+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applicants from MALAYSIA - Join here

AbdallaAhmedMaged

Jun 13, 2016
applied 5 april 2016 , biometric and medical r received and passed. no further notifications yet. i emailed them 2 times with no response. any suggestions ?

Vicky22

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 2016
Doc's Request.
PCC - JUL 22
Nomination.....
FEB 02
AOR Received.
APR 01
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
APR 20
Med's Request
JUL 20
Med's Done....
JUL 25
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
WP - OCT 04 & SENT
VISA ISSUED...
WP ISSUED // PR - WAITING
LANDED..........
LANDED - WAITING FOR PR
Applied online on Mar 12, no update since then from Singapore VO. Any idea how long it might take?

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
guys, do anyone of you know when will we get our passports back with visa stamped? I sent it 24th August through VFS Kuala Lumpur.

chinmoong

Jun 12, 2013
HI,

Hope someone can assist me on following:

I had two Canada qualifications and would like to know what is the education points I can get for FSW

1. Ontario college of trade - certificate of qualification - journeyperson class.
2. Alberta child development - qualification certificate from Alberta goverment.

I also had one year postgraduate diploma from oversea but no degree.

Regards
Kelvin

Alikhlas99

Oct 5, 2015
chinmoong said:
HI,

Hope someone can assist me on following:

I had two Canada qualifications and would like to know what is the education points I can get for FSW

1. Ontario college of trade - certificate of qualification - journeyperson class.
2. Alberta child development - qualification certificate from Alberta goverment.

I also had one year postgraduate diploma from oversea but no degree.

Regards
Kelvin
Hi Kelvin,

It will depend on how long the courses you took lasted:

Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees/diplomas or equivalent, one of which must be for a program lasting 3 years or more
22 points

A Canadian post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent, for a program lasting 3 years or more
21 points

A Canadian post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent, for a program lasting 2 years or more
19 points

A Canadian post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent, for a program lasting 1 year or more
15 points

I don't think you can claim any points for a foreign qualification without an accompanying education assessment from one of the IRCC-designated bodies.

I hope that helps.

maryhmz

Apr 12, 2019
Hi guys!

Totally gutted that my visa application was refused! They stated these grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status
I applied for my family (Me, my souse, a toddler and an infant) and all 4 of us were rejected.

In my application, I provided the following documents among others:
  • Travel history including old passports for the past 5 years (mine, my spouse and the kids, tho for kids the travel history is not really existent. Never exceeded stay or visited high risk countries)
  • Travel itinerary including purchased return flight tickets and all accommodation bookings
  • Bank statements showing savings intended for the trip (around CAD3,500 (RM11000+)), employment letter, salary slips for the past 4 months (mine, as the principal applicant)
Our trip is planned for 2 weeks in June. Our whole group that is going consists of my parents, my sister's family (3 persons) and my family, and we are from Malaysia.

My parents and sisters family received notice to submit their passports after biometrics, but my family were just issued rejection without being asked for our passports.

In purpose of visit I stated tourism as that is the main purpose. However we will be meeting up with my brothers who live in Canada as well.
I have been steadily employed for the last 6 years, while my husband runs his own company for the last 5 years and was employed before that also. Our assets are a house (we bought 2 years ago) and a car (bought 5 years ago)

May I know what documents I can provide to appeal the decision? Would an endorsement/invitation from my siblings in Canada be helpful? Or an affidavit of financial support from my parents as we are traveling together?

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Sorry your visa application was refused.

It does look like your employment record, asset ownership and financial resources were not strong enough to support a convincing case that you will return to your home country.

That the whole family is going also supports their thinking that you may have no intention to return given your weak home ties above.

Unfortunately, they make decisions based 100% on what you submit and therefore can be wrong or unfair.

Appealing won’t help your case. It’s better to lodge a new application in your name and your husband separately minus the kids. When you and him have the visa, then include the kids.

Don’t rush to apply now. Wait next year when you can prove stronger ties to your home country, and don’t sponsor the whole family again.

farouk-dz

Jul 17, 2019
hello guys
I would like to ask you about the required documents of the "certificate of qualification", I'm a foreigner with a student visa I have worked as a research assistant for more than 2 years without any salary slip or proof of tax payment, should I submit only the letter from the supervisor contain all information and detail of the task ? is it acceptable ?

regards

reiayunan

Mar 27, 2022
Does anyone know how long will it take for the VFS office in KL to return the passport with visa stamped? Do they do the visa stamping directly in High Consulate/Commission of Canada in KL or do they send my passport to Singapore office and get it stamped in SG?

Kahl Lee

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Does anyone know how long will it take for the VFS office in KL to return the passport with visa stamped? Do they do the visa stamping directly in High Consulate/Commission of Canada in KL or do they send my passport to Singapore office and get it stamped in SG?
They send it to SG. It will be around July/August.

Have you gotten your Study Permit approved? May I know your timeline please?

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
five to 10 working days. stamping in spore.

xuanchin

Oct 2, 2022
Hi,

I am a PGWP applicant from Malaysia. I had submitted my application on May 23. Currently the processing time for working permit outside of Canada is 17 weeks and I had waited 19 weeks and still nothing on my end. I contacted IRCC in Canada, submitted a webform to Singapore Visa Office and sent an email to the High Commission of Canada in Singapore, there is still no reply from anyone. My flight is on Oct 11 (next monday) and I know I am not able to make it, but I am not sure how long should I postpone the ticket since they are not replying my email and I had waited more than the processing time. I am not sure except waiting, what can I do at this point?

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi,

I am a PGWP applicant from Malaysia. I had submitted my application on May 23. Currently the processing time for working permit outside of Canada is 17 weeks and I had waited 19 weeks and still nothing on my end. I contacted IRCC in Canada, submitted a webform to Singapore Visa Office and sent an email to the High Commission of Canada in Singapore, there is still no reply from anyone. My flight is on Oct 11 (next monday) and I know I am not able to make it, but I am not sure how long should I postpone the ticket since they are not replying my email and I had waited more than the processing time. I am not sure except waiting, what can I do at this point?
That’s all you can do. Flight and hotel bookings are not a consideration in your application or follow-ups. If you need to rebook, ensure it’s refundable with a small penalty, or as a credit for future travel.

Reactions: xuanchin

sdb174

Aug 9, 2022
From Malaysia, Now in Ontario (applied Inland)
Category........
FAM
Hi,

I am a PGWP applicant from Malaysia.
I am not sure except waiting, what can I do at this point?
I applied for visitor visa and submitted a webform to the SG office. Did not expect them to reply but they did and all they said was basically "wait".

"We regret that processing times are very long right now. Temporary Resident (including visitors, students and workers) processing capacity at some missions has been reduced, with resources currently diverted to other priorities.
Many clients are experiencing significant wait times with the processing of their applications, and we continue to work to reduce processing times. At this time, we are unable to predict when the situation will return to normal, and we thank you for your patience and understanding."

xuanchin

Oct 2, 2022
I applied for visitor visa and submitted a webform to the SG office. Did not expect them to reply but they did and all they said was basically "wait".

"We regret that processing times are very long right now. Temporary Resident (including visitors, students and workers) processing capacity at some missions has been reduced, with resources currently diverted to other priorities.
Many clients are experiencing significant wait times with the processing of their applications, and we continue to work to reduce processing times. At this time, we are unable to predict when the situation will return to normal, and we thank you for your patience and understanding."
Thank you for that information! I also sent a few web forms and no one reply, hopefully both of us get our visa soon.

Reactions: sdb174