+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

upeks.89

Jan 20, 2019
One more quick question did you collect it from the University or did u ask UOC to send the transcript directly to WES? Thank u
We collected from the UOC and DHLed together with my transcripts. We wanted to send it soon and weren’t sure how long they will take to post. You could say it’s a urgent and they somehow issued the doc within a week.

Reactions: jessy_tim

jessy_tim

Dec 18, 2018
We collected from the UOC and DHLed together with my transcripts. We wanted to send it soon and weren’t sure how long they will take to post. You could say it’s a urgent and they somehow issued the doc within a week.
Thank you so much !!!

upeks.89

Jan 20, 2019
Also is there anyone who has done TEF to score marks for the second language. I’m sort of using French for my job so i can manage it. I’m planning to do TEF. With IELTS I only have 438 CRS points ( I haven’t got my WES ECA yet.) Has anyone scored more marks from TEF. TEF takes a long time for the results to come. Don’t know if that’s a waste of time and money.
No one has done TEF?

anu1990

Feb 13, 2018
No one has done TEF?
I guess no one. But doing TEF will get you the opportunity to get selected under PNP Programs in Ontario for french speaking Skilled immigrants. You can check Ontario website for this. So Try doing TEF it is Obviously worth it if it can raise the overall score. Or if you have only a Bachelor degree, Try completing a one year Diploma from a recognised institution. You can get selected to "two or more qualifications" and raise your CRS Score.

ScorpianSL

Jan 29, 2019
Hello everybody, I just signed up. I truly am a newbie here
I am 34 years old degree(SLIIT) holder with 7+ working experience. My CRS total is 426 as per a crs online tool.
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp)

1. Is the tool accurate (approximately)? Has anyone here used it before ?
I just need to self evaluate before I start with entry process

2. Is Sun Certificate (SCJP) valid/considered as a certificate? Can I pick "Two or more certificates ..." option for level of education?

3. Can you please suggest any short term certificate I can complete within 1 year which has successfully considered for CRS? IT or project management would be better

Thank you in advance.

upeks.89

Jan 20, 2019
I guess no one. But doing TEF will get you the opportunity to get selected under PNP Programs in Ontario for french speaking Skilled immigrants. You can check Ontario website for this. So Try doing TEF it is Obviously worth it if it can raise the overall score. Or if you have only a Bachelor degree, Try completing a one year Diploma from a recognised institution. You can get selected to "two or more qualifications" and raise your CRS Score.
on CRS calculator it adds extra marks for TEF. 4 marks minimum i think. A post grad will take time so I’m going for TEF. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Reactions: anu1990

Kathik2

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-08-2019
IELTS Request
CLB10
I am 34 years old degree(SLIIT) holder with 7+ working experience. My CRS total is 426 as per a crs online tool.

2. Is Sun Certificate (SCJP) valid/considered as a certificate? Can I pick "Two or more certificates ..." option for level of education?

3. Can you please suggest any short term certificate I can complete within 1 year which has successfully considered for CRS? IT or project management would be better

Thank you in advance.
Tool is accurate. adont mean to demotivate you but 426 chances are less. Try to improve your score.

Reactions: ScorpianSL

anu1990

Feb 13, 2018

Thank you in advance.
Yes CRS score is accurate. I agree with the above, since your age is 34 you cant make it to the tier breaking score unless you have an MBA or 2 or more post-secondary qualifications. If your IELTS scores meet the criteria, try improving your educational backround. You can try any diploma of one year from NIBM. But before that calculate your score with the same and exact age when you complete it. If the certificate you mentioned is a one year programme please try sending that for ECA as well.

ScorpianSL

Jan 29, 2019
Thank you Karthik2 and anu1990 for your suggestions. I have chances to improve score upto 442 by achieving higher IELTS score. Will it stand a chance? (426 was the worst case scenario)

Reactions: anu1990

ScorpianSL

Jan 29, 2019
@Heshan
Hi heshan, going through the thread I got to know that you are a QA engineer same as myself. :)
Could you give me some tips on improving CRS score? Sitting on IELTS this month. Hypothetically speaking, with IELTS 7.5 I might score 442. If you don't mind I would like to know your score as well.

I am still on the edge deciding whether go forward with PRP, considering my age factor. I will be 34 by this May. At what stage they do calculate age? If it's 34 years and (n) months, will it be considered as 35?

Expecting suggestions/replies from any member :)

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
@Heshan
Hi heshan, going through the thread I got to know that you are a QA engineer same as myself. :)
Could you give me some tips on improving CRS score? Sitting on IELTS this month. Hypothetically speaking, with IELTS 7.5 I might score 442. If you don't mind I would like to know your score as well.

I am still on the edge deciding whether go forward with PRP, considering my age factor. I will be 34 by this May. At what stage they do calculate age? If it's 34 years and (n) months, will it be considered as 35?

Expecting suggestions/replies from any member :)
Please see my signature. It contains all the important milestones / dates including IELTS scores...:)

The system automatically lock the details once you've got the invitation to apply. So, the same rule applies to the age factor as well. Until next year May, your age will be considered as 34.

To improve your CRS, first try to achieve 8,7,7,7 for IELTS with 8 for listening. Anything over and above will boost your CRS Score. If you have an MBA or an MSc that will also help to increase your CRS. Other than that, if you've a Canadian Diploma, Canadadian Work Experience or if you've a brother or sister lives in Canada, it will help you in improving CRS.

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018

Thank you in advance.
1. Yes, accurate. Check for below link for a detailed CRS Score.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html
2. Unfortunately not. SCJP is a professional qualification. Only academic qualifications are valid for CRS points calculation.
3. You can go for a one year Diploma in any field, whatever you like. Just you need to complete it which offered by a recognized institute.

As far as I think, if you can improve your IELTS score, you can definitely increase the chances of getting an invitation. It is really the deciding factor in Canada Immigration.