+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Europe and USA

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Can anyone please urgently help me to understand what I need to do for PPR? The letter says I need to check whether I need a VISA to enter Canada and, if not, I don't need to submit my passport within 30 days. As a UK citizen, the tool says I do not need a VISA.

Is it correct that UK citizens do not need to submit their passport for PPR? Instead I just submit a copy of my passport page?

Thank you

gkns

May 30, 2019
I just received PPR! Got an email saying there was a message in my account and there it was!!
Didn't see that message, congrats! Damn, your news and my ghost update today really made my day. :)
I won't be of any help with the passport info though.

Reactions: bairn7

nomad26

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Yes UK citizens do not need a visa, just send copy of your passport page. Congrats!
Can anyone please urgently help me to understand what I need to do for PPR? The letter says I need to check whether I need a VISA to enter Canada and, if not, I don't need to submit my passport within 30 days. As a UK citizen, the tool says I do not need a VISA.

Is it correct that UK citizens do not need to submit their passport for PPR? Instead I just submit a copy of my passport page?

Thank you

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Great to see progress happening!

@gkns Ghost updates always mean progress. It might mean "we've received your files and they've been attached to your application". It might mean "we've reviewed the files and we're making a decision", it might mean "your eligibility status was updated".

Unfortunately, of course, the Ghost update is a ghost update for a reason. What's actually changed is anyone's guess but rest assured something HAS changed.

As for me, Today I finished my last day at my workplace of almost 8 years and I'm a little under 3 weeks away from landing! I'm also in the process of interviewing for two different awesome jobs and hoping for a positive outcome!

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Sounds promising. Check your application for any mention of the documents. They'll sometimes add a "we have received your documents" note (not a message though)

gkns

May 30, 2019
Sounds promising. Check your application for any mention of the documents. They'll sometimes add a "we have received your documents" note (not a message though)
Yep, getting hyped here, not having to look for a new flat for a month or 2 would be awesome. I checked the acc both times and there were 0 changes in any of the fields.
I assume what's happening is 1 of those:
1 GU - doc added
2 GU - eligibility passed
3 GU if it comes - accepted
or and I really hope it's this one:
1 GU - eligibility passed
2 GU - accepted

BTW what's a reasonable timeline for PPR - COPR? a week, month?

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Yep, getting hyped here, not having to look for a new flat for a month or 2 would be awesome. I checked the acc both times and there were 0 changes in any of the fields.
I assume what's happening is 1 of those:
1 GU - doc added
2 GU - eligibility passed
3 GU if it comes - accepted
or and I really hope it's this one:
1 GU - eligibility passed
2 GU - accepted

BTW what's a reasonable timeline for PPR - COPR? a week, month?
Not set in stone unfortunately. Anywhere between those two is still well within normal ranges

gkns

May 30, 2019
Now this is a stupid question. Is being visa-exempt the same thing as requiring only the eTA to travel to Canada?
I'm almost absolutely sure it is as Poland is being listed as Visa-exempt on their website, but I don't want to make any stupid mistakes. :)

edit: They say to upload the documents to the account, but there's nowhere to upload them to. Webform? This way they'll get them later than the photos by DPD... ;d

Last edited:

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Now this is a stupid question. Is being visa-exempt the same thing as requiring only the eTA to travel to Canada?
I'm almost absolutely sure it is as Poland is being listed as Visa-exempt on their website, but I don't want to make any stupid mistakes. :)

edit: They say to upload the documents to the account, but there's nowhere to upload them to. Webform? This way they'll get them later than the photos by DPD... ;d
Congrats!

I emailled the london address a couple of days ago (the address listed in PPR) and they responded saying I can just send copies by post with my photos. I'm going to upload by webform also, just to cover myself.

And yes, we are visa-exempt, so PP not required to be sent.

Reactions: gkns

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Just got the PPR everyone! :D Let's hope London VO is not too busy. :) Those GCMS notes really saved me I think.
Congratulations! And yes, as @bairn7 has said, just post them physical copies (not originals!) of everything it tells you to upload. They seem to almost never provide the digital upload location for it like they are supposed to.

Blueboye

Jul 31, 2019
Hi all, quick update (sort of)

Query from MPs office yeilded no update.

Still
Eligibility: not started
Security: not started
Criminality:passed

Operating under the hypothesis that the applications don't actually get touched until month 5 :D

Have missed my hopeful arrival date already and planning to ignore now until 6 months.

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Hi all, quick update (sort of)

Query from MPs office yeilded no update.

Still
Eligibility: not started
Security: not started
Criminality:passed

Operating under the hypothesis that the applications don't actually get touched until month 5 :D

Have missed my hopeful arrival date already and planning to ignore now until 6 months.
Eligibility doesn't seem to be looked at until after security is completed which can take a while from the looks of it.

Not usually a lot of point in chasing until almost the 5 month mark.

Any time there's a ghost update, something has changed. Until then, nothing has