Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
Hi,

Is anyone who got assessed their CIMA Advanced Diploma got assessed with WES?

qwertySL

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-06-2018
Passport Req..
21-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2019
I checked with the university and they actually placed the transcripts in the brown envelope. No second envelope. But I stressed on how important it is to adhere to WES requirements (which I did anyway when ordering the transcripts) and this time they agreed to resend it in the required way, if I could return back the transcripts. That’s a good thing as I don’t have to pay for it again phew. Fingers crossed they don’t mess it up this time.

Ordering transcripts from some foreign universities is such a stressful process :(
Hi, I ordered my Bachelors transcripts from a UK University. They had a method to send the transcripts directly to WES. Are you absolutely sure that ur university doesn't have a method to send transcripts to WES?

qwertySL

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-06-2018
Passport Req..
21-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2019
Hi guys, what's the best place to take IELTS at? I have attempted IELTS about four times and gotten band 8 in all four times but have come down by .5 either in reading or writing in all 4 times :( Please give me some tips.

Thanks a billion!
As per my experience, if you want to score high in Speaking, IDP is the best. But they dont give marks for writing, very rarely they give above 7.5. I would recommend ACBT. Their marking is kind of fair. If you can go to the IELTS class in ACBT, so they will make you do alot of papers.

anu1990

Feb 13, 2018
Hi guys, what's the best place to take IELTS at? I have attempted IELTS about four times and gotten band 8 in all four times but have come down by .5 either in reading or writing in all 4 times :( Please give me some tips.

Thanks a billion!
It took me 7 times to get a 7 in writing for IELTS. same Story like you. For reading, you can improve your score by doing pastpapers under exam conditions. But for writing, you really have to improve grammar mistakes. Don't write too long sentences. My advice is to go to this site IELTSAdvantage.com. Download their free material. Follow the essay structures it has given. If you still get a 6.5 after correcting grammar and following the structure, then apply for a re-correction. that's how I got a 7 in the Writing module, overall was a 8.5 though.

KGS43

Jan 1, 2019
I'm doing eveything on my own, thanks to this forum. I'll be submitting my epf balance confirmation and the screenshot of the epf office website where it says that u can withdraw the funds when u migrate
Hi was this accepted by visa officeror did they ask for anything else ?

qwertySL

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-06-2018
Passport Req..
21-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2019

jessy_tim

Dec 18, 2018
Hi Gamage,
What is the procedure to apply for transcript to be sent to WES from UOC? I'm currently living outside Srilanka.

Thanks

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Guys,

Question - If the diploma/degree was done in SL but was offered from an institute in UK, when filling the EE profile what should be mentioned under education history?

Vaseeni

Dec 11, 2018
Hi, I ordered my Bachelors transcripts from a UK University. They had a method to send the transcripts directly to WES. Are you absolutely sure that ur university doesn't have a method to send transcripts to WES?
Actually, they do. It’s just I somehow didn’t trust my university to send the transcripts to WES as per their requirements. Guess I was right.

Btw, received the transcripts at last from my university again, sealed, signed and all. Gonna send it to WES. :D