+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants - Applications returned/Due to return because of 8000 CAP

I can all empathize with your frustration and stress. I have about 20 clients who will potentially have their applications returned.

I think it's a great injustice that CIC even posts the numbers on their website. It's almost as if not posting anything would be much better. In any case, there are certainly remedies to be taken by most of you that will position yourself for a chance at being selected.

1) If you haven't already done so, get your ECA done NOW. There are significant points to be gained once you have completed your ECA and then added to your EE profile. For many of you who are sitting at 350-450, adding your ECA will push you much higher.

2) In regards to BOWPs: Well, I have a strong feeling that AORs issued to EE applicants after receiving ITAs and lodging E-PR applications will be much faster, if not instantaneous. As a result, the ability to obtain a BOWP is certainly within reach.

3) You already have in your possession a completed PR application. In the event that an ITA is issued to you, you are in a position to immediately apply for PR through the new electronic system. This will give you a significant edge over people who have nothing prepared as of yet.

Don't give up hope. This system is going through the much anticipated birthing process. We will look back next year this time and realize how much more effective of a system this is compared to the current paper-based system. It's an iterative process and CIC is hopefully deploying some type of agile-development methodology in refining their back-end systems.

I heard whispers of a draw occurring today with the majority of those being selected possessing an LMIA in their hand as only a few dozen people have qualifying PNCs through the new PNP-EE streams.

If anyone has any questions about what's going on, my ear is pretty close to the street and I am happy to offer up a bit of help.

Canbraz

Jan 27, 2015
Brazil
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
You can check here opportunities Ontario page

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
Matthew Iwama said:
I can all empathize with your frustration and stress. I have about 20 clients who will potentially have their applications returned.

I think it's a great injustice that CIC even posts the numbers on their website. It's almost as if not posting anything would be much better. In any case, there are certainly remedies to be taken by most of you that will position yourself for a chance at being selected.

1) If you haven't already done so, get your ECA done NOW. There are significant points to be gained once you have completed your ECA and then added to your EE profile. For many of you who are sitting at 350-450, adding your ECA will push you much higher.

2) In regards to BOWPs: Well, I have a strong feeling that AORs issued to EE applicants after receiving ITAs and lodging E-PR applications will be much faster, if not instantaneous. As a result, the ability to obtain a BOWP is certainly within reach.

3) You already have in your possession a completed PR application. In the event that an ITA is issued to you, you are in a position to immediately apply for PR through the new electronic system. This will give you a significant edge over people who have nothing prepared as of yet.

Don't give up hope. This system is going through the much anticipated birthing process. We will look back next year this time and realize how much more effective of a system this is compared to the current paper-based system. It's an iterative process and CIC is hopefully deploying some type of agile-development methodology in refining their back-end systems.

I heard whispers of a draw occurring today with the majority of those being selected possessing an LMIA in their hand as only a few dozen people have qualifying PNCs through the new PNP-EE streams.

If anyone has any questions about what's going on, my ear is pretty close to the street and I am happy to offer up a bit of help.

Hi for people who applied under CEC and have already got their bank draft cashed but no AOR as of yet , what would you suggest ?. My application was received October 10th and cashed december 31st

EST123

Jan 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am a November CEC applicant. I have been keeping track of the news over the past few days, when it first broke I still hoped that somehow it wasn't true! I still am holding out a tiny sliver of hope, but in reality the cap really does seem to have been reached. Looking at the historic records for the number of CEC applicants and the data that was published by CEC this year, I hadn't expected any issues with the CAP. Perhaps that was naive, but the news has come as a bit of a shock.

My IEC permit expires in April and without an LMIA/LMO/Job Offer, I cant see how EE is going to work for me. It looks like the Canadian adventure is over...for now!!

Ruyodono

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Matthew Iwama said:

What do you mean by ECA that part i didnt get let me know because my ee profile is between 350-450 so i would like to know

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Ruyodono said:
What do you mean by ECA that part i didnt get let me know because my ee profile is between 350-450 so i would like to know
Education Credential Assessment (ECA)

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
I got my application for CEC back a couple of days ago..

Work permit has expired, applied for extension which will not be granted as that was based on getting AOR..

Lets just say its all come down crashing..

Will have to leave the job I love

EE as we all know is unpredictable at this point..

LMIA seems to be like a blue moon diamond..How to find an employer who would do LMIA because mine doesn't seem like going for it

There are numerous PN programs..Anyone I qualify for?

What are my options!!

I have invested half my life in this country. And people who want to say things like "Immigration is not a right or Canada didn't promise you PR" please keep quiet

dream_hunter

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DECEMBER 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
SFKAS said:

Work permit has expired, applied for extension which will not be granted as that was based on getting AOR..

