+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

Sandaruwan

Oct 26, 2017
Hey Guys,

is this thread active? I want to know the process of getting police clearance from SL for me and my wife. We are currently not in SL.

TIA guys.

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Hey Guys,

is this thread active? I want to know the process of getting police clearance from SL for me and my wife. We are currently not in SL.

TIA guys.
Hi, you can apply for police clearance certificate online via https://eservices.police.lk/ClearanceCertificate/home.action
Mention the dates you stayed in Sri Lanka since birth.
I applied 2 days ago for me and my wife, we too are living outside Sri Lanka. Today I got a call from home that police officers came for enquiry.

What is your CRS score? I am on 438

Reactions: ruka

Sandaruwan

Oct 26, 2017
Hi, you can apply for police clearance certificate online via https://eservices.police.lk/ClearanceCertificate/home.action
Mention the dates you stayed in Sri Lanka since birth.
I applied 2 days ago for me and my wife, we too are living outside Sri Lanka. Today I got a call from home that police officers came for enquiry.

What is your CRS score? I am on 438
Hi,

What should I mention in the below-mentioned fields? I don't have an ITA yet. Just planning ahead. I can see that there are two addresses for Canada.

"Reference high commission/embassy/consulate:"

Thank you.

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Hi,

What should I mention in the below-mentioned fields? I don't have an ITA yet. Just planning ahead. I can see that there are two addresses for Canada.

"Reference high commission/embassy/consulate:"

Thank you.
I am applying from Saudi, therefore I filled "Embassy of Canada, Riyadh" in the above mentioned field. I applied for mine and my wife's separately.
I am also waiting eagerly for ITA on 438. Best of luck. Where are you applying from?

Sandaruwan

Oct 26, 2017
I'm currently working in Bahrain. Are you certain that I should mention Embassy of Canada - Bahrain? I was going to fill as Embassy of Canada - Colombo.

Last edited:

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
I'm currently working in Bahrain. Are you certain that I should mention Embassy of Canada - Bahrain? I was going to fill as Embassy of Canada - Colombo.
I am not 100% sure on this. I've heard from people in this forum mentioned "Citizenship and Immigration Canada-CIC" and some said "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada-IRCC".
not very sure, but i don't think it has to be very specific

sathanava

Dec 24, 2017
hi,

I'm assuming you are not going through an agent. I just received my IELTS scores and waiting for the WES evaluation.
Hi all, I am also planning to apply without an agent, can anyone help me to do ECA? I have completed the degree at Northumbria University, I can send the photocopy of degree certificate through DHL (do I need to certify that?), but how to send the transcript?

sathanava

Dec 24, 2017
Hi, can anyone help me to do ECA. I have a degree, also I have completed Graduate Diploma in Management, just want to try that graduate diploma certificate also. For that,I received a transcript and certificate as usual, however they provided a Pearson assurance certificate separately. So I want to know whether I can send that Pearson(formerly edexcel) certificate along with the other documents, which I believe will give some value to the course.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi,
I too am thinking of showing my EPF as pof. I am to apply under OINP.

1 - Can I produce the last EPF slip I have received from central bank which I as think about a year and a half old
or should I get a letter or statement from the epf department.

2 - I dont't think we have to send hard copies of any of the docs. We have to scan the originals and upload. Do we need to get these notorized before uploading.

please help

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Hi, can anyone help me to do ECA. I have a degree, also I have completed Graduate Diploma in Management, just want to try that graduate diploma certificate also. For that,I received a transcript and certificate as usual, however they provided a Pearson assurance certificate separately. So I want to know whether I can send that Pearson(formerly edexcel) certificate along with the other documents, which I believe will give some value to the course.
You have to send copies of your certificates to WES, and ask your university to directly send the transcripts along with a duly filled academic request form to Wes.

The whole process is simple, need not to worry.

nalaka

Jan 17, 2018
Thanks for creating this..

I'm about to start my application by myself. Hoping to get guidance from you guys. Have few questions,

For the ECA do I need to submit my Advance level details or just the Degree information ?

Country of studies .. Is it Sri Lanka or the country of the University accredited my Degree

Last edited:

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Thanks for creating this..

I'm about to start my application by myself. Hoping to get guidance from you guys. Have few questions,

For the ECA do I need to submit my Advance level details or just the Degree information ?

Country of studies .. Is it Sri Lanka or the country of the University accredited my Degree
No need to include AL. Please include your degree.
Not sure about the country of study. Please do a search on the forum. you should find an answer.
Good luck

jeesh

Aug 26, 2017
Sri Lanka
I used the country of the University, i.e. Australia and UK. Although my Aussie degree was done in Malaysian campus.

Worked out for me.