+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicants - Applications returned/Due to return because of 8000 CAP

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
I am making this thread/group for applicants who think or are sure that their application for CEC will be returned due to CAP being filled.

More specifically I want candidates to join here if they qualify for the following conditions:

• a candidate applied for CEC and will have his/her applicant returned due to cap being filled
  • their work permit (any type, pgwp etc) is about to expire, has expired and they have applied for extension, and the extension depended on getting an AOR
  • they don't have LMIA or PN and hence can not get the 600 points for EE, causing the option of getting residence through EE almost not possible

Point of this thread is to discuss solutions for candidates in above mentioned situation.

We have invested our lives in this country and has become our home now. Do we just have to leave and go back to our country of origin or are there any real possible solutions.

Please discuss.

Ruyodono

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Well that would apply to most of us who applied and are in in Canada i signed up an ee profile the other day and i passed the minimum requirement but with out a provincial nomination or lmia we are all at the bottom that and the job bank isnt working 100% yet that that could work for us on first draw

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've been here since April 2012 on a 3 year Temp Work Permit (LMO not needed) sponsored by the company I worked for in the UK and now in Canada. I brought my wife and little boy with me who are on an Open Work Permit & a Visitor Record. We've also had 2 girls since moving to Canada who are on Canadian passports. After 2 years we decided we loved it here so much that we wanted to stay for good so decided to apply for PR. I applied through CEC last August and they returned my application back to me in October due to one small mistake on one of the forms. I amended that error and re-applied at the start of November. With today's news, that November application is going to be returned so that one mistake back in August has cost me in a big way.

I'm now in a situation where my TWP runs out in 2 months, I'm working for a company who have just been bought out and are making redundancies and I'm no further forward with PR than I was 7 months ago. The plan was to get an AOR and apply for Bridging OWP that would cover me until PR was issued but also allow me to work for someone else in Canada should I be made redundant. I'm now completely unprotected from redundancy (as that would put me on a plane back to England) and I now have to find a way of extending my TWP without alerting my company who are looking for excuses to lay people off.

I'm not a happy chappy right now.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
cheesycheese said:
I've been here since April 2012 on a 3 year Temp Work Permit (LMO not needed) sponsored by the company I worked for in the UK and now in Canada. I brought my wife and little boy with me who are on an Open Work Permit & a Visitor Record. We've also had 2 girls since moving to Canada who are on Canadian passports. After 2 years we decided we loved it here so much that we wanted to stay for good so decided to apply for PR. I applied through CEC last August and they returned my application back to me in October due to one small mistake on one of the forms. I amended that error and re-applied at the start of November. With today's news, that November application is going to be returned so that one mistake back in August has cost me in a big way.

I'm now in a situation where my TWP runs out in 2 months, I'm working for a company who have just been bought out and are making redundancies and I'm no further forward with PR than I was 7 months ago. The plan was to get an AOR and apply for Bridging OWP that would cover me until PR was issued but also allow me to work for someone else in Canada should I be made redundant. I'm now completely unprotected from redundancy (as that would put me on a plane back to England) and I now have to find a way of extending my TWP without alerting my company who are looking for excuses to lay people off.

Sad to hear your story mate. Would you be keen to look at Australia - nice place. What line of work are you in?

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
cheesycheese said:

I can understand your feelings. Your words are like coming out straight from your heart. Looks like you have a good background in terms of professional
experience and education. dO Not lose your hopes and keep your spirits high bro. who knows you might be getting ITA and by July you should be PR.
Wish you best luck

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheers guys. I've got through worse things than this and there's always a way.....just not sure what it is yet! ;D
Anyway, I'm seeing an Immigration Adviser on Monday that I've spoken to in the past to see if she's got any ideas.

Funnily enough, we shortlisted either Canada or Oz when we decided to go on our adventure and emigrate a few years ago. The company I work for are in Oz as well but there's way too little time to get an ICT organised, even if I wanted to....our business doesn't move quickly enough for that. And anyway, the family are extremely happy here so I'll fight like hell to make sure today's news doesn't screw up what we've built in Canada.

It's not over until it's over. ;)

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
cheesycheese, to be quite honest we wonder what the hell we are doing here, been here 2 1/2 years now from Australia and it is less money, higher taxes and the novelty of snow has worn off with the kids. Mortgage interest rates very low though - +1!

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
One of the oct guy (Dento14) got his application back yesterday.... :-\

'Hi all,

My application was received on October 23, and I got my application back in my mail yesterday (Jan, 29)with a letter explaining that the cap of 8000 has been reached. '

Dento14

Jan 30, 2015
hi All,

unfortunately i did, and my work permit is due to expire on February, i was about to send me application to extend my post-graduation work permit, but with the letter that I got yesterday i dont think i can.

can someone advise me on how to upload a picture here, so i can show you the letter that i got?

RA007

Aug 14, 2014
Hello folks,

I am so sorry for the people who got letters about reaching cap.

Same applies to me, as I my file received at CIC on October 31st.

My current status will expire on April 15th 2015.

No LMO or PNP sponsor.

I don't know what to do?!

I hope most of the people in this thread will be in the same situation.

Any suggestions guys, please lets have a disco.

Hope for the best.

Thanks
GV

Acrylicus

Dec 21, 2012
I am in the same boat.

No LMIA, I sit at around 350-400 points total and my permit is up July 27th. My company has graciously offered me a job back home in the UK, which is great, but not convenient. I have a car, a girlfriend and various possessions here that I am all about to lose. All because CIC are completely dysfunctional.

I am applying for EE, but am not overly ambitious. I will talk to my employer about getting an LMIA, but as someone as a trainer in Tech Support, it's a hell of a long shot.

I'll be monitoring this thread for anyone with suggestions.

Canbraz

Jan 27, 2015
Brazil
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
I've been living here for 3 years and I am returning to my country next week. My application arrived on OCT 27. Right now I don't have a job because my work permit expired, not enough points to EE , and don't have LMIA. I will try Provincial nominee if my ex-boss decides to help me. I am really disappointed with the CAP. The only thing I don't understand is why CIC doesn't post the News online, and maybe I am wrong but many of the refused packages are NOC B including the guy who was charged I checked his noc and I found CAP was reached in November so I still hope they sent a general email and it all about the subcaps.