+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Europe and USA

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
So my application was finally approved on the 12.09 (last Thursday) and I got the letter saying that they sent the COPR to me.
The thing is, it's a week later and the package hasn't been delivered. I also didn't get any tracking numbers etc.
I'm moving on Monday (to a different country too), so I'm getting worried (again :)). Any idea if there's a way to check the status or if they actually sent it at all? And which address?

I want to exhaust my options before I e-mail London again with "urgent" in the headline. They're going to get fed up with me pretty soon. :)
I got PPR on Aug 22 (confirmed receipt of docs 28 Aug) and I still haven't been approved by London :(

I have had cause to email them twice (neither time using 'Urgent' in the email) and both times they responded within a couple of business days, so I've sent another email today to ask for an update. No harm in firing off an email to them.

gkns

May 30, 2019
I got PPR on Aug 22 (confirmed receipt of docs 28 Aug) and I still haven't been approved by London :(

I have had cause to email them twice (neither time using 'Urgent' in the email) and both times they responded within a couple of business days, so I've sent another email today to ask for an update. No harm in firing off an email to them.
I already e-mailed them twice with "urgent" in the topic. They replied very quickly, but didn't really answer anything I asked about. I just hope they won't deliver it a day after I move and that's in 1,5 working days.

gkns

May 30, 2019
I already e-mailed them twice with "urgent" in the topic. They replied very quickly, but didn't really answer anything I asked about. I just hope they won't deliver it a day after I move and that's in 1,5 working days.
Aaaand good thing I didn't send them an e-mail, just got the docs by post. :)

Reactions: RayBear

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Aaaand good thing I didn't send them an e-mail, just got the docs by post. :)
Phew, congrats!

The other thing I was going to suggest was a mail redirect. That's the situation I'm in just now. I've sold my flat pending my move and am moving into rental accommodation until the end of the year.

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Congratulations everyone! Glad to see everything is turning up roses for y'all.

Currently writing this from a Pizza Pizza in Toronto (Only the finest in dining here ;])

Reactions: bairn7

Blueboye

Jul 31, 2019
14 days left for me until six months, do you guys think there is any merit in ordering GCMS notes at this point?

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
I ordered notes with 50 days to go and it they were reassuring. The standard now seems to be 7 months rather than 6 months.

But with 14 days to go, I would be more tempted to email Ralph Goodale to get a real time update.

Blueboye

Jul 31, 2019
I ordered notes with 50 days to go and it they were reassuring. The standard now seems to be 7 months rather than 6 months.

But with 14 days to go, I would be more tempted to email Ralph Goodale to get a real time update.
Ralph emailed me about 2 weeks ago, security and eligibility not started, criminality Passed, hopefully there's work being done behind the scenes

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Can any UK applicants (via London VO) reassure me here on CoPR? I received the letter through my account confirming that my CoPR is being posted to me. The issue I have is that my flat is being sold on Thursday so by the time it arrives I will not have access to the flat. I have set up a Royal Mail redirect and will leave a note for the new owner. It should come to my new address via redirect provided that there is not a 'do not redirect' stamp on the letter. Can anyone who has received CoPR recently in the UK confirm whether this is the case?

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Can any UK applicants (via London VO) reassure me here on CoPR? I received the letter through my account confirming that my CoPR is being posted to me. The issue I have is that my flat is being sold on Thursday so by the time it arrives I will not have access to the flat. I have set up a Royal Mail redirect and will leave a note for the new owner. It should come to my new address via redirect provided that there is not a 'do not redirect' stamp on the letter. Can anyone who has received CoPR recently in the UK confirm whether this is the case?
Definitely wasn't a dnr on mine. I used a next day before 1pm envelope and they paid for it when they sent it

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Definitely wasn't a dnr on mine. I used a next day before 1pm envelope and they paid for it when they sent it
Thanks, I picked up my CoPR from the PO this morning!! The PPR said to not put a special delivery label on the return envelope so I didn't. But Canada House returned it special delivery. Redirected to my new address.

I haven't been able to stop looking at it all morning :) Literally years of hard work, stress and waiting for this piece of paper!

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Thanks, I picked up my CoPR from the PO this morning!! The PPR said to not put a special delivery label on the return envelope so I didn't. But Canada House returned it special delivery. Redirected to my new address.

I haven't been able to stop looking at it all morning :) Literally years of hard work, stress and waiting for this piece of paper!
Congratulations friend! I start work on Monday and we're currently waiting on hearing about an apartment!

Reactions: bairn7

Blueboye

Jul 31, 2019
6 months today, going to raise a web form, any idea if web forms can be helpful at all?

Good luck with the new job Raybear!

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
6 months today, going to raise a web form, any idea if web forms can be helpful at all?

Good luck with the new job Raybear!
The web forms can be helpful but starting around 6-7 months is usually where I'd say trying to get your GCMS notes *could* offer some assurance.

It might be wasted energy but its impossible to know

Reactions: Blueboye