+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
Saph said:
Hi guys,

I am going to send my passport to CIC, Doo you have any suggestions regarding the post? should I send any other document along with the passport? Thank you.
I sent on PO Box (as they suggested for XpressPost) and asked for signature too. I wrote a short cover letter saying " This letter is the response of your email dated xx-xx-xxxx regarding passport request. I have attached passports and copy of the email together. "

Like this. :) It is not necessary but just. No other documents other than Passports (your and all dependents together) and printed copy of the "Ready for Visa" email, and One letter sized prepaid return envelop.

Now you can relax. :)

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
richard1234 said:
I sent on PO Box (as they suggested for XpressPost) and asked for signature too. I wrote a short cover letter saying " This letter is the response of your email dated xx-xx-xxxx regarding passport request. I have attached passports and copy of the email together. "

Like this. :) It is not necessary but just. No other documents other than Passports (your and all dependents together) and printed copy of the "Ready for Visa" email, and One letter sized prepaid return envelop.

Thanks a lot! yeah is such a relief, I was on pressure last couple of months! It took almost 19 month!! But good finished finally. Thanks for all the help.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
richard1234 said:

You sent to the following address? right?

Canada Post:

CPC – Ottawa

PO Box 9780

Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
Hi guys,

Congratulations to all of you who got MR, and PPR. specially Viva and Kamran,

I have a question, I ordered GCMS on June 1st and I July 2nd I emailed them that I haven't received my notes, they replied back saying that they acknowledge my note is overdue and they will send it ASAP. I still haven't received it! I emailed them 2 days ago but no reply . Has anyone had this problem before?

BTW: is they any other Oct applicant on this forum waiting for PPR?

perfection_88

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
farahnz said:
Hi guys,

I have a question, I ordered GCMS on June 1st and I July 2nd I emailed them that I haven't received my notes, they replied back saying that they acknowledge my note is overdue and they will send it ASAP. I still haven't received it! I emailed them 2 days ago but no reply . Has anyone had this problem before?

Farahnaz,
I am October applicant and still waiting for PPR. I received my last GCMS notes last week. It shows criminality is still in progress and everything related to security is blank (I have about 2 blank pages for security screening!). It has been three months after my medical submission and this long wait time is not pleasant. Please share your experience if you get your GCMS or PPR.

Viva and kamran or other people that got PPR,
Can you share the location history of your file (before getting ppr). The current location of my file is "FSW-REG" and I don't know how close I am to getting PPR.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farahnz said:
Hi guys,

Hi farahnz, This happened to me as well. You will receive your GCMS notes soon.

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
perfection_88 said:
Farahnaz,
I am October applicant and still waiting for PPR. I received my last GCMS notes last week. It shows criminality is still in progress and everything related to security is blank (I have about 2 blank pages for security screening!). It has been three months after my medical submission and this long wait time is not pleasant. Please share your experience if you get your GCMS or PPR.

Viva and kamran or other people that got PPR,
Can you share the location history of your file (before getting ppr). The current location of my file is "FSW-REG" and I don't know how close I am to getting PPR.
Thanks Perfection, I will let you know once I got my notes. I don't think that would happen anytime soon though as they do not respond to my emails anymore :( I ordered new GCMS yesterday...

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
zorroo said:
Hi farahnz, This happened to me as well. You will receive your GCMS notes soon.
Thanks Zorroo for the reply, For something that is supposed to be delivered in 30 days, 15 days delay is a lottt :(. I have no hopes of receiving it anymore. Ordered new notes.

Enginer315

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2014
Nomination.....
11-02-2015
AOR Received.
14-05-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
19-05-2015
Interview........
4th Line (DM): 29-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-07-2015
farahnz said:
Hi guys,

I ordered GCMS two times and i got right after 30 days. I guess better order new one.

Enginer315

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2014
Nomination.....
11-02-2015
AOR Received.
14-05-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
19-05-2015
Interview........
4th Line (DM): 29-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-07-2015
cantaloupe said:
you simply didn't do a great job by, 1st: having planned a trip within days of landing, and 2nd: handling the officer's question. I'd recommend the same thing if I were the officer! lol

oh, and guideline!! : a port of entry officer is not required to ask about your future plans unless it is meant to shed light on something unclear about your situation... after all you could certainly insist (while keeping a smile on your face) if you wanted to!
I guess u r right. I just didnt handle that quite well. I will do that on the way back.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
absolute_boy97 said:
Congrats!! What is the employment letter they asked for? ALso I had called cic and they told me the office in Vancouver will let me know in 4 weeks by mail (!) when my landing time should be. I called them last week and still nothing from CIC. where did you land and how long after your call they did you land? and how did the local CIC office informed you? Thanksss
Hi. I am not sure about that but it is probably for POF. I got a letter from my department mentioning my RA and GA (the payments) and when I started.
The lady over the phone told me it may take 3 weeks to contact you but I was lucky that I got an email for landing appointment on the same day. The local CIC office contacted me by email.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Enginer315 said:
Hi guys

I would like to share surprising story of my landing at Douglas (Pease Arch) port of entry at Vancouver main land.
I went through all flag polling formalities. Then Canadian Boarder Officer just put "Douglas" on my CoPR and asked "do I have any travel plans?". I said 'Yes' and I am going to Europe on this 17 July.
Then officer said that better to do landing on the way back from EU. The reason he gave that if he do my landing then I won't be able to fly because I will not get the PR card before July 17.

This response really surprised me which makes no sense to me. Well, I didn't argue with him and said OK I will do on my way back from EU.

Wonder if anyone had similar situation ?
And it might be some Guidelines for those who are expecting landing in future.

Cheers,
Actually, my friend had the similar issue and before going for landing he called the center and they advised him to postpone his landing after coming back as the officer in the boarder may refuse him to enter to Canada without having PR card or traveling document. So, he did his landing after coming back.