LMIA seems to be like a blue moon diamond..How to find an employer who would do LMIA because mine doesn't seem like going for it

What are my options!!

I have invested half my life in this country. And people who want to say things like "Immigration is not a right or Canada didn't promise you PR" please keep quiet
I wish I could give you a hug, buddy!

I have no words to express empathy!

I really don't! :(

Ahmedali263

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-11-2015 (RCMP fingerprint based) Reminder Email: March 2, 2016
Nomination.....
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Med's Request
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront Medical 21-04-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permits-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system
Please sign the petition

Ruyodono

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
SFKAS said:

What are my options!!

Dude that sucks hard core i hope you find a way depending on the province you live in working over six months can get you a nomination and that extra 600 points just do some checking and reading i was in the same position as you just not a few days ago throwing in the towel and saying to my self your going home man deal with it and then my employer gave me a sound tongue lashing saying they will not allow me to leave and they will do lmia and i should try for ee its bleak i know dark and sad and depressing but a person too down on them selves can not think straight nominations exist that you can qualify for if you worked here as long as you say and keep positive regardless of you faith or what God you believe in keep praying and GOD will help you out man i know this is long winded but i sympathize with you and know the feeling dont get down and dont be depressed the people who made ee have no regard for people like me and you as long as we are not considered a golden asset we are tossed aside but it only works that way if you let them just try one more time your not beaten till you let your self get beaten im sorry i went on for so long but i felt the same way and had to get this off my chest and try and let some one else know that no matter how dark it got for me i found a way and im trying till the end so hang in there and try we spent too much time money and hopes in this country for them to throw us out like last weeks garbage i will keep all of you in my prayers for a hope to shine on you guys regardless of how bad it seems ;D :) lets try again its not over yet every one :p ;D

Cepheus74

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-06-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada
cheesycheese said:
I've been here since April 2012 on a 3 year Temp Work Permit (LMO not needed) sponsored by the company I worked for in the UK and now in Canada. I brought my wife and little boy with me who are on an Open Work Permit & a Visitor Record. We've also had 2 girls since moving to Canada who are on Canadian passports. After 2 years we decided we loved it here so much that we wanted to stay for good so decided to apply for PR. I applied through CEC last August and they returned my application back to me in October due to one small mistake on one of the forms. I amended that error and re-applied at the start of November. With today's news, that November application is going to be returned so that one mistake back in August has cost me in a big way.

I'm now in a situation where my TWP runs out in 2 months, I'm working for a company who have just been bought out and are making redundancies and I'm no further forward with PR than I was 7 months ago. The plan was to get an AOR and apply for Bridging OWP that would cover me until PR was issued but also allow me to work for someone else in Canada should I be made redundant. I'm now completely unprotected from redundancy (as that would put me on a plane back to England) and I now have to find a way of extending my TWP without alerting my company who are looking for excuses to lay people off.

I'm not a happy chappy right now.
I feel for you. I arrived in Canada in August 2012 with my wife and 3 kids. Company division was purchased by another company in June 2013. I was laid off in April 2014 and applied for my PR in May 2014. My first BOWP in April 2014 was refused. My most recent was granted and I start work Monday.

I suggest asking for an extension on your TWP and apply via the EE route if you don't receive an AOR. Ask any questions I'm happy to help anyway I can. I also suggest asking for your GCMS notes its free and takes 30 days.

Time is not your friend atm so I suggest doing what you can ASAP!!!

zazen

Jan 27, 2015
Just curious. Any applicant who applied with LMO got their Application returned as yet?

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
OKAY ALL! Hello!

Applications have now been returned..not all maybe

Does anyone have a solution? Please I don't want preachers, teachers and sermons here

Real practical possible solutions.

EE is very unclear yet plus it doesn't really matter in my case or cases similar to mine

PGWP has expired and waiting for an answer on WP extension which will be probably refused

I will have to stop working and all that non sense

I want a solution!

What are you all doing with similar situations

kapil1974

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Jan 2014
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Nope
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Decision Made -Feb 10 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 11 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 18 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 27 2014
SFKAS said:
OKAY ALL! Hello!

Applications have now been returned..not all maybe

Does anyone have a solution? Please I don't want preachers, teachers and sermons here

Real practical possible solutions.

EE is very unclear yet plus it doesn't really matter in my case or cases similar to mine

PGWP has expired and waiting for an answer on WP extension which will be probably refused

I will have to stop working and all that non sense

I want a solution!

What are you all doing with similar situations
Immediately create your profile in Express entry.
do something instead of doing nothing.
I am confident you will get your PR soon.

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
I have already created a profile a month ago.

My score is 410.

Read "EE doesn't work in my case" as my PGWP has already expired.

DAMN IT