9 months!

las88

Oct 30, 2018
In the GCMS notes it is indicated that the eligibility, ME and Criminality is Passed under Assessment. So I feel they have allocated my file for further processing and maybe a processing delay.

I think you should request the comprehensive GCMS notes to know what is actually happening.

moonpie92

Dec 27, 2018
Hi all,

I'm currently trying to apply for the police clearance online and it's driving me crazy! As I understand, they're requesting for time periods (since birth) where I've left and arrived to Sri Lanka. Since I've travelled a lot, I gathered all my passports and made an excel sheet of my landing/arrival time stamps...however my oldest passport seems to be missing some stamps and the dates just don't make sense to me.

I have 2 questions...

1) Is it necessary to be super specific/accurate about dates in and out of Sri Lanka before the age of 18?
2) Is it necessary to input dates for short trips/vacation for the pcc?

Would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on this. Thank you!

jayson_mires

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
I recall in our application we only included dates out of Sri Lanka when we lived abroad for a long period of time. Not holidays or short visits abroad.