+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Sri Lanka Connect here

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Hi Nafstyle,

Have your received ITA? Did you apply for Riyadh PCC? and what about Medical? From where you got it done.

I am in Riaydh and received ITA in the last draw. Yesterday applied for PCC.
I am still waiting for my ITA on CRS 438. I haven't done PCC or medicals yet. I am in Jeddah.

Reactions: rajesh1986

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Yes. Cant remember the name. But its hard to miss with large Kodak sign.

Get a few printed copies plus a digital one.
Also, get a SL visa PP size photo as well. This will be used for the Medial.
I took a Canada PP sized photo and the hospital people had to trim it to fit. It'll save them the trouble.
I got it from Kolpity. They gave me a Canada PP size photo. Which is 50 mm x 70 mm. It should be 35 mm x 45 mm right?

tristonz

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
What was the size of your photo. I got another one as you requested for the medical. It is in the size of 35 mm x 45 mm. But that is 413 x 531 Dimensions, 300 dpi and 126 KB in size. Is this okey?

Click on the ? in-front of "Upload Photo" on your EE profile. It says exact specs the photo should be in. its 35x45.
I just found out that I uploaded the photo in 50x70, which is too big..

I got panicked and looked around. :D and found this..

Request for photos
Applicants and their accompanying dependents are required to submit electronic photos as part of their complete e-application. Applicants are asked to ensure that these photos conform with Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC’s) Permanent Resident Card Photo Specifications (PDF, 614.24KB).

At this time, the electronic photos uploaded by applicants cannot be used for the permanent residence card; therefore, CIC will not reject an application as incomplete if the photos submitted do not comply with CIC’s prescribed photo specifications.

The ‘Passport Request’ letter, therefore, includes a request for hard copy photos. Applicants are instructed to mail these photos to CIC.​

This says the photo size should be 50x70.
Do some searching in this forum and find out whats the exact size is before you upload.

Either-way, i don't think they make a big fuss about the size of the photo it as long as its according to their photo requirements.

Reactions: akila868

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Click on the ? in-front of "Upload Photo" on your EE profile. It says exact specs the photo should be in. its 35x45.
I just found out that I uploaded the photo in 50x70, which is too big..

I got panicked and looked around. :D and found this..

Request for photos
Applicants and their accompanying dependents are required to submit electronic photos as part of their complete e-application. Applicants are asked to ensure that these photos conform with Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC’s) Permanent Resident Card Photo Specifications (PDF, 614.24KB).

At this time, the electronic photos uploaded by applicants cannot be used for the permanent residence card; therefore, CIC will not reject an application as incomplete if the photos submitted do not comply with CIC’s prescribed photo specifications.

The ‘Passport Request’ letter, therefore, includes a request for hard copy photos. Applicants are instructed to mail these photos to CIC.​

This says the photo size should be 50x70.
Do some searching in this forum and find out whats the exact size is before you upload.

Either-way, i don't think they make a big fuss about the size of the photo it as long as its according to their photo requirements.
I saw in threads that people argue about this two sizes. According to most, the 50 x 70 is for the PR card and the 35 x 45 is for the e-APR. Well I might as well go ahead with the 35 x 45 I have.

Sandaruwan

Oct 26, 2017
Hey Guys.. My marriage certificate is in Sinhala. Can I get an English version? or do I have to translate it? Anyone know good place to do that?

neoprime1989

Mar 4, 2018
@Sandaruwan
Just do the BCS Diploma and top-up degree evaluation only. You will get them evaluated by WES as two separate qualifications. The certified ones should be directly submitted to WES through the relevant foreign awarding university/ institute, not the local teaching institute. You dont have to send the A/L or O/L certificates for assessment.
Dear Akila

Can I know whether British Computer Society's (BCS) Certificate in IT is recognised in Canada and its Canadian Equivalency according to WES?

Anyone who has received the ECA report with any Qualification from BCS, please enlighten me.

Thanks

Reactions: akila868

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Dear Akila

Can I know whether British Computer Society's (BCS) Certificate in IT is recognised in Canada and its Canadian Equivalency according to WES?

Anyone who has received the ECA report with any Qualification from BCS, please enlighten me.

Thanks
Sorry friend. I dont know about this, coz I dont hv a certificate from them. Hope someone helps you with this :)

Reactions: neoprime1989