+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone ordered the GCMS notes recently to see any changes so far? It is really frustrating that they forgot us! :'(

nightrain

May 20, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
16-11-2015 (Police certificate)
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
Passport Req..
05-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-01-2016
zorroo said:
It is really frustrating that they forgot us! :'(
:'( :'( :'(

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
self_confident said:
Dear all,

My medical exam results have been sent. Since I was treated for TB in the past, i received medical surveillance handout from cic, saying that i need to contact public health authorities for further followup. I have contacted public health center and have been booked too see a doctor later in 2 months (that is the earliest time).
Does anyone have any idea if I will still receive PPR during this time or they will wait until I complete the followup since It may take few months to finish this.

Thanks
I think you need to wait.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those who passed 11 month since their application submission, please give a call to CIC call center and ask abut your application, then share your experience here. I think even you can send an email to CPC or make a case specific inquiry.

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
zorroo said:
For those who passed 11 month since their application submission, please give a call to CIC call center and ask abut your application, then share your experience here. I think even you can send an email to CPC or make a case specific inquiry.
I called recently (after 11 months passed), first the agent was not aware of 11 month time period. After I pointed to CIC's website, he checked and said OK. Then he looked into my file and the only thing he said was that "you are going through background check and at this stage we can't do anything to expedite the process".

Also recently I got GCMS notes, in the first page in front of "Group Name" it is mentinoed "RFV -> 31 March, 2016". Not sure what it means but one likely explanation could be that they have scheduled my PPR to 31 March, 2016.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
perfection_88 said:
I called recently (after 11 months passed), first the agent was not aware of 11 month time period. After I pointed to CIC's website, he checked and said OK. Then he looked into my file and the only thing he said was that "you are going through background check and at this stage we can't do anything to expedite the process".

Also recently I got GCMS notes, in the first page in front of "Group Name" it is mentinoed "RFV -> 31 March, 2016". Not sure what it means but one likely explanation could be that they have scheduled my PPR to 31 March, 2016.
Hope you get it much sooner.

In you GCMS, what is the location of your file? and based on the GCMS, can you say that you have passed the security check? Because, I think if you pass it then you can see the RFV in your GCMS.

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Viva2014 said:
Hope you get it much sooner.

In you GCMS, what is the location of your file? and based on the GCMS, can you say that you have passed the security check? Because, I think if you pass it then you can see the RFV in your GCMS.
Thanks viva for your good will. The location of paper file is "FSW - APPEARS RFV". Can you share the history of your file's locations from one of the GCMS notes you received after landing? Just want to get an idea of how close I am to ppr.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perfection_88 said:
Thanks viva for your good will. The location of paper file is "FSW - APPEARS RFV". Can you share the history of your file's locations from one of the GCMS notes you received after landing? Just want to get an idea of how close I am to ppr.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Could you please tell us that when The location of your paper file turned to "FSW - APPEARS RFV"? Was it in FSW-Registry before that? what does it say in front of Security for you?passed?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
perfection_88 said:
First, I did not get GCMS after landing but I can tell you the locations of my file. It might be different for your case as I do not have RFV in my GCMS.

After being in program integrity, it went to ZS*** location and being there for around 3 months, then it was transferred to RK*** location. When it was in this location, I can see that there is a note indicating that file is going to be transferred to officer for (final) review. Then my file was transferred to JH*** location where the officer in the note indicated to issue PPR and COPR. based on the issue date of GCMS , I got DM some days after that and received PPR around 10 days afterward.
As you can see I didn't have RFV location. I do not have any idea if this location was the next location of my file or not. You can check the note section of your GCMS to see if it your file has been transferred for final review. I remember that those applicants whose file was in RFV location, got PPR after that.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Viva2014 said:
First, I did not get GCMS after landing but I can tell you the locations of my file. It might be different for your case as I do not have RFV in my GCMS.

After being in program integrity, it went to ZS*** location and being there for around 3 months, then it was transferred to RK*** location. When it was in this location, I can see that there is a note indicating that file is going to be transferred to officer for (final) review. Then my file was transferred to JH*** location where the officer in the note indicated to issue PPR and COPR. based on the issue date of GCMS , I got DM some days after that and received PPR around 10 days afterward.
As you can see I didn't have RFV location. I do not have any idea if this location was the next location of my file or not. You can check the note section of your GCMS to see if it your file has been transferred for final review. I remember that those applicants whose file was in RFV location, got PPR after that.

Hi Viva,

I did landing 10 days ago, but my eCas status not changed to "completed", yet. Is normal?
Thanks.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Saph said:
Hi Viva,

I did landing 10 days ago, but my eCas status not changed to "completed", yet. Is normal?
Thanks.
Congrats Saph :)

Although in my case it took 4-5 days to be appeared but I know many PPL who got it updated very late. Don't worry as it does not affect anything.
Even there are some ppl in FSW thread who got PPR and after a long time they still have 3 lines.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Viva2014 said:
Congrats Saph :)

Although in my case it took 4-5 days to be appeared but I know many PPL who got it updated very late. Don't worry as it does not affect anything.
Even there are some ppl in FSW thread who got PPR and after a long time they still have 3 lines.

ehsan.isf

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Hi friends,

My 4th line has just updated saying that CPC sent me an email on September 21 regarding some additional documents. I was wondering if anybody has requested to send CV and Student form?

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ehsan.isf said:
Hi friends,

My 4th line has just updated saying that CPC sent me an email on September 21 regarding some additional documents. I was wondering if anybody has requested to send CV and Student form?
Normally they ask for this information especially for Iranian applicants if you have not provided it when you submitted your application. but mostly they ask for it when they send you the medical request. When did you receive this email and did they say anything else about your application?