+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applicants from MALAYSIA - Join here

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi, does anyone know if VFS Malaysia processes PRTDs?
Starting April 1, 2022, applicants are required to submit applications for permanent resident travel documents (PRTD) to IRCC by email. PRTD applications will no longer be submitted via the VACs.

chlo.eee

Mar 18, 2016
Starting April 1, 2022, applicants are required to submit applications for permanent resident travel documents (PRTD) to IRCC by email. PRTD applications will no longer be submitted via the VACs.
Where is this update from? VFS kl replied to say they accept prtd applications.

xuanchin

Oct 2, 2022
Hi, did anyone applied for a study permit in July/August 2022? Any updates?
I didn't apply for study permit but I applied post graduate working visa at the end of May 2023. I am still waiting for it to be process. I think currently there is a lot of delay at Singapore office.

Reactions: nikaf

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
I didn't apply for study permit but I applied post graduate working visa at the end of May 2023. I am still waiting for it to be process. I think currently there is a lot of delay at Singapore office.
any update?

My application is Closed Work Permit (LMIA)
Here is timeline, I've applied to SVO.

Application submitted on: 18 October 2022
Biometrics updated on: 21 October 2022
Submitted Inside or Outside Canada: outside (Singapore office)
Work Permit Extension or New: New
Got an answer? No

Since then there has been no updates, it shows gonna take 35 weeks.

xuanchin

Oct 2, 2022
any update?

My application is Closed Work Permit (LMIA)
Here is timeline, I've applied to SVO.

Application submitted on: 18 October 2022
Biometrics updated on: 21 October 2022
Submitted Inside or Outside Canada: outside (Singapore office)
Work Permit Extension or New: New
Got an answer? No

Since then there has been no updates, it shows gonna take 35 weeks.

Hi, I got approved for my PGWP at the end of November and applied on May 23 (took almost 6 months). If it said 35 weeks its gonna be +- 10% of difference, thats what i seen in some other forums. When I sent in my application, the expected time was 14 weeks but it kept increasing till 35 weeks.

Since you just submitted the application and biometrics is updated, then all you need to do is wait. Check your account like every 2 weeks so you don't get too anxious if you don't receive any news.

If it exceed the expected date, just send in a webform or email Singapore office, they will try to reply as fast as possible (i got reply in 2 weeks). The email address to contact Singapore office is singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Hi, I got approved for my PGWP at the end of November and applied on May 23 (took almost 6 months). If it said 35 weeks its gonna be +- 10% of difference, thats what i seen in some other forums. When I sent in my application, the expected time was 14 weeks but it kept increasing till 35 weeks.

Since you just submitted the application and biometrics is updated, then all you need to do is wait. Check your account like every 2 weeks so you don't get too anxious if you don't receive any news.

If it exceed the expected date, just send in a webform or email Singapore office, they will try to reply as fast as possible (i got reply in 2 weeks). The email address to contact Singapore office is singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Thank you so much for your brief reply, I really appreciate it.

Yeah same thing happened with me at the time of application it was showing 16 weeks and in December changed to 35 weeks.
Well all one can do is wait then. According to the 35 weeks estimated time which brings to end of June, I'm expecting medical request maybe by end of March/April fingers crossed. If no show by then I'll definitely gonna reach out to IRCC or Singapore office. Thanks to you for sorting out the contact details of SVO.

xuanchin

Oct 2, 2022
Thank you so much for your brief reply, I really appreciate it.

Yeah same thing happened with me at the time of application it was showing 16 weeks and in December changed to 35 weeks.
Well all one can do is wait then. According to the 35 weeks estimated time which brings to end of June, I'm expecting medical request maybe by end of March/April fingers crossed. If no show by then I'll definitely gonna reach out to IRCC or Singapore office. Thanks to you for sorting out the contact details of SVO.
No problem! I know how anxious it can be when it comes to waiting, if you send in all the requirement documents, everything should be fine.

I got a medical exam request after I sent in my passport to Singapore, so have a photocopy of your passport ready in case this really happens.

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
No problem! I know how anxious it can be when it comes to waiting, if you send in all the requirement documents, everything should be fine.

I got a medical exam request after I sent in my passport to Singapore, so have a photocopy of your passport ready in case this really happens.
I sent everything except PCC from my home country and current country of residence never saw the document upload option for that, didn't realize we can upload under Client information...I'm aware they will gonna ask about it. Other than that everything else is all submitted.

I was thinking to upload PCC via Web form but someone from another thread mentioned its better to wait and let them ask now.

This is strange, never heard someone got the PPR before their medical exam passed. Will keep this in mind.