+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants from Europe and USA

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Morning everyone.
Just want to throw this out to the group because I'm freaking out a little.

So,I checked CIC this morning (as usual) and I know there's a system update today. My profile on the homepage said 'profile uploded/updated. When I clicked into my profile nothing had changed (39 days to go on 6 month SLA). When I came out of it, it had changed back to 'submitted'.

No messages have come through. I don't think this is a ghost update, but could be wrong.
Any ideas? Is this just due to the system update? A ghost update or is it just wishful thinking?

Many thanks!!
Ghost update!

Reactions: Nat.wilde

Ronaldinho

Dec 9, 2018
Morning everyone.

So,I checked CIC this morning (as usual) and I know there's a system update today. My profile on the homepage said 'profile uploded/updated. When I clicked into my profile nothing had changed (39 days to go on 6 month SLA). When I came out of it, it had changed back to 'submitted'.

No messages have come through. I don't think this is a ghost update, but could be wrong.
Any ideas? Is this just due to the system update? A ghost update or is it just wishful thinking?

Many thanks!!
This means that after 3 days, u will receive golden mail !
Congratulations

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi All - new to this group, but hoping to get some help/input on our situation.
My husband (primary applicant) and I applied for PR.
ITA June 11, 2018.
Meds passed sometime in June end.
We did not get any update on our application until last week.
Received the PPR email on 20th Feb, 2019 and we were overjoyed after such a long wait.
Only to realize later, our meds expire 2nd April !! We are yet to submit our passports for COPR. But really concerned what will be the COPR validity considering our meds will expire around the same time we get our passports back.
Anyone has heard of similar situation ? can you help throw some light here...really appreciate it.
(IRCC did not ask us for new meds all this while)

Thank you!

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
Morning everyone.

Many thanks!!

It’s always good to receive ghost updates, I received my second ghost update on the 5th February and I found out that was when my case was approved.

Ronaldinho

Dec 9, 2018
ITA June 11, 2018.
Received the PPR email on 20th Feb, 2019 and we were overjoyed after such a long wait.
Only to realize later, our meds expire 2nd April !! We are yet to submit our passports for COPR. But really concerned what will be the COPR validity considering our meds will expire around the same time we get our passports back.
Anyone has heard of similar situation ? can you help throw some light here...really appreciate it.

Thank you!

you will receive your passports with visa for 5 days,usually this is the time frame, so star preparing your trip until 2 nd of April, u should arrive there before this date.

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
ITA June 11, 2018.

Thank you!

Congratulations on your PPR.. If they wanted new meds they would have requested them prior to PPR but I would get your passports submitted ASAP as if I’m correct in thinking you have until 2nd April.

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Morning everyone.

Many thanks!!
Has it changed at all? It may well be a ghost update, but it might just be the system maintenance. I don't trust anything it says between midnight and 11am GMT.

Nat.wilde

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Has it changed at all? It may well be a ghost update, but it might just be the system maintenance. I don't trust anything it says between midnight and 11am GMT.
Nothing changed as yet. Trying not to get excited/stress about it. I'll give it a few days and see.

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
ITA June 11, 2018.

Thank you!
Just to echo what's been said so far. Your timeline is "You have to land before your medicals expire" so if that's april 2nd; You have to land before then. It adds extra expense but if you're concerned about having time to wrap your life up etc, the best thing to do is fly over there before your medicals expire and then come back afterwards. Apply for a PRTD before you go back to Canada (assuming you won't have a place where a PR card can be sent). As long as you've made your first landing over there and made it official, it's fine to come back and take a bit before you move permanently.

lollyIrl

Jun 13, 2018
I've been wondering for a while, can we as Visa-exempt people go to Canada as a tourist (so 90 days visit max) while our Express Entry FSW-O is being processed or will they refuse entry ?
If possible, and PPR comes during the visit we could have the COPR delivered in Canada or US and then fly or drive to the US get the COPR and cross the border again ?
Yes you can, while my application is still pending, I have travelled from Ireland to Canada twice without any problem. Although both stays have been 2 wks duration. My biometrics application was expedited by canadian embassy because the initial date given was clashing with my travel date to calgary. I am unsure what happens if PPR comes during the visit though, so maybe clarify that cic.

Reactions: Laumyl