+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

Vaseeni

Dec 11, 2018
I recall in our application we only included dates out of Sri Lanka when we lived abroad for a long period of time. Not holidays or short visits abroad.
Hi. I have a similar background. Studied in UK for over an year. Do we also need to apply and obtain a police certificate from the country we lived in - in my case UK?

Or would a police certificate from Sri Lanka alone (including the period of stay outside SL) suffice?

jayson_mires

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
You need from UK and wherever you have resided for over 6-7 months (I forgot the exact period or number of days). One of my friends never lived in Singapore, but because his relation was there, so he visited continuously over the years-each time maybe for a week or two. Because accumulated it almost amounted to 200 days he needed to get police clearance from there.

Vaseeni

Dec 11, 2018
You need from UK and wherever you have resided for over 6-7 months (I forgot the exact period or number of days). One of my friends never lived in Singapore, but because his relation was there, so he visited continuously over the years-each time maybe for a week or two. Because accumulated it almost amounted to 200 days he needed to get police clearance from there.
Oh I see. Thank you! I need to start working on getting a PC from UK then.

upeks.89

Jan 20, 2019
Hi,
We are trying to apply for PR in Canada without an agent. Sent documents to WES for ECA. My university is University of Kelaniya and my husbands one is university of Colombo.

WES timeline
Documents received 14/01
We received your documents. We are reviewing your documents. Evaluation in progress 20/01.

How long does it take to get the ECA? Does it really take 20 business days?
Also is it ok to do the process without an agent?

upeks.89

Jan 20, 2019
WES takes a while. A month minimum. IQAS takes 3+ months.
A month from the date they receive the documents ? That’s a long time. The other thing I’m concerned about is getting a proper work experience letter from my company. My NOC is 6313. Is there any website that feature sample letters?

anu1990

Feb 13, 2018
CRS Score - 471
AOR Date - 21st Jan
My application went straight to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Medical status has not been updated yet. I guess these IP1/IP2 Stages doesn't always follow a particular pattern.

anu1990

Feb 13, 2018
A month from the date they receive the documents ? That’s a long time. The other thing I’m concerned about is getting a proper work experience letter from my company. My NOC is 6313. Is there any website that feature sample letters?
Yes there are enough youtube videos regarding what to be added in the reference letter. There is no proper format but it should be in Company letter head and include all the information IRCC request. Get a hold of a superior who can give you this letter in your company. It can be your your boss or HR manager. Don't worry people are willing to help if you explain your requirement.

upeks.89

Jan 20, 2019
Yes there are enough youtube videos regarding what to be added in the reference letter. There is no proper format but it should be in Company letter head and include all the information IRCC request. Get a hold of a superior who can give you this letter in your company. It can be your your boss or HR manager. Don't worry people are willing to help if you explain your requirement.
Thanks a lot. I already saw some just that there wasn’t any one with my NOC number. I understand it should be the same format. Will start on it after I receive WES.

upeks.89

Jan 20, 2019
Also is there anyone who has done TEF to score marks for the second language. I’m sort of using French for my job so i can manage it. I’m planning to do TEF. With IELTS I only have 438 CRS points ( I haven’t got my WES ECA yet.) Has anyone scored more marks from TEF. TEF takes a long time for the results to come. Don’t know if that’s a waste of time and money.

jessy_tim

Dec 18, 2018
Hi,
Please, can anyone explain me the procedure to get a transcript from the University of Colombo for ECA? Is there a particular website that I can request UOC or is it by person.I'm currently living outside Srilanka. It would be a great help if you can assist me.

upeks.89

Jan 20, 2019
Hi,
Please, can anyone explain me the procedure to get a transcript from the University of Colombo for ECA? Is there a particular website that I can request UOC or is it by person.I'm currently living outside Srilanka. It would be a great help if you can assist me.
My husband got it from UCSC. There’s a form in the examination department. You have to pay 100 rps at the shroff counter and handover the completed form with the payment slip. It takes approx 10 days for them to issue it. They know how exactly to give the envelope

Reactions: jessy_tim

upeks.89

Jan 20, 2019
I
My husband got it from UCSC. There’s a form in the examination department. You have to pay 100 rps at the shroff counter and handover the completed form with the payment slip. It takes approx 10 days for them to issue it. They know how exactly to give the envelope
i think you can also ask somebody from your family to get it done for you. Even if you are not there. It helps if you have your student number and a copy of the transcript to attach with the completed form.

Reactions: jessy_tim

jessy_tim

Dec 18, 2018
I

i think you can also ask somebody from your family to get it done for you. Even if you are not there. It helps if you have your student number and a copy of the transcript to attach with the completed form.
Thank you so much upeks for the prompt reply and information.I really appreciate it :)