+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Viva2014 said:
No, she is not my dependent. I just wanted to know whether I should inform CIC about this change right now or whenever she wanna apply for visitor visa, she can mention it.
Look, your application is archived already. Let go of the CIC ::)

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
Hi guys,

I am writing my story here again. I think it might help some people with the same situation in the future.

I got married few days before receiving PPR. My husband is a permanent residence of Canada. I filled a case specific enquiry to explain and asked them what I should do. they didn't reply so once I received the PPR email I replied to email again explained and sent some documents (my husband pr card, marriage certificates etc) and ask if I still can send the passport. No reply. I contacted call center and they said I must send the passport with a cover letter and a copy of documents that I already emailed.

So I did and received the passport back after a couple of weeks. But in CoPR letter, my marital status was single. I called call center again, and asked them what I should do, an agent told me it is an error from CIC side and I must send back CoPR. She didn't say anything about passport, so I called again to ask if I should send back passport along with CoPR letter, this time another agent gave me a completely different answer. She said since it is not something that would affect my PR application (marrying an already PR person ), I can do the landing and ask the officer at the boarder to fix that marital status part.

Since the second answer would have resulted in a faster PR, I took the risk (that I then realized wasn't much) and went to the boarder. I printed all my communications with CIC regarding the change in marital status. I showed them that I have done whatever I could and yet they had sent me that CoPR with marital status as single. Then officer asked me to wait. I could see a few officers were talking over my case with officer that was responsible for my landing and then they called me and told me since it is something that will not affect my PR application status (the same answer the second call center agent gave me), they will accept to do my landing and will send a note to CIC to update my file. The rest of process went very smoothly and I completed my landing and became a permanent resident.

I would like to thank all people on this forum who were very kind and caring and helped me during this frustrating process, especially Viva2014, Kamran, and Zorroo.
I hope CIC finalizes the rest of FSW2014 soon and all of you who are waiting hear good news soon.

Thanks and Good luck,

Application received Date: Mid Oct, 2014
PER: Mid Jan, 2015
Medical: Late March, 2015
PPR: Early Oct, 2015
Passport back: Early Nov 2015
Landed Early Nov, 2015

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
farahnz said:
Hi guys,

I am writing my story here again. I think it might help some people with the same situation in the future.

I got married few days before receiving PPR. My husband is a permanent residence of Canada. I filled a case specific enquiry to explain and asked them what I should do. they didn't reply so once I received the PPR email I replied to email again explained and sent some documents (my husband pr card, marriage certificates etc) and ask if I still can send the passport. No reply. I contacted call center and they said I must send the passport with a cover letter and a copy of documents that I already emailed.

So I did and received the passport back after a couple of weeks. But in CoPR letter, my marital status was single. I called call center again, and asked them what I should do, an agent told me it is an error from CIC side and I must send back CoPR. She didn't say anything about passport, so I called again to ask if I should send back passport along with CoPR letter, this time another agent gave me a completely different answer. She said since it is not something that would affect my PR application (marrying an already PR person ), I can do the landing and ask the officer at the boarder to fix that marital status part.

Since the second answer would have resulted in a faster PR, I took the risk (that I then realized wasn't much) and went to the boarder. I printed all my communications with CIC regarding the change in marital status. I showed them that I have done whatever I could and yet they had sent me that CoPR with marital status as single. Then officer asked me to wait. I could see a few officers were talking over my case with officer that was responsible for my landing and then they called me and told me since it is something that will not affect my PR application status (the same answer the second call center agent gave me), they will accept to do my landing and will send a note to CIC to update my file. The rest of process went very smoothly and I completed my landing and became a permanent resident.

I would like to thank all people on this forum who were very kind and caring and helped me during this frustrating process, especially Viva2014, Kamran, and Zorroo.
I hope CIC finalizes the rest of FSW2014 soon and all of you who are waiting hear good news soon.

Thanks and Good luck,

Landed Early Nov, 2015

Hi farahnz,

Please accept my warm congratulation on becoming PR and +1 for you. We are all here to share our experience and help each other. Thank you for sharing your story and wish you best of luck in your future life in Canada.

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
Viva2014 said:
Hi farahnz,

Please accept my warm congratulation on becoming PR and +1 for you. We are all here to share our experience and help each other. Thank you for sharing your story and wish you best of luck in your future life in Canada.
Thanks Viva and +1, good luck to you too my friend :)

nightrain

May 20, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
16-11-2015 (Police certificate)
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
Passport Req..
05-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-01-2016
Hi folks,

After a long time no activity (since medical was done in early May), today I received email from CPC-CTD-Ottawa with a title "RCMP fingerprints certificate requested." Few questions:

1. The email says: "RCMP Criminal Record Check: Please provide a certified criminal record check based on fingerprints," then it gives a link to RCMP website. The website shows navigation tabs for different services - including one for "Criminal Record Checks" and another for "Fingerprinting Service." My question: are these two separate services? Do I have to submit two different forms at a local RCMP office (I'm from Vancouver) and pay two separate fees? Or just one is required?

