+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

shima2000

Sep 1, 2015
Hi all
I October applicant and still waiting for PPR. Today I called CIC and I told them it's been almost 11 months I sent my application to CIC, but they told me from the time you receive your file number your 11 months begins, Is it true?
If it is a case, I should still wait until December as I received file number on January 14th. :( :( :(

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
shima2000 said:
Hi all
I October applicant and still waiting for PPR. Today I called CIC and I told them it's been almost 11 months I sent my application to CIC, but they told me from the time you receive your file number your 11 months begins, Is it true?
If it is a case, I should still wait until December as I received file number on January 14th. :( :( :(
I'm also October applicant and still waiting for PPR. Have you ordered GCMS notes recently? If so, what was the location/recent activity on your file?

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shima2000 said:
Hi all
Hi shima, I don't see any reason to worry for you. I guess that they are busy with other files like express entry and they are not working in our files right now! Just be patient and follow this forum and cpc-ottawa. When they start to send PPR, perhaps our turns would come too!

churchill1985

Mar 17, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind reply. I had a very pleasant landing experience at Rainbow Bridge. The Canadian officer only asked two questions which were already on the CoPR letter. The whole process took about 40 minutes including walking to the US border. Best wishes to anyone who is still waiting for your next steps.

PhD2014 said:
1- These are the only documents that you should have with. They may ask you to return all valid and expired work and study permits.

2- Yes you will get a letter but this is not refusal letter. This letter is only for the Canadian border to make sure that you have been entered to the USA land. You did not apply for the USA VISA to get a rejection. I asked it from a USA immigration officer at the border and he said this is not affecting your future VISA application.

3-Keep in mind that you can provide a list of belongings that you already have in your home country. You will get a printed paper based on your claim. you can bring those items to Canada without TAX payment.

*Be relax during your landing.
*Use sidewalk to pass the border. I believe this is better than taking your car with you. You only need a quarter (25 cent) per person to pass the border gate in Canada.

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
I found something change to my CIC online system.
This is the second time to apply for PR, and I failed in the first time. Previously, the system shows the status of both applications; the current one is "in process" and the previous one is "completed".
Tonight, I found the status of the previous one disappeared. There is only one line showing "In process".
It means that CIC is processing my application.

uwaterloo

Nov 7, 2014
gavin_cic said:
I found something change to my CIC online system.
This is the second time to apply for PR, and I failed in the first time. Previously, the system shows the status of both applications; the current one is "in process" and the previous one is "completed".
Tonight, I found the status of the previous one disappeared. There is only one line showing "In process".
It means that CIC is processing my application.
Your turn is coming 8)

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
uwaterloo said:
Your turn is coming 8)
Hope so.... although it is also possibly just an automatic operation of the system.
Wish CIC shower us shortly!

shima2000

Sep 1, 2015
perfection_88 said:
I'm also October applicant and still waiting for PPR. Have you ordered GCMS notes recently? If so, what was the location/recent activity on your file?
perfection_88 said:
Perfection 88, I received it today. It shows it was in program integrity before, but it is more than a month it is in regular FSW office, What does it mean?

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
shima2000 said:
Perfection 88, I received it today. It shows it was in program integrity before, but it is more than a month it is in regular FSW office, What does it mean?
Not sure about the exact role of program integrity. my application was also there and now is in regular FSW. I know that some people's applications (specially people from some countries) go to program integrity for further checking which further delays the processing time.

Interesting thing is that in one of my GCMS notes they mentioned transfer of my application to program integrity and in the subsequent notes that I received, they redacted everything related to program integrity similar to information about security checks.

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
26-Mar-2015(Intend to live Outside of Quebec)
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
6-April-2015(3rd line appeared on 15th Oct 2015)
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Hi folks,

Any news for your cases?

My third line for the medical examination is still not available, although CIC replied to me that the medical examination result was available in their system. However, I found some wired stuff when I checked my eCas system this morning. The following stuff is showed in my ecas system.

1,We received your application for permanent residence on November 20, 2014.
2,We started processing your application on May 22, 2015.
3,We transferred your application to the Case Processing Centre Ottawa office on February 11, 2015. The Case Processing Centre Ottawa office may contact you.
4,We sent you correspondence on March 26, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5,We sent you correspondence on May 25, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
6,We sent you medical instructions on May 25, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Have you ever find these kind of stuff in your system before?

uwaterloo

Nov 7, 2014
lavalsong said:
Hi folks,

Any news for your cases?

My third line for the medical examination is still not available, although CIC replied to me that the medical examination result was available in their system. However, I found some wired stuff when I checked my eCas system this morning. The following stuff is showed in my ecas system.

1,We received your application for permanent residence on November 20, 2014.
2,We started processing your application on May 22, 2015.
3,We transferred your application to the Case Processing Centre Ottawa office on February 11, 2015. The Case Processing Centre Ottawa office may contact you.
4,We sent you correspondence on March 26, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5,We sent you correspondence on May 25, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
6,We sent you medical instructions on May 25, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Have you ever find these kind of stuff in your system before?
Nothing new with my ECAS, still two lines :(

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
Hello Uwaterloo,

It seems CIC slowed down in the FSW-Ph D stream.

uwaterloo said:
Nothing new with my ECAS, still two lines :(

Oct 11, 2014
Dear all,

My medical exam results have been sent. Since I was treated for TB in the past, i received medical surveillance handout from cic, saying that i need to contact public health authorities for further followup. I have contacted public health center and have been booked too see a doctor later in 2 months (that is the earliest time).
Does anyone have any idea if I will still receive PPR during this time or they will wait until I complete the followup since It may take few months to finish this.

Thanks

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Finished my landing process on Monday when back to Canda from my home country, was pretty good! My e-cas still shows "Decision made" though! Is normal?

lavalsong

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Quebec city
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
(PER-CIO)11-Feb-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
27-Feb-2015
Med's Request
25-May-2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
5-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
31-Jan-2016
congraulations!!!

Saph said:
Finished my landing process on Monday when back to Canda from my home country, was pretty good! My e-cas still shows "Decision made" though! Is normal?