+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

Sandaruwan

Oct 26, 2017
Dear Akila

Can I know whether British Computer Society's (BCS) Certificate in IT is recognised in Canada and its Canadian Equivalency according to WES?

Anyone who has received the ECA report with any Qualification from BCS, please enlighten me.

Thanks
I've received BCS Diploma as a 2 years recognized Canadian diploma as per WES.

Reactions: neoprime1989

neoprime1989

Mar 4, 2018
I've received BCS Diploma as a 2 years recognized Canadian diploma as per WES.

Thanks Sandaruwan. Is it Diploma in IT or Professional Graduate Diploma in IT?

Can you email me the ECA report, if that's not a problem? (neoprime1989@gmail.com) Really appreciate it if you can :)

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Guys,

Does the hospital ask you to re-do medicals if there is a problem? Do we have to wait until they confirm to submit the medical letter they give after the test?

Sendhu

Jul 15, 2018
Anyone know a place to do a Translation & Affidavit both for marriage certificates?
Bro,
If you go to Pettah High Court area, you will be able to find many translation offices who does both this services. I suggest you visit there and get this done. Plus, you can go for negotiation also :)
Good luck.

Reactions: akila868

Sendhu

Jul 15, 2018
Hi Friends,
I am a CIMA Member plus I have a 12 months Diploma in Hardware & Networking from ESOFT metro campus.
I got my ECA Report successful for CIMA as a degree for more than 3 years. But I am worried about the Diploma I hold with Esoft.

Question :-
01) Does WES Canada recognize Esoft? (Esoft said me that they will give just one letter with the course I did, with duration and the marks along with their seal).
02) Since I have 2 qualifications in 2 different field (Accounting & IT) does this show a bad impression to the visa officer?

Please advise.
Thank you :)

Reactions: akila868

Sendhu

Jul 15, 2018
I did ECA for top up degree from Northumbria University and it was equal to Canadian 4 years degree. Also I did ECA for local HND, and the report was 'diploma from unrecognized institute'.

If anyone from Sri Lanka trying to evaluate their HND or diploma, first check whether your institute is registered under UGC or Vocational training center. As far I know most of the private institutions are not registered in any of these departments, instead they might have just registered as a business entity.

Hope this helps you well!!!
So if the ECA report says 'diploma from unrecognized institute', will it be not taken into consideration by IRCC??? If yes, then it is a waste of CAD 230 right, which we pay initially to WES!!

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Bro,
If you go to Pettah High Court area, you will be able to find many translation offices who does both this services. I suggest you visit there and get this done. Plus, you can go for negotiation also :)
Good luck.
Went to a place in Kohuwala. Got it done and already submitted the application. Thanks friend.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Hi Friends,
I am a CIMA Member plus I have a 12 months Diploma in Hardware & Networking from ESOFT metro campus.
I got my ECA Report successful for CIMA as a degree for more than 3 years. But I am worried about the Diploma I hold with Esoft.

Question :-
01) Does WES Canada recognize Esoft? (Esoft said me that they will give just one letter with the course I did, with duration and the marks along with their seal).
02) Since I have 2 qualifications in 2 different field (Accounting & IT) does this show a bad impression to the visa officer?

Please advise.
Thank you :)
1. Not sure. I dont have any qualifications from Esoft. Hope someone else can help you.
2. No. Not at all. Its not a problem. However make sure you have the qualifications asked under your NOC.

All the best.

Reactions: Sendhu

Sandaruwan

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks Sandaruwan. Is it Diploma in IT or Professional Graduate Diploma in IT?

Can you email me the ECA report, if that's not a problem? (neoprime1989@gmail.com) Really appreciate it if you can :)
Sorry for being late. Yes, it is Diploma in IT (NVQ Level 5) not the PGD. Let me know if u still need it to be emailed.

Reactions: neoprime1989

Sandaruwan

Oct 26, 2017
So if the ECA report says 'diploma from unrecognized institute', will it be not taken into consideration by IRCC??? If yes, then it is a waste of CAD 230 right, which we pay initially to WES!!
Unfortunately yes.
I heard IQAS is better in recognizing the institutes than WES, but slow in overall processing time.

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Went to a place in Kohuwala. Got it done and already submitted the application. Thanks friend.
Did you submit with an affidavit notarized by a lawyer. Did you get the affidavit from the translator as per CIC guidelines? If you don't mind would you email me a pic of the affidavit you submitted to nafmailz@gmail.com. Would be a great help.