2. The email says: "You must send us the requested information by email within 30 days from the date of this letter." What exactly am I supposed to send "by email? Would the RCMP give me a printed copy of the record and fingerprint or something similar and I will have to attach it with the email? Or will they send it directly to CPC-CTD-Ottawa? I am confused, because the RCMP Website says "Applications for immigration to Canada must include the name and address of the Canadian Immigration Center, Embassy, Consulate or High Commission handling the case in the "Name and Address of Contributing Agency/Department" portion of the form". Which address am I supposed to write for Ottawa Office and why they want it?

3. How long does it take to obtain these documents (Criminal Record Check & Fingerprints) from RCMP? The email says it has to be send with 30 days.

4. How long it may take to get PPR once the police checks are sent? (from your experience)

Please share your experience: how did you manage it in your case if you have done this already?

Much appreciated and thanks for your replies.
Cheers

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nightrain said:
Hi folks,

After a long time no activity (since medical was done in early May), today I received email from CPC-CTD-Ottawa with a title "RCMP fingerprints certificate requested." Few questions:

1. The email says: "RCMP Criminal Record Check: Please provide a certified criminal record check based on fingerprints," then it gives a link to RCMP website. The website shows navigation tabs for different services - including one for "Criminal Record Checks" and another for "Fingerprinting Service." My question: are these two separate services? Do I have to submit two different forms at a local RCMP office (I'm from Vancouver) and pay two separate fees? Or just one is required?

2. The email says: "You must send us the requested information by email within 30 days from the date of this letter." What exactly am I supposed to send "by email? Would the RCMP give me a printed copy of the record and fingerprint or something similar and I will have to attach it with the email? Or will they send it directly to CPC-CTD-Ottawa? I am confused, because the RCMP Website says "Applications for immigration to Canada must include the name and address of the Canadian Immigration Center, Embassy, Consulate or High Commission handling the case in the "Name and Address of Contributing Agency/Department" portion of the form". Which address am I supposed to write for Ottawa Office and why they want it?

3. How long does it take to obtain these documents (Criminal Record Check & Fingerprints) from RCMP? The email says it has to be send with 30 days.

4. How long it may take to get PPR once the police checks are sent? (from your experience)

Please share your experience: how did you manage it in your case if you have done this already?

Much appreciated and thanks for your replies.
Cheers
Have you ordered GCMS notes? if yes, have you passed criminality?

enamul

Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottowa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
(PER) 09-02-2015
Med's Request
27-04-2015
Med's Done....
01-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
Congrats Farhanz.
farahnz said:
Hi guys,

Thanks and Good luck,

Landed Early Nov, 2015

enamul

Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottowa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
(PER) 09-02-2015
Med's Request
27-04-2015
Med's Done....
01-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
Hi Guys,

I have a problem in receiving the PR card. I landed on Aug 30 and was told by CIC call center that my PR card was mailed on Oct 14. But still I haven't received the PR card. Since the card is sent via regular mail, I can't track it:( I provided the mailing address when I landed, and it looks correct in the ecas.

It's a very frustrating situation for me, as I was planning the travel outside Canada at the end of December.

Any advice, or suggestions?

nightrain

May 20, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
16-11-2015 (Police certificate)
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
Passport Req..
05-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-01-2016
zorroo said:
Have you ordered GCMS notes? if yes, have you passed criminality?
I haven't ordered GCMS notes yet, so I do not know. Is it the reason why they are asking fingerprints + criminal record check from RCMP? Or is it mandatory for all applicants from Canada?

Please share more. Thanks

Roozic

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
nightrain said:
I haven't ordered GCMS notes yet, so I do not know. Is it the reason why they are asking fingerprints + criminal record check from RCMP? Or is it mandatory for all applicants from Canada?

Technically you have to send your police clearance from
Everywhere you lived more than 6 months for. Including Canada. Go to a local rcmp office that deals with fingerprinting and record check. Do that as soon as you can. Take your passport and copy of email maybe? Those offices tend to be very crowded so do first thing in a weekday morning. They mail it out to you or directly to CIC. You can inform CIC if it's delayed more than 30days citing the reason. It should be fine

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nightrain said:

Normally, you have to submit police certificate for the countries you have lived more than 6 months. For Canada, mostly they check directly with RCMP. However, sometimes they ask you to do the fingerprints and send the criminal record check results from RCMP to them. It should not be a problem. Just do it and send the results to them.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nightrain said:

I recommend you to order GCMS notes as soon as possible to see what has been done in your file so far.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody received GCMS notes recently? Please share the location of your file.

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
zorroo said:
Has anybody received GCMS notes recently? Please share the location of your file.
Still DA****
Why not RFV for me yet? Hope to see it in the coming one.